Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    From the things that you've written, it looks like you thrown yourself to her feet, while she's a bitch with attitude. You need to man-up, start to respect yourself and understand that one-sided relationships are bad. Self-pity and self-indulgence are bad for you, too.

Piece of advice - search for a technique called recapitulation. It'll help to relieve yourself of all negative memories, and you'll stop fixating on previous pains and mistakes.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/15639940/R...he-Toltec-Path
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-12-21 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    Why were you dating a Christian when you were not one yourself?
    High school sweetheart. Nobody in high school cares about that kind of crap, in my experience anyway. I got the hottest chick I could find, didn't care what her long term goals or religion were. Didn't matter back then.

Gosh. I'm sorry for the trouble, and I can already imagine what happened here. I have seen countless threads on these forums about relationships, and one always mentions "i met this girl via WoW." I think most of us already believe(believe being the keyword) that WoW girls cannot be trusted with relationships.

I had my share of experiences with one WoW girl, and the rest come from people who dated a girl from WoW.

I had a girlfriend 4 years ago who left me for her ex boyfriend who plays WoW. What was even worse and absurd was that the guy lived in another state. She literally broke my heart and left with that guy. Eventually "karma" got her and the guy actually beat the living shit out of her. (not saying she deserved it)

I knew this married couple, both very good players, but the wife of the guy left her husband for some player across the states.

Another woman had 6 kids left her husband, and went off with a 19 year old.

If it wasn't people leaving each other across the states, then it was people just cheating each other online. Horrible horrible stuff.

Find someone who doesn't play WoW, and your life will take a complete turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real cure is:

Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just cut off all communications with her and you'll be fine, time fixes everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    the same way you get over anything.

I know; helpful.

Keep reflecting on it until you're tired of thinking about it. Sometimes when ya feel guilty, you just wanna feel bad. That being said; you can't recover from something if you are not willing to make the effort.

For as long as you sit there and keep moping about it, it's going to be there. You're probably always going to be upset about it, but eventually, you should be able to let it go. Or rather, keep it at a safe distance.

Go out and meet new woman. Not to date but just take it as friends and whatever happens, happens. Used this for myself and after a month i was fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually dive myself into work, helps alot when you keep your mind busy from playing tricks of love on you.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shitty answer but: time.

Took years for me to get over my ex-wife.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Gosh. I'm sorry for the trouble, and I can already imagine what happened here. I have seen countless threads on these forums about relationships, and one always mentions "i met this girl via WoW." I think most of us already believe(believe being the keyword) that WoW girls cannot be trusted with relationships.

I had my share of experiences with one WoW girl, and the rest come from people who dated a girl from WoW.

I had a girlfriend 4 years ago who left me for her ex boyfriend who plays WoW. What was even worse and absurd was that the guy lived in another state. She literally broke my heart and left with that guy. Eventually "karma" got her and the guy actually beat the living shit out of her. (not saying she deserved it)

I knew this married couple, both very good players, but the wife of the guy left her husband for some player across the states.

Another woman had 6 kids left her husband, and went off with a 19 year old.

If it wasn't people leaving each other across the states, then it was people just cheating each other online. Horrible horrible stuff.

Find someone who doesn't play WoW, and your life will take a complete turn.
    been with my little baby now for about 2 years, i met her at krasus landing <3 no problems at all

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    been with my little baby now for about 2 years, i met her at krasus landing <3 no problems at all
    That's good. I put some words in bold so no one gets offended. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    dude after being with my gf for 3 years she just decided to be friends.....so if i can get over that you can get over her. My advice hang out with friends and do shit that wont remind you of her...if u like wow well...xfer or ignore or something not to see/talk to her....after a while u'll will be like "wtf did i see in her" ...granted in my case in the process i met my love of my life and soon to be my wife but trust me there are better people out there

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Keep yourself busy, always worked, always will work.
    Non-busy - sitting at home going over things in your mind. What could you have done different, what could she blabla and that is a pain.

This.

Also sounds close to my problem, bitches lie, make you feel paranoid. Then call you paranoid and are nasty to you. Then truth comes out and it actually was happening and you're like... "Oh thanks for making me think I was crazy... and wasting MY time." </3

Met my next qtpi at my very next job.

And my relationship was much longer, harder to get over, not fun when it involves CHILDREN. *sigh*

Life is.. life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noitatsurc View Post
    I'm unsure whether or not I'm posting this to vent a bit, or I am genuinely looking for an advice... but here it goes.

Recently I broke with my girlfriend, whom I've known for 2 years now. We've been together for 4 months, though. It's a girl I've met on WoW and frankly... one of the most beautiful beings I've ever seen. A fragile being, but one with attitude.
    During those 2 years and the four months we've been together I've gotten to love her... and I'm talking proper love here, not ''id do her'' type of love. Type of love that I was ready to monthly travel several times the 3000 kilometres dividing us. You would say that I was ready to move mountains in her name... literally.
    For her, though, I'm not sure what it was, and I will never know for certain.

There were issues, there are always issues. Sometimes I'd throw one or half an issue out there, just to let her know something might need to be looked at... doing it subtle, trying to be subtle and apply no pressure. Most of the times, she would get annoyed at that and eventually overreact somewhat.

Now, the reason for the breakup was that a lot of lies happened. She was lying about some things, things that I've gotten to know about, but not going to name. I knew she was like that, but was somewhat ready to look past that. Everytime I would doubt about something, she would rage at me and call me paranoid..., so I started believing that after a while, and was looking at myself for the mistakes - oh why am so paranoid damn it, and why am I causing so much drama? At the end, something surfaced that shouldn't have surfaced, and it appeared I was right about a lot of the things I had doubted before.

And that's how the break-up happened. One would argue that I'm probably providing a pretty one-sided story, and that might indeed be the case, but it is how I see it. I see my mistakes in all of that, I won't lie about it, I see a lot of mistakes on both sides.

As you know, the line between love and hate is really thin... so that's what happened. That's what happened to me. When we broke up... I snapped.
    That strong love I felt towards her, suddenly switched to hate. I said things, things that I regret... things that I was keeping away and looking over at.
    Every issue we ever had, issue that I would otherwise ignore or mention really subtly - went out... in an angry manner. Basically I spilled everything at her.

Now? I regret that. I told her some truths I should've saved her, because my love turned to hate... now that hate, turned to regret. (If you ever get into such situation, just keep it in, you will regret it otherwise. At the time I knew I would regret it, but ignored it.)

So, after all of this... I feel empty. I'm unsure, well, possibly pretty certain - me and her won't be able to even stay friends after all of that.
    I'm unsure what to do, the heartache is just too much to handle. She was a person I was thinking about a lot. I would spend a lot of time talking with her, and just being around. Now, all of that is gone... and there is emptiness left in its place.

Saying sorry? It's not that simple. I blame her for a lot, and so does she. So saying sorry... it's not that simple, and it wont solve anything.
    Trying to talk with her... usually gets either of us, or both annoyed and it feels even worse.
    Nowadays I find myself feeling totally normal, but then suddenly I see or hear something that would totally tip me off, because it reminds me of her and how it was, so I get pretty upset, and need to ... hide somewhere in order to calm myself down.

Now that the ranting is over, please, let me know - how to un-break my heart and move on? I simply can't find a way.

p.s.
    Alcohol helps... but just for the day.
    Also thank you if you've read this through.
    Spending some time with me will un break your heart. How about I pick you up in my mech at around 8? Where do you live, so i know whether or not to have my dropship fueled and on standby?

Deleted
    “The best way to get over someone is to get on top of someone else”

Cynical, but true story. Dont punish yourself by being sad. Relish your freedom to get other women and go for it.
    Nothing says victory like new vajayjay.

But don't bring up the part with meeting your last girlfriend in world of warcraft when you talk to girls from the scary real world

Deleted
    Yesterday when I posted I wasn't even expecting even 1/4 of the advices you gave me. Now... I simply have no words.

Just thank you, really, thank you!

I've been in exactly the same situation, just another story, I'm not going to post all the crap that happened, but believe me when I say this. No matter how dark things look, it WILL pass, but it takes time. A lot of it. When I was in that situation, I tried to kill myself two times. Luckily I failed. I'm still not all over what happened with me and my ex girlfriend, and what I did to her (I will most likely never ever get all over what I did to her. If you wonder what it was, I screwed up hard, without thinking).

But I had exactly the same feelings that you describe. I loved her. Loved her with all my hearth. I would choose her over my own family without even thinking about it.
    We had been together for 2 years and 2 days. But believe me when I say this bro, it will pass. It will take time. But it will pass.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just listen to some Dashboard Confessional. That guy knows what's up.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    Spending some time with me will un break your heart. How about I pick you up in my mech at around 8? Where do you live, so i know whether or not to have my dropship fueled and on standby?
    Dude come get me too. I'll bring the beer. I've always wanted to drive a mech.

A certain Frank Zappa song comes to mind.