Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

WSG and AB rep grind

Is it ever going to get nerfed? As it is it's the 2 worst rep grinds in game - worse than Insane

Deleted
    in comparison to av , yes they are horrible .. guess AB needs arounds 300-400 wins for exalted & wsg i dunno even worse :x

Quote Originally Posted by Viriya View Post
    worse than Insane
    Current Insane. Most likely
    You can argue:
    pvp vs pve

Pre-nerf Insane
    You can argue:
    pvp vs pve
    Low pop Vs High pop servers and economy related

Universally.. It was fair(Justicar/Conquerer) however diminishing a already diminished title and begging for a nerf is exactly why the prestigious "The Insane" is gone

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just one of those reps you get up from being a PvP hero for a long time.

I've had both reps maxed on my rogue since like mid-BC, just from the shear amount I played the game.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unlikely, Just finished my Conquer yesterday OP and I feel your pain. The WSG one is much worst then the AB one for sure =/

Least in my opinion.

Deleted
    It took me a few months of constant WsG spamming to get exalted, BUT! remember now twin peaks gives you the same rep so at least its a change.

I captured nearly 600 flags and I always played to win regardless of the honor farming idiots who I had to group with to gain the Justicar ach.

As for AB, its just play, play, play and play and albeit slow, you get there eventually.

Oh and remember make the most of call to arms weekends for these 2 BG's as you get more rep!

Good luck

Best advice I can give is to afk out if you start losing in WSG. There's more than enough other things you can do to negate the debuff, and chasing comebacks will only wear out your patience.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I got both at least 2 years ago.

Deleted
    No, I hope they will not nerf it. Took me hundrends of BGs to do so on my main so yes, I don't want anyone else doing it easier way
    Last edited by mmoc1dbcdc2134; 2011-12-23 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    WSG: 35rep each flagcapture.. Lets say, you win 50%, with 3 flags mostly... and losses with an average of 1 flag? Which makes an average of 2 flagcaps each game. This is quite an optimistic average imo.

amount of rep you need: 3000+6000+12000+21000=42000rep

42000/35=1200 flagcaptures needed.

1200/2= 600 games. You'll need to play 600 WSG games to reach exalted rep, good luck have fun
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    WSG: 35rep each flagcapture.. Lets say, you win 50%, with 3 flags mostly... and losses with an average of 1 flag? Which makes an average of 2 flagcaps each game. This is quite an optimistic average imo.

amount of rep you need: 3000+6000+12000+21000=42000rep

42000/35=1200 flagcaptures needed.

1200/2= 600 games. You'll need to play 600 WSG games to reach exalted rep, good luck have fun
    What about WSG weekends + guild rep boost. It is already boosted enough. And don't forget short time queues. When I was doing my Conqueror the queues for AB/WSG were from 15mins to 30mins

Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    No, I hope they will not nerf it. Took me hundrends of BGs to do so on my main so yes, I don't want anyone else doing it easier way
    I disagree with your reasoning on account of it being vindictive. I got Loremaster before the Shattering, and I don't consider it a bad thing that players can get the same title as me from the new questing experience--I went back and re-did all the revamped zones because, let's face it, the old world wasn't ageing well and won't be missed at all.

I've almost finished the Justicar grind--about another forty caps to go if I do them this weekend, and AB is just a matter of time and patience (Likely just one more AB weekend)--and I can safely conclude that the people who told me that when I get the title I will cheer and defend the grind as much as they do were talking out of their arses and trying to convince themselves that they didn't just waste all that time for nothing.

I just wish there was a Championing system in place for these battlegrounds like we currently have for dungeons, so people could queue for random battlegrounds and still get rep with their chosen faction. And let's face it, representing the Silverwing Sentinels while fighting alongside the League of Arathor is at least logical considering they're both parts of the Alliance war machine and the BG CtA questgivers talked about recognising the effects success in one battleground has on the others.

It's not like wading into Halls of Reflection and trying to rationalise why the Bilgewater Cartel would give a damn about what you were doing other than the Scourge being bad for business.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    Current Insane. Most likely
    You can argue:
    pvp vs pve

Pre-nerf Insane
    You can argue:
    pvp vs pve
    Low pop Vs High pop servers and economy related

Universally.. It was fair(Justicar/Conquerer) however diminishing a already diminished title and begging for a nerf is exactly why the prestigious "The Insane" is gone
    The Insane was never more than a grind, a time and money commitment.
    It was never prestigious.
    Dungeon content we outgeared/levelled.
    Raid content we outgeared/levelled.
    Farming of items in the outdoor world from mobs we outgeared/levelled.
    Crafting from materials readily available in the outdoor world.

The battleground reputations and the rate they progress are reliant on the performance not only of yourself but of others.
    Something not present to any similar degree, if really at all for The Insane.

WSG is a nightmare..I was revered with them for close to 4 years and exalted with AB/AV since mid Vanilla..WSG exalted is excrutiating especially after vanilla when org/premades for GMs no longer existed...

Deleted
    I do not want it to be nerfed!

I enjoy every single WSG when pwning opposite team. It's a quintesence of PvP and I don't want it to be a massive faceroller to everyone who is an achiev whore. You want those reputations? Work for it! Work hard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea nerf it and make the "achievement" part of the "achievement" pointless.

I never "grinded" the reputations. I just enjoyed beating up hordes and now
    I'm exalted to all Battlegrounds.

Just go have fun in some battlegrounds instead of grinding the reputation.

I got this in like vanilla and I wasn't even trying. It was just these were the 3 BGs you ran in the old PVP ranking system, and that's all you did. I don't have the time now to get it. It's kinda weird to see a guy who plays about 2hrs a week now running around with Conqueror.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyok View Post
    I do not want it to be nerfed!

I enjoy every single WSG when pwning opposite team. It's a quintesence of PvP and I don't want it to be a massive faceroller to everyone who is an achiev whore. You want those reputations? Work for it! Work hard!
    Justicar and Conqueror are nothing to do with work or effort. All they say to me is "that guy got lucky in WSG", because that's all that part of the grind actually means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirea View Post
    What about WSG weekends + guild rep boost. It is already boosted enough. And don't forget short time queues. When I was doing my Conqueror the queues for AB/WSG were from 15mins to 30mins
    I don't know about the WSG weekend bonus, but 35rep per flag is with the guildboost.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I don't know about the WSG weekend bonus, but 35rep per flag is with the guildboost.
    With a guild level 25 it is 38,39,38,39,38

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Justicar and Conqueror are nothing to do with work or effort. All they say to me is "that guy got lucky in WSG", because that's all that part of the grind actually means.
    To me it shows a dedication, a hundreds of hours in AB/WSG it has a little to do with being lucky. Yes, luck might give you an advantage of playing 10-20% less BGs but that's all. On the note that my reasoning being vindictive. This is not a content of the game that has to be nerfed so everyone can see it. I remember seeing only few "The Insane" now it seems to me that almost everyone has it.
    What will be next, return of Scarab Lord title? Just leave some things the way they are, not everything has to be accessible by everyone with ease.