Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Cataclysm Mouse + SWTOR Help! :(

I cant get my WoW:Cataclysm mouse from SteelSeries to work in SWTOR. The buttons seems dead in SWTOR, and I really need those buttons. Im a keybind addict, and I lose like 10 keybinds without my mouse, and thats too much for me.

Anyone has an addon or something that can sort this?

Really appreciate the help
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a naga, you wont regret it ; )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Get a naga, you wont regret it ; )
    Im thinking Ill do that, if my WoW mouse wont work with SWTOR, which is stupid IMO
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ouse-amp-SWTOR

There are a couple of fixes here.

think of this as a learning experience. mice built for one game and one game alone tend to not work so well with other games. even if the other game is virtually identical and they really SHOULD work together.
    nice work SteelSeries.

hope everything works out for you, and if it doesn't i can vouch for both the Naga and the EpicNaga. The switchable sideplates of the EpicNaga are nicer than you'd think. one for a palmgrip, one for clawgrip and one for somewhere in the middle.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    think of this as a learning experience. mice built for one game and one game alone tend to not work so well with other games. even if the other game is virtually identical and they really SHOULD work together.
    nice work SteelSeries.
    I doubt that it has anything to do with a WoW mouse not working with SWTOR. I'd assume that it has more to do with SWTOR not supporting the mouse properly than anything SteelSeries has done intentionally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    I doubt that it has anything to do with a WoW mouse not working with SWTOR. I'd assume that it has more to do with SWTOR not supporting the mouse properly than anything SteelSeries has done intentionally.
    No, the mouse works perfectly fine (I use it) it's the proprietary software pack that muffs things up. If you change all the keybinds to your liking, load them to the mouse and uninstall the software, it works in SWTOR fine.

Thanks for all the help guys, I did manage to make it work.

its because the software is coded to work off world of warcraft in game commands. If they allowed you to bind to a key press that would make the WoW steelseries mouse that much better.

Its a ploy created by Blizzard so you can't use the mouse for ANY other game but WoW... muahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    i don't think it was intentional either. i think it was built with an extremely narrow view and SWTOR revealed that fact.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    i don't think it was intentional either. i think it was built with an extremely narrow view and SWTOR revealed that fact.
    SWTOR, Skyrim, Rage, Age of Empires and other games revealed that to me.

I have the same problem but mine is a tad bit different. I had windows XP and just recently switched to windows 7 heres the funny thing before I switched I had an older version of their software I downloaded a year ago when I built this computer, and the mouse worked great no problems. Now that I have windows 7 I had to redownload the software from their site, since they don't include a CD with their products. Now the mouse no longer works for SWTOR so if you can somehow find that old software version for the wow mouse it may work for you

---------- Post added 2011-12-25 at 10:29 PM ----------

found the SOLUTION windows XP didnt have user account controlls and win 7 does u have to deactivate it inorder for the mouse to work propperly well atleast in my case just google or bing " HOW TO DEACTIVATE UAC " to find out how to do this

My cata mouse was working fine with SWToR until I downloaded the settings! Now only button 4 and 5 are working. And the regular movement buttons of course.

I don't have the Cataclysm Mouse but I do have the orginal WoW mouse, enabling it to run with admin privaledges is how I got mine to work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I don't have the Cataclysm Mouse but I do have the orginal WoW mouse, enabling it to run with admin privaledges is how I got mine to work.
    iirc mouse drivers run in kernel mode, that's way above admin.

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination13 View Post
    iirc mouse drivers run in kernel mode, that's way above admin.
    No idea, all I can say is that it wasn't working before I enabled it to run as admin and now it works fine. The same happens for Ventrillo, if it aint set with admin priviliges then it won't let me use push to talk. People in my guild even have issues turning Ventrillo on without first shutting SWTOR down completely, so I guess SWTOR really doesn't like you using third party programmes when its on. Just to further elaborate but I bought a Corsair M90 explicitly because I couldn't get the WoW mouse to work and in truth I need a new mouse and it didn't work either. I dropped the M90 because I couldn't get the buttons to work as modifier keys effectively but when I get home tomorrow I could experiment abit to see if admin would get it to work.

Oddly enough my Nostromo worked without any fiddles.

Need to run the software in admin mode, something to do with UAC. Or disable UAC if you feel comfortable with that.

Quote Originally Posted by alilei31 View Post
    reinstall the drivers
    hell mines working now even without the software.
    This. I had the same problem. Works fine now.