Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    It´s need to be usb and work both on mac and windows, that is the reason why megladon suits me right now. but come with your suggestions

10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend the G930, but there is no mac support for it(that I can see).

10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech G930... don't waste your money on the megalodon... that thing is rubbish and falls apart... If you want a true 7.1 surround sound headset, just wait for Razer's new headset that they will be releasing shortly... but yea, don't ever buy the megalodon, it is by far the worst 150 investment you could make.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    are we talking weeks or months?

Razer is mouse manufacturer, their audio gear leaves much room for improvement.

Logitech too, but they at least have 10 years more experience and arent doing that bad headphones anymore if you get better ones such as G35 or G930.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're in North America, http://www.psykoaudio.com are above and beyond anything in terms of sound quality. (Yes, including senheiser.) True 5.1 surround sound with a mixamp and a bunch of nifty features. I've used Astros, Steelseries and everything in between, and psykos are without a doubt the best I've ever used.
    Last edited by Synwyn; 2011-12-21 at 09:55 PM.
    Nutter

Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    If you're in North America, http://www.psykoaudio.com are above and beyond anything in terms of sound quality. (Yes, including senheiser.) True 5.1 surround sound with a mixamp and a bunch of nifty features.
    I have my doubts. Especially since nowhere on that site they provided any technical details of the drivers used. No size, no frequency range... Nothing but advertising hype. That's not how quality audio gear manufacturers operate. Size of the speakers is the prime reason why true 5.1 headphones at gamer price range usually suck donkey balls.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I have my doubts. Especially since nowhere on that site they provided any technical details of the drivers used. No size, no frequency range... Nothing but advertising hype. That's not how quality audio gear manufacturers operate. Size of the speakers is the prime reason why true 5.1 headphones at gamer price range usually suck donkey balls.
    Free to think what you wish. A 3 man company with no VC funding and absolutely zero budget for marketing/web design. Met them at quakecon. Good fellas.

Feel free to ess the dee of the big name companies, though. Let the small guys that actually give a fuck about their product fold. That's the way the market works anyways.
    Last edited by Synwyn; 2011-12-21 at 10:24 PM.
    Nutter

Wait what?
    a Gaming headset for your iMac?
    Whatever, man. Anyways I suggest something that doesnt have that infernal volume control box, since that always screws with the connection. Badly. It's also the weakest link. I would suggest you go for a siberia and an external USB soundcard, since with all headsets you get about the same quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    Free to think what you wish. A 3 man company with no VC funding and absolutely zero budget for marketing/web design. Met them at quakecon. Good fellas.

Feel free to ess the dee of the big name companies, though.
    So did the three guys at quakecon S your D or why you think they'd make better quality audio gear than companies that have been on business for more than 50 years?
    Trolling should be.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    So did the three guys at quakecon S your D or why you think they'd make better quality audio gear than companies that have been on business for more than 50 years?
    No, they make better products. I'm honest about stuff like that, as I have nothing to gain by stating that they are superior. :P
    The true 5.1 doesn't shine in a game like WoW or a moba like LoL/Dota etc. The experience I've had using them playing stuff like Dead Space 2, BF3, etc has been absolutely life-changing. '

Why do I think they make better products? Because they have no money. No funding. Just passion. 3 people putting their lives on the line to develop a product they are passionate about and they believe in. Other companies don't really have to give a shit about their products failing. They have the funding to support a loss. Psyko doesn't.

PS OP: Razer headsets are shit, though the Carcharias is exceptionally comfortable.

So yes, I essed their dees after using their products, because afterwards I became attracted to them.
    Nutter

Deleted
    is it possible to get 7.1 surround sound usb card? and do you guys know where i can buy it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sennheiser PC350, you will be hard pressed to find a better gaming headset, but it does cost a bit more $180 instead of $150
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...6219&Tpk=pc350

to go with that an Asus Xonar U3 (this doesn't really do the headset justice, but cheap, good, usb audio doesn't exist, you can pick two, but not all three)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829132022

Deleted
    Sennheiser PC350! _THE_ best one i have used and i have used lots of different ones.

Fuzzeekee
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Sennheiser PC350, you will be hard pressed to find a better gaming headset, but it does cost a bit more $180 instead of $150
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...6219&Tpk=pc350

to go with that an Asus Xonar U3 (this doesn't really do the headset justice, but cheap, good, usb audio doesn't exist, you can pick two, but not all three)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829132022
    This is such a good entry setup...I have a logitech g35 because I'm cheap, but the one he linked above is better. ALSO the logitech headsets are PRONE to breaking as mine was RMA'd, but the warranty is 2 years and a brand new one just came in...Stressful though replacing it. I personally wished I would've have paid a bit extra for the one above, or gone ultra cheap with the sony DR-GA200 (which looks very comfortable, have a taste: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666253163 )

Got myself Sennheiser PC-360 + Asus Xonar DG few months ago, been satisfied but cost a bit.

As a few people have recommended: Logitech G930! I've had mine for a couple of months now, best purchase I've ever made.

I just checked what the dollar is worth in my money and it came up as exactly 150$
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlycaster View Post
    As a few people have recommended: Logitech G930! I've had mine for a couple of months now, best purchase I've ever made.
    G35 is the wired version of it. Much cheaper too.
    Trolling should be.

Any headset that doesn't peel easily?

As in the synthetic portions that sometimes peel in contact with sweat.