Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Blood Legion's Plan to Claim The #1 US Guild Spot - Brilliant.

I am a raider in <Raiding Rainbows> on the server Illidan, where our brothers in <Blood Legion> have been working on Spine. While I can't personally stand them, I am miffed at some of our raiders who decided to join them to help claim realm/US first. It is amazing seeing guilds cooperate to accomplish such an amazing feat. I guess I should put my selfishness behind me as I sit on the sidelines, watching some of my guildmates participate in an "enemy guild" to get Spine.

Illidan has definitely been united. Am I wrong in my thoughts? I have raided with RR for over 4 years, yet I feel f**cked over, and a few other people. But whatever it takes, right?

I think Blood Legion will kill it tonight; please, no flames in this thread. Just giving the world some insight on what <Blood Legion>'s plans are.

So their plan is to ditch their dead weight and pick up better players from other guilds on Illidan? How is that any different than what most guilds do? I'm not flaming you or getting on your case, but it just sounds like business as usual for a top end guild

It's good to see a guild trying everything to get the kill (I mean.. why not?) and the whole server helping them.
    but yes, I agree that I'd be pretty god damn bitter about losing members to rival.

I didn't realize people cared about US first.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthor View Post
    So their plan is to ditch their dead weight and pick up better players from other guilds on Illidan? How is that any different than what most guilds do? I'm not flaming you or getting on your case, but it just sounds like business as usual for a top end guild
    They probably don't have the roster to support a raid full of mages & rogues so they need to temporarily "borrow" them from other guilds. I don't think I've ever seen a fight cheesed as badly as Spine.... horrible design on Blizzard's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthor View Post
    It doesn't sound like they're ditching players, it sounds like they're borrowing geared burst classes (mages/shaman with DTR and rogues I imagine) from other guilds in order to get US first spine.

14 staffs is not enough?

Also just my opinion but I think it's good that the server is uniting but it's kindof crappy to ditch your own raiders to kill a boss with another guild... If I were you I'd be aggravated about it as well
    Last edited by Sabsy; 2011-12-21 at 07:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    14 staffs is not enough?
    On this fight that is near irrelevant unless its on an Arcane Mage.

Shamans with staves!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    On this fight that is near irrelevant unless its on an Arcane Mage.
    you mean theres other specs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it sucks to have some betrayal in your ranks. There isn't anything you can really do about it and it's better if you get used to the idea that you will meet more people that put themselves first as you continue to play the game. Rest assured, this is no noble effort to get the US first, the only kill that matters is the World First. If they didn't come together for that then you can count Regional patriotism out.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

so what do you guys get in return

BL has only 2 main mages, so of course they'll pull em from all over the realm.
    Last edited by Baschvaan; 2011-12-21 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace16 View Post
    I didn't realize people cared about US first.
    My thoughts exactly, lol. Whenever I see people bragging about their US rank it's like, but wait, why aren't you telling me your world rank? Conference champs don't mean crap when there's a Superbowl to be won.

Take solace in the fact that very, very few people give a damn about US first. The race is already over. BL lost.

Sounds the same as stealing/recruiting geared tanks for Four Horseman.

People should be psyched, its just like the good old days.

The "so and so won due to #many staffs!!" thing really needs to stop. ALL TOP GUILDS HAVE MANY MANY STAFFS. LET IT GO.

So... its not Blood Legion, but half the server... Wow... cant do it on their own, will use the server.
    Blood Legion (or US-Illidan?) at its finest

Still gotta admit, this is new.

And yeah who cares whose 1st in what region, World 1st went to Korea and big gratz to them.

You aren't witnessing anything new. People get poached all the time.

I expect that once the top 5-10 25 man guilds kill Spine, we'll see another nerf to the tendon HP.

I honestly feel that the 10 man version is what one may call a "balanced" fight because we've seen both a Mage stack and a Balanced-Dot Friendly group claim kills number 1 and 2. This means that the fight is entirely possible using a comp that a general 10 man guild will have access too.

It's unfortunate that you had guildies abandon your team to help another.