Diablo III Size Comparison?

In Diablo II it was approx 4 times the size of Diablo I, any information on how much bigger his one will be compared to Diablo II? Also since it is more a part of BattleNet now will there be downloadable content like WOW down the road? cant wait either way.
    Last edited by Sodka; 2011-12-21 at 04:07 PM.

There will be at least 3 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitius View Post
    There will be at least 3 expansions.

Any idea how big it will be compared to Diablo II?

They said one playthrough should be a little bit shorter than D2. But you have 4 difficulties instead of 3 so I'm not worried.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    And if inferno is anything like they've been making it out to be, it will be soul-crushingly hard so...... Atleast Dark Souls built up my soul's resilience :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kira2169 View Post
    And if inferno is anything like they've been making it out to be, it will be soul-crushingly hard so...... Atleast Dark Souls built up my soul's resilience :P
    I fear it'll be nerfed eventually either way...

with 3 expansions, each raising the level cap, the game will play a lot more like WoW than D2.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I fear it'll be nerfed eventually either way...

with 3 expansions, each raising the level cap, the game will play a lot more like WoW than D2.
    Well, since the game isn't really competitive they won't nerf inferno that much I believe. Don't forget there are two different design teams with two different philosophies. And the structure with cap at 60 makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Cool The real question is what % of top-tier loot will only drop in inferno ;).

I await HC inferno with baited breath...

I guess it takes about an hour to rush through all quests in beta and I think beta is about a third of act one. If you just sum it up, you get 3 hours per act which equals 12 hours for one walktrough, maybe faster as you get more gear/skills/runes and your killing speed increases. So 10-12 hours without roleplaying stuff. Sounds pretty much for a rush on normal, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Sacrifice View Post
    I guess it takes about an hour to rush through all quests in beta and I think beta is about a third of act one. If you just sum it up, you get 3 hours per act which equals 12 hours for one walktrough, maybe faster as you get more gear/skills/runes and your killing speed increases. So 10-12 hours without roleplaying stuff. Sounds pretty much for a rush on normal, not sure.
    Beta speedruns are about ~15m

rush:
    unlocking and finishing all content/quests and killing all stuff on your way to gain experience in a hurry and skipping all lore and artisan stuff

speed run:
    trying 20 times to be as fast as possbile up to a certain point, skipping everything possible and making a video of it to show off on youtube

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kira2169 View Post
    Dark souls build up my soul for D3, which is good because of how crushed my soul was after getting wow's Professor title in archeology.

they even said at the blizzcon that they WANT inferno to be frustratingly hard and thus wont nerf it... they might buff it tho

Mmm, should be fun working through inferno. Fun in a head bashing sort of way most likely, but fun nonetheless :P