MR.Robot and Unholy DKs

Wanted to know how reliable is AskMrRobot when it comes to unholy DKs considering the haste caps. Does it take them in consideration, like he won't make you go over X amount of haste? Just wondering since I've been leveling my DK and she is about to hit 85 and wanted to know If I could rely on that website when it comes to reforges and gemming.

It was just updated today. Looks pretty awesome to me.

It doesn't. It just applies a straight stat weight, and adjusts the reforging to give you the highest number based on what you told the application your stats were worth.

If you really want to break down your stat values, you'll have to do some simcrafting with various levels of haste, and plot out on a graph its effectiveness at various levels. Basically, something AMR won't do :P It's still a pretty helpful tool if you already know your EP values for your stats, and want to set up reforging/gem bonuses around the exp/hit minimums.

Isn't there just a theoretical haste cap for unholy DKs which is around ~2600 haste,
    but in practice you have to see for yourself when you are no more resource but cooldown capped?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar View Post
    Isn't there just a theoretical haste cap for unholy DKs which is around ~2600 haste,
    but in practice you have to see for yourself when you are no more resource but cooldown capped?
    I think it's lower than that, but I'm not really excited to go searching EJ for the OP :P It's not even so much a cap, as just the point where another stat takes over. Haste over that point will still be worth a good amount, but if you're working that 1% dps increase angle, you'd want to switch reforging after that.

There are graphs on EJ on some of the recent pages for unholy and frost showing that I believe, I'd check out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    If you really want to break down your stat values, you'll have to do some simcrafting with various levels of haste, and plot out on a graph its effectiveness at various levels. Basically, something AMR won't do :P
    This is NOT true. For Blood at least, it calculates dimishing returns such that it tells you at times to gem pure Mastery in a red socket that would usually have Parry/Mastery in (and would be better due to the socket bonus).

The same applies to Haste and other competing stats for similar specs.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Thanks everyone for the replies. Guess I'll have to check on EJ for the haste "cap" and once I get close to it, if I ever do :P, then iI'll check and see if Firebert was right or not at that point.

Haste cap of 2600 you'd have be preeeeety damn well geared to hit anyways. Im at 385 in my unholy OS and have about 2k so roughly 3/4 of the way to that cap. I haven't looked at DS dps gear too much but I can't imagine 15 total ilvls (400 avg equipped) giving too much more than an additional 600 haste. Dont take my word on that though since like I said i haven't looked at DS dps gear too much.

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

The "soft cap" of haste is the point of where your dps gains more benefit from another stat. From the various forum posts I have read, it's 2200-2300 Haste, atleast for Frost. I am going to assume and vaguely recall Unholy following that same guideline. Honest at 2209 Haste currently, I feel that I'm very close to GCD capping and will no longer look for more haste gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    This is NOT true. For Blood at least, it calculates dimishing returns such that it tells you at times to gem pure Mastery in a red socket that would usually have Parry/Mastery in (and would be better due to the socket bonus).

The same applies to Haste and other competing stats for similar specs.
    But if the pure mastery would be better for you based on DR then it's telling you correctly? I don't get it. If that 20 mastery > 20 parry (due to DR) + socket bonus then it would be correct.

Of course you could always post that on the AMR threads and ask why that is if you think it's wrong so they can either fix it, or tell you why.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

not to hijack this thread but for frost, mrrobot doesn't seem to be requiring hit or expertise caps using default stat weights. is there a way to fix this?

Their blog says that the expertise issue at the moment is a bug, they're trying to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rouncer View Post
    Also, what the hell is up with our last tier? It's basically pigeon holing us into elemental harmony because of the dps potential of having fire elemental + searing + magma out at once but that's also the last thing I want to have to have out at the same time because it's like babysitting a room full of retarded 5 year olds. Sure, they are cute in their little helmets but you know that you will have to run all over the place trying to keep them from making a mess and/or hurting themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    But if the pure mastery would be better for you based on DR then it's telling you correctly? I don't get it. If that 20 mastery > 20 parry (due to DR) + socket bonus then it would be correct.

Of course you could always post that on the AMR threads and ask why that is if you think it's wrong so they can either fix it, or tell you why.
    As you change gear, your Parry, Dodge and Mastery vary. At some points, the amount of Parry you have is diminished enough that it'd be a better use of stats to take Mastery/Mastery over Parry/Mastery in some sockets.

I asked why sometimes they don't follow their own stat weights, and they replied that they took diminishing returns into account for our secondary stats.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    not to hijack this thread but for frost, mrrobot doesn't seem to be requiring hit or expertise caps using default stat weights. is there a way to fix this?
    Modify the default stat weights such that the cap is slightly higher and overcapping hit/expertise isn't zero if possible.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr.Robot is awesome for the most part. You got to be careful though because if you blindly follow its suggestions, you might find yourself just below the hit cap. which for unholy DKs is very bad since timmy (our ghoul) rounds down on percentages on combat ratings like if you have 7.99% hit rating timmy only gets 7%. Mr.Robot gave me those bad suggestions a couple of times.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

I think they fixed the hit/exp cap stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    Mr.Robot is awesome for the most part. You got to be careful though because if you blindly follow its suggestions, you might find yourself just below the hit cap. which for unholy DKs is very bad since timmy (our ghoul) rounds down on percentages on combat ratings like if you have 7.99% hit rating timmy only gets 7%. Mr.Robot gave me those bad suggestions a couple of times.
    Your ghoul doesn't downscale anymore.