Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Could be interesting. The only gripe I have is if certain DE's can only happen at night, you'll need to wait more than an hour if you just missed it.

It makes sense from a gameplay point of view, but as a roleplayer I simply don't like it, for obvious reasons. Wasn't a huge fan of it in Lotro either.

Kind of breaks my immersion when day and night occurs multiple times a day.

Deleted
    2 hours might be a bit short but I really would love to see the night as well, I rarely saw it in WoW. Would be even cooler with unique events tied to it.

Maybe 6 hours day, 3 hours night would be better?

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think 2 hours is short, but I do love this option over what WoW offers. Since I play at the same time, I only get to see the same "time of day"

1 full day in Skyrim is 48 minutes in real time. I don't see 80/40 being too short at all. If anything, it might be too long.

Deleted
    I like it. I really really like it.
    Did I say I like it?

TBBT?

(To Be Beta Tested?)

If it's too short or whatever on the beta, and they get a lot of feedback on it, I'm sure they will see on it.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Could be interesting. The only gripe I have is if certain DE's can only happen at night, you'll need to wait more than an hour if you just missed it.
    ...Uh, no. You will likely have to wait longer.

DEs ain't (normally) daily like that as far as I know, could wait a month on it. Then again, what's the point of camping what has already happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea but I think it's way to short.
    2 hours night and 4 hours day would be good.

Deleted
    Not sure what to say of this, rather wait to see what is different between day and night in game before I speak. Besides some mobs/events, I'd like to know about how will the place actually look, as in will it actually be dark at night?

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It makes sense from a gameplay point of view, but as a roleplayer I simply don't like it, for obvious reasons. Wasn't a huge fan of it in Lotro either.

Maybe the planet revolves around its ax faster then Earth? It got hit by an asteroid on a side 5 million years ago and now it's speeding like crazy. That would be logical if you think about it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Not sure what to say of this, rather wait to see what is different between day and night in game before I speak. Besides some mobs/events, I'd like to know about how will the place actually look, as in will it actually be dark at night?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCehYrEbO0
    2:13 - 2:17
    a small example

10+ Year Old Account
    The Devs have said the decision to make the day/night cycle 2 hours was so that players could experience both in a moderate length play session.

It also lets them do cool things like weapons that function differently during day and night.
    For example, some items of the "Ghastly weapon" set heal you during the day and steal health during the night.

Actually I thought the cycle of day/night was twice a day not 2 hours..?

If i remember correctly, Aion had quests that could only be done in day or night. It was nice but annoying at the same time. As sometimes you would want day but it take ages to come :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Freq...sked_Questions
    Are they going to include a day/night cycle?

Yes. The cycle will be faster than real time. Events and monster spawning will change based on the time of day. Centaurs might attack a camp at dawn, and ghosts haunting an ancient battlefield might only be visible at night. Currently, the cycle lasts 2 hours with 80 minutes of day and 40 minutes of night, but this is subject to change before release

Personally I hope it changes. I like the idea of day/night quest and effects i suppose but I also like when the sun or moon outside my window matches my game setting : D. They could always do things like thunderstorms or heavy rain to make some days have mini nights if that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's perfect how it is. I hate games that don't have day/night or games that have time matching real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Woa it's 2hrs long?! That's tight!! I think 2hrs is perfect because you get time for each multiple times a day, however I kinda dislike that it's not like 1 hr night and 1hr day.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I'd prefer a realistic day/night cycle, but it really doesn't bother me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pridefox View Post
    Personally I hope it changes. I like the idea of day/night quest and effects i suppose but I also like when the sun or moon outside my window matches my game setting : D. They could always do things like thunderstorms or heavy rain to make some days have mini nights if that makes sense.
    i like this. if they could introduce different weathers once in a while, that would really mix things up. rain would slow players down by say 1-5%. mobs would be unaffected. this is enough to make the player be aware of indoors/outdoors just like in rl.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the day/night cycles in all games.

40 minutes may be too short. I think 2.5 day/1.5 night would be better. I feel like if I'm playing and it just turned day when I started, and then after a 2.5 hour length of time it's night I'll be more likely to think "damn, I've been in this world for a long time".

Where do we tell them at?

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 02:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post

Well, you wouldn't be on earth anyways so...
    Chances are NO planet anywhere else has a 24 hour day.
    Sorry to burst your immersion bubble :/ at least now you know!