Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Things to note:

1) When facing tight DPS checks (and it doesn't get any better than Ultraxion), guilds will always be looking to cut healers, and they'll usually cut the ones least suited to the fight. This is a fact of life, if you can't accept it, stick to raid-finder.

2) Holy Radiance is a mana hog, and it only really shines on Ultraxion where everyone's in range. Step away from 100% cluster, and its utility drops through the floor (at least they aren't tank healing and raid healing at the same time now)

3) If your guild's replacing you outside of Ultraxion, maybe it's not because your Paladin is OP, but because everyone else in the heal core has just sucked so they're getting skewed perceptions?

4) If you want a really screwed healer this tier, and on that fight specifically, it's Druids. Cutting them, you lose one tranquility (their burst healing capabilities near the end just aren't enough, outside of it). Atonement for the first half of the fight is pretty much required on heroic difficulty, just to even come close to the timer.
    What fight AREN'T you mostly stacked on? My holy pally has no mana problem using his mana cds correctly along with hymn of hopes from two shadow priests and two healing priests.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vanel View Post
    My point is that during that Phase in heroic there is a lot of AoE damage going out with dots on people with tank dipping down.
    They have the shaman assigned to tank healing and the holy paladin raid healing.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 04:44 PM ----------

The reason PoH was never changed to a smart heal was because it has too much "burst" aoe healing for that. Well... now we have Holy Radiance. It Heals unlimited people with a burst heal followed by a hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    Every top end guild is stacking holy paladins. Pretty sure the raid comps look something like, three Holy Pallies, one shaman, two disc or 1disc/1holy, and the holy can be replaced by a holy pally. I barely, BARELY stay ahead of my holy pallys because they are assigned to raid heal. Why should spamming ONE spell allow them to do more throughput than anyone else? It needs to be limited to a player cap. It can only heal 6 people at most.

And now the flat out lies come in! As someone who plays a holy paladin and a disc/holy priest, I can say they both have a place in a raid. Try raiding heroics without barrier or the crazy op divine hymn.

BTW, world first spine? three resto shamans! NERF NERF NERF!!!! THEY BE STACKING CLASSES!

And you are complaining about a class that you ALREADY BEAT ON HEALING/ABSORBS?

" I barely, BARELY stay ahead of my holy pallys because they are assigned to raid heal" Well shit, sounds like priests need a nerf1

What fight AREN'T you mostly stacked on? My holy pally has no mana problem using his mana cds correctly along with hymn of hopes from two shadow priests and two healing priests.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 04:36 PM ----------

They have the shaman assigned to tank healing and the holy paladin raid healing.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 04:44 PM ----------

The reason PoH was never changed to a smart heal was because it has too much "burst" aoe healing for that. Well... now we have Holy Radiance. It Heals unlimited people with a burst heal followed by a hot.
    The way my guild does it, we don't bring shamans to that fight mainly due to our strategy and how not bringing shamans makes phase 2 a lot easier the way we do it.

Yes Holy radiance may heal an unlimited amount of people just like healing rain or efflorescence or Holy word: sanctuary does on the ground. When you read the Holy radiance spell it says does the burst amount of healing to all targets within 10 yards of the target Holy Radiance is casted on but the healing is diminshed on any more then 6 targets. With the continuing healing from Holy radiance after the burst healing is just like the other effects that I named. yes it's spammable but so is Healing Rain. Efflorescence you can get on CD, having it up pretty much all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    " I barely, BARELY stay ahead of my holy pallys because they are assigned to raid heal" Well shit, sounds like priests need a nerf1
    When I have my throughput raid CD and they are barely behind me by spamming Holy Radiance/Light of Dawn... something is wrong.

Any priest that complains about being replace by paladins was obviously just a worse player then the paladin that replaced them. There is no reason to, as priests are incredible right now as well. All the healers are pretty damn good right now actually, this entire thread is about one person whining about getting replaced because they were bad?

With the continuing healing from Holy radiance after the burst healing is just like the other effects that I named. yes it's spammable but so is Healing Rain. Efflorescence you can get on CD, having it up pretty much all the time.
    You can't have multiple healing rains from the same shaman down at the same time.

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 04:57 PM ----------

Any priest that complains about being replace by paladins was obviously just a worse player then the paladin that replaced them. There is no reason to, as priests are incredible right now as well. All the healers are pretty damn good right now actually, this entire thread is about one person whining about getting replaced because they were bad?
    I never said I was replaced.

When I have my throughput raid CD and they are barely behind me by spamming Holy Radiance/Light of Dawn... something is wrong.
    Yet, you HAVE THAT CD. that would be like saying "I am only ahead of mr. x resto shaman because I use guardian of the ancient kings at smart times! If I did not have that, he would have beaten me!" I have that cd. I use it. You have divine hymn. You use it.

Seriously you sound like you just cannot stand being beaten on healing meters, which is ridiculous anyway as healing meters mean basically nothing anyway.

You can't have multiple healing rains from the same shaman down at the same time.

Right you can't have multiple healing rains down from the same shaman but you can lay it down constantly and make sure to have a 100% uptime on it, and while that is going on you can chain heal or whatever other heals you want.

So the people that are getting replaced were bad. All healing classes have a place right now, and if you are replacing people I hope its because the player is terrible, as all classes are viable healing right now.

You sound mad that someone is approaching you on the meters. Get over it, healing meters mean nothing.

Yet, you HAVE THAT CD. that would be like saying "I am only ahead of mr. x resto shaman because I use guardian of the ancient kings at smart times! If I did not have that, he would have beaten me!" I have that cd. I use it. You have divine hymn. You use it.

Seriously you sound like you just cannot stand being beaten on healing meters, which is ridiculous anyway as healing meters mean basically nothing anyway.
    I can't stand doing everything perfectly and having someone that spams Holy Radiance/LoD be right there with me. Specially when I use a CD that heals for 750-800k three times. Holy Radiance is simply too strong.
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2011-12-21 at 10:03 PM.

I can't stand doing everything perfectly and having someone that spams Holy Radiance/LoD be right there with me. Specially when I use a CD that heals for 750-800k three times.
    Yet I can beat my holy paladin in our alt raid often times at healing, as disc or holy. Perhaps it is YOU that is the problem, not your class.

You sound like you have a REALLY high opinion of yourself (I do everything perfectly!) show us some logs of you doing everything perfectly?

I can't stand doing everything perfectly and having someone that spams Holy Radiance/LoD be right there with me. Specially when I use a CD that heals for 750-800k three times. That heal is simply too strong.
    What about fights like Yor'shaj where if you have Green you have to spread out for it and Holy radiance is worthless and Divine Hymn and Tranquility become godlike heals? There are always situations that Holy Radiance will be better(if spammed obviously running out of mana if you are an idiot), and there are times where Divine Hymn and Tranquility will be a lot better.

What I assume you would like to point out is that there are more fights in Dragon Soul to be prefered to have Holy Radiance spammed then Divine Hymn or Tranquility prefered.

What about fights like Yor'shaj where if you have Green you have to spread out for it and Holy radiance is worthless and Divine Hymn and Tranquility become godlike heals? There are always situations that Holy Radiance will be better(if spammed obviously running out of mana if you are an idiot), and there are times where Divine Hymn and Tranquility will be a lot better.

What I assume you would like to point out is that there are more fights in Dragon Soul to be prefered to have Holy Radiance spammed then Divine Hymn or Tranquility prefered.
    What I would like to point out is that you are comparing a spammable spell to 3 minute RAID COOLDOWNS. Don't you see the problem with that?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by abb93 View Post
    If you ask me, the buff to HR is WAY too strong. Yes, I play a resto druid, and were usualy on top of healing done. Then the HR buff and WG nerf came and now I don't stand a chance against Holy Paladins when it comes to aoe healing, like on madness or Ultraxion (Basicaly any other boss where you have to stack up). Also, our pally just got his 4p T13, so now he's even stronger. If you ask me, HR should and probably will recieve a nerf in the comming weeks, it's way too good. He don't even have any mana issues when it almost feels like he is constantly using it, AND healing the tank.
    Ummm no, I think there are a few things here that need to be addressed. I play both hpalli and resto druid, I also have a priest I play quite regularly, and I just don't see it.
    I usually still top the charts on the druid, but I often find priest and paladins to be quite competative, but it depends on the fight.
    Have you considered that with new gear, it is possible to reach the next haste plateau? Yup, I checked out the breakpoints and I had enough to go for the next tick of wg, I also don't glyph it.
    I'm still using a 2set from last tier, as well as a 2set from current.
    I know right? I had a druid inspect me and lol today, right before I doubled his heals in 25man.
    I'm sure the math guys can tell me if I am right or wrong (god napkin math is the bane of my life), but the healing done says it's cool.
    Maybe you should try playing with your haste and having a look at your %'s ect of spell usage. A trip over to http://treecalcs.com/ couldn't hurt, as well as http://treebarkjacket.com/2010/11/08...or-druid-hots/
    If you check out breakpoints, I'm running the 6th tick of wg.
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2011-12-21 at 10:11 PM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

And you are beating the holy paladin on all fights but one? It looks to me like you guys are bringing one-two to many healers anyway, or your resto shaman and resto druid are just flat out awful and SHOULD be replaced.

And unless you are "Orphani" then you are not doing everything perfectly, as another priest is also beating you; should he be nerfed as well? I am not saying this to troll, but seriously, a PRIEST IS BEATING YOU AS A PRIEST and you come in and complain about paladins. It is completely asinine.

Your resto druid desperetly needs to skill up. His hps is so low that I thought he was moonkin off healing at first.

@vanel: He wont see that, he only cares that radiance healing beats him on one fight, he will not see that he has the tools to beat them every single fight

Yes, HR is a very good spell for AOE healing on specific fights. For all the people saying it needs to be nerfed, it has been, well at least the 4pc bonus has. Went from +20% to +5% healing to HR.

What I would like to point out is that you are comparing a spammable spell to 3 minute RAID COOLDOWNS. Don't you see the problem with that?

Radiance is a diamond tipped hand held chisel. Divine hymn is a JACKHAMMER! You have the tools to do the job, why are you bitching that other people also have tools?

I think people are just not used to seeing paladins raid heal, and its kind of silly to worry about what the other people are doing if the boss is dying. And it is even sillier to bitch about it when you are LEADING HEALING over the class you are bitching about.

Yes... our lack of Raid cooldowns, and please don't start with Aura mastery. We can spam the spell all we wan't, but I can assure you that all fights except for Ultraxxion with Blue buff, that if you spam this spell constantly you will go oom. There is no reason to constantly spam Holy Radiance during any other fight except for some parts of Zonzz and Yorshaj. Where and how you use holy Radiance can boost up your HPS by significant numbers way past Raid cooldowns. Raid cooldowns aren't meant to boost healer meters(obviously they do), but they are meant to help heal the raid during difficult parts of an encounter healing wise. When Raid cooldowns are used the usefulness of them are brought down due to other healers helping to spam heals during this difficult part of the encounter. You might be forgetting that.

You mean like Holy Priests were all t11 and early t12?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~