Just some observations I have made with the 3-man group I have been running with. I am a Assassin tank and I have a Sniper and Merc Healer with me. We usually have Merc's Companion out for a little extra heal/dps, sometimes mine for an off-tank/dps.

When pulling a group of 4 mobs I generally instruct the DPS to go after one of the weaker things and I ignore it. It doesn't do a lot of damage even if the weakest in the pack is a Strong and dies really fast with both of them on it. I'll CC the toughest ranged thing then hit the Strongest Melee thing with the channeled lightning then switch to the third target and zap it with the instant cast. If I can, I pull away from the CC and hot my AoE, cast time DoT the bigger one and start white attacking the weak things. Keeping both the 2nd and 3rd strongest on me isn't hard at this point, as DPS were on the weakest thing not building threat yet. We then work our way up. It's a bit of a hassle tab targeting you use abilities on all things while maintaining white attacks on DPS targets, but not too hard. I try to save my taunt for when something turns on healer or someone.

This works well on all but packs of 4 elites or of there is a champion involved, in which case we pull out more CC and focus one target a little more.

It's a little different from WoW, where everyone goes after the big thing and then mops up, so I think that's where a lot of people are having issues, but we don't seem to be. Just curious if this is how others are doing it or if there is a better way.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 01:09 PM ----------

Usually not a fan of bumping, but this is getting close to dropping off first page and really interested in others opinions.