Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Aura mastery is ok, but most guilds (I've been in) overlook it as being a strong CD. It's usually the last CD to be used, or one that can be used as a back up.
    Guardian is a personal CD, not really considered to be raid wide. You don't hear Raid Leaders calling for it, or at least I don't :l

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    look at worldoflogs.com healing ranks for 25 heroic. 86.6~% is paladin
    I remember this a few weeks ago when it was all druids, sit down people and let us enjoy our healing before it is nerfed.

    You guys have to remember that we don't have any other HoT's or anything else to cover the raid while we are using our Holy radiance. Yes we can cast multiple holy radiance's in a row but that reduces our ability to heal the tank. While other classes have HoT's/Shields/AoEhealing abilities on the ground that tick during their AoE heals.

    Personally, I could not see Heroic Ultraxxion being done with the old Holy Radiance, and also some parts of the Madness of the Deathwing encounter.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmp View Post
    Raid healing does not mean you will only press Holy Radiance, but I feel I am getting trolled so I wont get into details on how to AoE heal as a Paladin.
    How are you being trolled? Holy Radiance is ending at around 65-70% of Paladin total healing if you add their mastery to it. So you press Light of Dawn too sometimes. The spell is simply too strong. It shouldn't heal everyone in the raid.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    it is a mana hog, plain-n-simple. And anyone honestly sacrificing the utility and diversity of other healers is in the wrong. My raid comp for our 10m is 2-3 healers and usually they are 1 holy pal, 1 resto sham and either 1 resto dru or 1 holy priest. I prefer the different raid cooldowns etc of 3 different class healers. Holy radiance is a front loaded direct heal on the target, and a small 3 sec, 3 tick hot on nearby targets which diminishes its effectiveness past the nearest w/in 6yds of the initial target. Its not THAT great. Holy pally's are still my preference for tank heals, but def not for raid healing if I have the option of taking resto dru / holy priest / resto shammy.
    Most fights in DS involve everybody being stacked at one point/phase. Holy desttroys other healing classes during these phases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanel View Post
    I remember this a few weeks ago when it was all druids, sit down people and let us enjoy our healing before it is nerfed.

    You guys have to remember that we don't have any other HoT's or anything else to cover the raid while we are using our Holy radiance. Yes we can cast multiple holy radiance's in a row but that reduces our ability to heal the tank. While other classes have HoT's/Shields/AoEhealing abilities on the ground that tick during their AoE heals.

    Personally, I could not see Heroic Ultraxxion being done with the old Holy Radiance, and also some parts of the Madness of the Deathwing encounter.
    Druids were nerfed for a reason. Also, Holy Paladins aren't being assigned to tank heal as of right now. You don't need to be tank healing if you are assigned to raid heal.

  6. #26
    I think I am missing your point? Care to elaborate?

  7. #27
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Holy Radiance is way too strong. My guild is starting to replace as many healers as possible with Holy pallys because right now they are the strongest tank healer AND raid healer. Does anyone else feel like it is the better version of Prayer of Healing?
    Personally, I actually think Shamans are the best single target tank healers right now.......just saying.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmp View Post
    I think I am missing your point? Care to elaborate?
    Go to 25 heroic
    [2. Trade] [Bloodspace]: Can someone tell me where UC graveyard is?
    [2. Trade] [Notbob]: You fight the elevator boss in UC, if you win, you get to the graveyard, if you lose, you get to the graveyard.

  9. #29
    Holy radiance took my healer spot! It goy my girlfriend pregnant and gave me irritable bowel syndrome!
    Come on, let's not exaggerate. Consider this:

    -According to a survey posted here, Paladins are a very popular (most popular?) class
    -That means that there are lots of Paladins (For example, there were 7-9 Paladins in my LFR last night)
    -That means that there are probably lots of Holy Paladins
    -LFR is new
    -LFR requires healers
    -Many of the healers in LFR will probably be Paladins
    -These healers need to keep everyone alive

    Holy Radiance is one of the key things making LFR possible. Once people get used to "casual/anonymous" raiding, then HR might get nerfed. I wouldn't expect significant changes until 5.0. Right now, there is only 1 LFR raid, and it has to be easy, especially because it's a new concept.

    If you can't wait that long and it bothers you that much, you might want to start learning how to use a weapon and a shield. And get some new clothes. Metal dresses offer much more protection. And you guys use way too many spells. You need to find the three you like and SPAM THE HELL OUT OF THEM. If I can't hear you beating on your keyboards, you're doing it wrong.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    Go to 25 heroic
    Resto druids have been topping meters from WotLK to T12, did that mean all guilds used 5 druids in raids?

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Druids were nerfed for a reason. Also, Holy Paladins aren't being assigned to tank heal as of right now. You don't need to be tank healing if you are assigned to raid heal.
    Paladins will always be assigned to tank heal in one way or another. For an example is Heroic Zonozz. This fight maybe AoE healing intensive but for the Main tank it is healing intensive for him as well during the First Phase. Having beacon on a tank will simply not be enough in this situation.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by mookspal View Post
    Personally, I actually think Shamans are the best single target tank healers right now.......just saying.
    I would have to disagree with that. The only o shit button they have is NS, and illuminated healing at least provides a minor damage buffer between casts.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    As a Holy Paladin, I agree. Holy Radiance should be nerfed into the ground as should all Healer AOE.

    T13 is a joke; it's a mindless AOE spam fest. They took all of the meaningful choices that we had away and left us with "spam your AOE spell or your raid will die".
    Pretty much this, in any stack oriented fight Radiance is going to win. However if it is not HR numbers will surely drop.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  14. #34
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanel View Post
    Paladins will always be assigned to tank heal in one way or another. For an example is Heroic Zonozz. This fight maybe AoE healing intensive but for the Main tank it is healing intensive for him as well during the First Phase. Having beacon on a tank will simply not be enough in this situation.
    "Always" - / laugh.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanel View Post
    Paladins will always be assigned to tank heal in one way or another. For an example is Heroic Zonozz. This fight maybe AoE healing intensive but for the Main tank it is healing intensive for him as well during the First Phase. Having beacon on a tank will simply not be enough in this situation.
    What is your point? When no AoE damage is going out, you heal the tank? That is what all raid healers do.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 04:14 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Pretty much this, in any stack oriented fight Radiance is going to win. However if it is not HR numbers will surely drop.
    I think you are stacked in every fight in DS.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Fmp View Post
    Raid healing does not mean you will only press Holy Radiance, but I feel I am getting trolled so I wont get into details on how to AoE heal as a Paladin.
    If you want to try joining in a discussion, then try replying to the person with some detail, instead of calling them a troll. This isn't the Paladin forum.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  17. #37
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    No... they aren't. Holy Pallys are being assigned to raid healing now because of how ridiculously strong Holy Radiance is. Therefore they only need to press that button. Just sayin'.
    If they aren't using Light of Dawn, they're idiots. Light of Dawn AoE heals for tons, costs no mana, and heals the tank for absolutely absurd amounts - higher than any of our single target non-crit heals - when beaconed.

    You simply cannot push Holy Radiance for the entire fight or you will OOM. Judge once a minute, Holy Shock on cooldown, Light of Dawn at 3 Holy Power, and Holy Radiance in all the gaps.

    The Paladin AoE rotation is boring, simple, and requires little skill, but it isn't "just one button".
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-12-21 at 09:22 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  18. #38
    Things to note:

    1) When facing tight DPS checks (and it doesn't get any better than Ultraxion), guilds will always be looking to cut healers, and they'll usually cut the ones least suited to the fight. This is a fact of life, if you can't accept it, stick to raid-finder.

    2) Holy Radiance is a mana hog, and it only really shines on Ultraxion where everyone's in range. Step away from 100% cluster, and its utility drops through the floor (at least they aren't tank healing and raid healing at the same time now)

    3) If your guild's replacing you outside of Ultraxion, maybe it's not because your Paladin is OP, but because everyone else in the heal core has just sucked so they're getting skewed perceptions?

    4) If you want a really screwed healer this tier, and on that fight specifically, it's Druids. Cutting them, you lose one tranquility (their burst healing capabilities near the end just aren't enough, outside of it). Atonement for the first half of the fight is pretty much required on heroic difficulty, just to even come close to the timer.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  19. #39
    Pallies are fine where they are. Holy radiance may heal for a lot, but it sure does suck up your mana pool.
    I can see shamans being the best healer by the end of xpac.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    What is your point? When no AoE damage is going out, you heal the tank? That is what all raid healers do.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 04:14 PM ----------

    I think you are stacked in every fight in DS.
    My point is that during that Phase in heroic there is a lot of AoE damage going out with dots on people with tank dipping down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •