Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any Rogue with phase 2 daggers, yet? (thread as of pre-week 4)

Just curious if anyone has seen any Rogue with Phase 2 daggers. Clearly from a 25m guild, and assuming the Rogue collected off all 25m DS kills (24 thus far). Luck would defiantly play a big factor, as he/she would need roughly 14 shadowy gems off each boss.

I know its highly unlikely... but,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s

THERE IS A CHANCE!

I would think it's very unlikely considering the drop chance in 25 man; we dropped hc Morchok last night and he gave 1 cluster containing 3 gems. Pitiful.
    Last week was the same story on many of the bosses, it's almost as if Bliz have nerfed the droprate on 25 man to bring it in line with 10 man forgetting of course that in 25 man there are often more than 1 rogue... gg

Deleted
    1-> would have to have "pickpocketed" on wednesday without getign saved then the actualy raid did thursday (after quests so had stage 1) then he would get a normal mode clear -> and then the folowing weeks of heroics.

chances are in a guild thats 25 heroic decently through that said rogue did not make the raid wait until wednesday so missed out on 4+ boss kills on that first wednesday so posibbly only had 1-2 boss kils worth of gems from week 1.

Most hc guilds did in fact delay the raid by 1 day for extra shards, it takes 1 day to clear normal anyway. What surprises me is that we don't have rogues with stage 2 in guilds like Exodus who server and factioned changed to kill ther 6/8 heroic bosses more than 2 times.

If we take http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...unnel/advanced for example, he has been in for 27 boss kills in DS(both normal and heroic), which with 2 clusters per boss and 6 gems from cluster on average should bring him very close to the needed amount. With rng in play he may be higher or lower but still should get his stage 2 when they clear the 2 bosses they havent killed this reset - spine and madness, putting him 1 reset ahead on stage 3 progress.
    Last edited by n0point; 2011-12-19 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typos
    Don't try to argue with idiots. It will bring you down to their level, where they will crush you with their experience.
    Razzoc of Kill Loot Repeat, Sylvanas EU, Mac-How

Quote Originally Posted by n0point View Post
    Most hc guilds did in fact delay the raid by 1 day for extra shards, it takes 1 day to clear normal anyway. What surprises me is that we don't have rogues with stage 2 in guilds like Exodus who server and factioned changed to kill ther 6/8 heroic bosses more than 2 times.

If we take http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...unnel/advanced for example, he has been in for 27 boss kills in DS(both normal and heroic), which with 2 clusters per boss and 6 gems from cluster on average should bring him very close to the needed amount. With rng in play he may be higher or lower but still should get his stage 2 when they clear the 2 bosses they havent killed this reset - spine and madness, putting him 1 reset ahead on stage 3 progress.
    I did not consider realm transferring, sounds crazy. I've heard people asking on forums if you lose all your shadowy gems upon transferring, but is this true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0point View Post
    Faction and race changes will reset all quests, so that would be rather pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    Faction and race changes will reset all quests, so that would be rather pointless.
    Only Faction Changes cause the loss of Quest items. Race changing does not. I did a race change back to belf from my goblin the other day after contacting a GM to make 100% sure i wouldn't /would loose the quest items told me yes i would loose them all. Risked it anyway and still got to keep my Shadowy gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    Only Faction Changes cause the loss of Quest items. Race changing does not. I did a race change back to belf from my goblin the other day after contacting a GM to make 100% sure i wouldn't /would loose the quest items told me yes i would loose them all. Risked it anyway and still got to keep my Shadowy gems.
    Race change does, thank you very much. That's how I lost my Dartol's Rod of Transformation and it was impossible to get back. Unless they have been so very kind and changed this fact within two or three months.

Damn you, Blizzard! *raise fist*

Question: I haven't gotten any Shadowy Gems yet, are they classed as a Quest Item or just a simple epic?
    Last edited by Kheirn; 2011-12-20 at 12:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoskadosk View Post
    Question: I haven't gotten any Shadowy Gems yet, are they classed as a Quest Item or just a simple epic?
    Quest item, Shadowy Gem

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    Quest item, Shadowy Gem
    They're not in the way you (apparently) think they are. Look at Vial of Black Dragonsblood for an example of what a quest item looks like. Shadowy Gems and Gem Clusters are items that drop when you're on a specific quest, and are required for completion, but are not quest items in the traditional sense.

For all intents and purposes, they're just another item in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadessia View Post
    tbh I would be happy if they nerfed the drop rate to be the same for 10 and 25, would mean there would be less rogues with it and it wouldn't end up like with the staff, everyone and their mother got one..
    This wont happen because every stage of the quest requires the same item. The reason so many staffs got done is because people could 'roll' through the quest stages at the same time. For daggers, Stage 2 and stage 3 require the same item. So, unlike the staff, 2 people cannot do a stage at once.

edit: should be 2 weeks for my stage2 - I didn't cheese the first week and only got ONE cluster (from 25m madness no less).
    Last edited by Moxi; 2011-12-20 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RemJay24 View Post
    Quest item, Shadowy Gem
    Not true. You might want to reread that page.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathal View Post
    Not true. You might want to reread that page.
    Perhaps I'm incorrect, could you at least fill us in then, as to what Shadowy Gems are considered?

Exactly as described on that web page. The item type is a Simple Gem, a distinctly different subset than Quest Items are. Just because an item is used in a quest, doesn't mean the game calls it a quest item (from a mechanical standpoint).

10+ Year Old Account
    If the gems/clusters were considered a quest item, you'd lose all leftover clusters after completing the 2nd phase. Currently I've not seen any evidence of this happening, thus the items aren't classified strictly as 'quest item' but rather a rogue only item, although you do need the quest to be able to "see"/loot the said items.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our rogue will be finishing stage 1 and obtaining stage 2 on Monday when we kill Deathwing. He's been averaging 85 gems per week (which is terrible luck). So it seems like the normal will be 3 full clears + a few bosses and a DW kill.

Problem is, they need to remove the chance for 1 cluster to drop in 25 man. It's completely absurd. We have 4 rogues in GC, we'll be extremely fortunate to see 4 sets of daggers before MoP.

Blizzard really shit the bed with legendary progression times with the release of Tarecgosa. I'd really hope for a buff/fix to the drop rate sometime in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxis86 View Post
    Problem is, they need to remove the chance for 1 cluster to drop in 25 man.
    Seriously frustrating. I've gotten 3x 1 gem drops in 25 man, and 1x 3 gem drop. Also below average on gem counter per cluster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxi View Post
    Seriously frustrating. I've gotten 3x 1 gem drops in 25 man, and 1x 3 gem drop. Also below average on gem counter per cluster.
    and how many shadowy gems do you have now? (and after killing how many bosses?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avell View Post
    and how many shadowy gems do you have now? (and after killing how many bosses?)
    I've about 170 in 10man with 3 full raid clears. I've been a bit lucky so far. I've only started to obtain my first gens after ultraxion on the first week. I think that the current method with RNG cluster drop by blizzard is by far the better. Having many legendary staffs in the same 25man raid team doesn't make it epic, and the race winner is always who got the most staffs on the team, and that shouldn't be the way to play this game.

It makes sense 25man getting first the leggendary but not like the Taregosa staff where 1 month before 4.3 patch 10man were getting the first leggendary and 25man had already 4 or more leggendaries. 25man get first the leggendary but 10man should get first the leggendary then the 2nd rogue on 25man. That balance more the guilds legendaries.

omg how do you have 170 in 10 man. I'm at 98 in 10 man