Thread: [Movies] TinTin

10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] TinTin

So I was a HUGE fan of these comics as a kid. They always had such a huge sense of adventure and the odd thing about it was they were not very violent. I'm curious if anyone has seen the movie and can give me a review.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never read any of the comics, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I would say it's a wonderful mix of adventure, mystery, action, and humour. It's a family friendly mix of "Indiana Jones" and the "Hardy Boys".

Of course, I can't say how true to the source material the movie is. Someone else will have to help out, in that regard.

I absolutely agree with poster above. Personally I think the movie was a tiny bit low on mystery, but it was a truly great movie with an "indiana jones"-feel. It's also the first movie I've seen in 3D and been happy about them making it in 3D, it was really well done and fit good in. From what I've heard it differs quite a bit from the comics and is made up of parts from several stories, but I watched it with another fan like you and he enjoyed it a lot. Apparently there's several "easter eggs" for fans to discover from the comics. I heartily recommend watching it.
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    So I was a HUGE fan of these comics as a kid. They always had such a huge sense of adventure and the odd thing about it was they were not very violent. I'm curious if anyone has seen the movie and can give me a review.
    The albums have a huge violent level. But it is only a small fraction of the panels who have violence in them. Read a early album like the "broken ear" and see if you still think Tintin is not very violent....

But compeer to a modern comic there is no "entertainment violence" in Tintin but the violence is where only to progress the story.

Deleted
    The film was fantastic. I'd easily stick it up as the best film of 2011.

This movie is an amazing work of art. The motion capture was BRILLIANTLY used. Much better than those retarded christmas carol/beowulf/polar express stuff. This looked so good! And it was funny, lighthearted, had great action sequences, absolutely amazing!!! I would recommend this movie to ANYONE in 3D if possible (I saw it in 3D and in 2D). Go see it you will not be disappointed.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the start was pretty boring.
    Those about 45 minutes and on it was entertaining.
    I enjoyed it.

Love the comics, love the film (the best film of 2011, imo)!