Thread: Companions

10+ Year Old Account

Companions

I've had two experiences with companions so far. Khem Val and Mako. Heres some feedback about both.

Mako: I played a BH during the course of the beta and Mako is pretty crappy for a starting BH companion IMO. She seems to frown on every little negative thing I do. In the end I felt really annoyed by her presence and as soon as I got the Devaronian (can't remember his name it was the last day of the beta) I dropped her like a hot potato.

Khem Val: Khem Val is fucking awesome. I'm sorry, hes a PERFECT fit for an SI. He approves of me shocking the crap out of people and then demands that I heal him. His character seems so exotic in many ways, and I like finding out tid bits about his story. The SI story so far has been kinda bland for me but I stick around for lightening and Khem Val.

Share some of your experience with companions. I'd like to know who else is a fairly interesting companion to get.

Khem Val: I like him a lot because just about every choice/decision I make gains his approval, even when I go light-side. So it's like questing with someone who agrees with me on everything. He does have a tendency to get a bit whiny about being my slave though, but I'm hoping that'll be done when I finish his companion questline and eventually get the option to just set him free.

Andronikos Revel: I haven't quested with him too much, but the few quests I've had him out, he seems a bit bland compared to Khem. I'd make dialogue choices and he'd barely respond at all.

Qyzen Fess (beta): A little bit irritating with his focus on his Scorekeeper and disapproval when I let people live. He fits a LS consular fairly well though.

Vette (beta): Right from her introduction, she was hilarious and made me laugh. Very lively companion. I played a mostly DS Sith Warrior through the early levels, and my decisions didn't seem to conflict too much with her.

Curious if Mako is more bearable for a light-side Bounty Hunter? I was thinking of rolling one.

Deleted
    My viewpoint (yes, MINE, please don't bash me because your opinion of them happens to be totally different) on the Trooper companions so far:

Aric Jorgan: Bitchy (s)catman who likes duty and serving the Republic. Is supposed to be fine with hopping over "needless" regulations and trampling over civilians rights if they interfere with the mission, but seems to get butthurt when doing so nevertheless.

Elara Dorne: First impression was awesome, Imperial defector with a borderline sociopathic interest in RULES AND REGULATIONS. Turned out she also would prefer me to go boyscout on every damn civilian in distress I meet, which dissapointed me.

M1-4X: Republic propaganda spewing machine/war droid extraordinaire. Serious hilarity every time this buddy takes part in any dialogue. That damn scene where I'm asking dirt-poor commoners for compensation for saving their lives, and this guy does a speech about the "importance of civilian donations in Republic war for freedom", quality humour. (Too bad he kinda sucks gameplay-wise unless you are a Cybertech, but he's too much fun compared to the alternatives to dump for now)

Quote Originally Posted by CorporalJigsore View Post

Aric Jorgan: Bitchy (s)catman
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Curious if Mako is more bearable for a light-side Bounty Hunter? I was thinking of rolling one.
    Mako loves my LS choices... I'm very glad (as opposed to the OP) that not all the Empire starting companions are DS...

Now, if I hadn't happened to have chosen DS for my Sorcerer, and LS for my Powertech, I may not be as happy, but holy crapple, it worked out well : )

-Alamar

10+ Year Old Account
    Vette: She's a good character and companion, but the constant -30 affection loss annoyed me so much, if there were a way to turn her darker so she would like my Dark decisions more, I would. As soon as I completed Act I, I picked up Jaesa and haven't looked back because she loves the Dark decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Vette: She's a good character and companion, but the constant -30 affection loss annoyed me so much, if there were a way to turn her darker so she would like my Dark decisions more, I would. As soon as I completed Act I, I picked up Jaesa and haven't looked back because she loves the Dark decisions.
    I think someon said you could turn her to the dark side .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wvx View Post
    I think someon said you could turn her to the dark side .
    Hm.. I need to find out about this!

I'm surprised there isn't more Vette hate in here. It's all I see in chat and I'm beginning to think it's hipster attitude.

Vette-
    I think she rocks. She's cute, funny, entertaining and hell of a DPS.
    Quinn-
    He's super badass when he get's all his heals rolling. I can fight champions my level with him out.
    Jaesa-
    Really cool companion. She likes absolutely anything you choose and super flirty.

Not sure if I've missed it or just haven't gotten to the quest line yet, but I'm a lvl 9 Sith warrior and I haven't gotten the quest to get my first companion, Vette. Have I missed something or do I just need to wait a little longer?

"Moon is sheep. Let it be written." -Bashiok

Quote Originally Posted by W1zarD330 View Post
    Not sure if I've missed it or just haven't gotten to the quest line yet, but I'm a lvl 9 Sith warrior and I haven't gotten the quest to get my first companion, Vette. Have I missed something or do I just need to wait a little longer?
    Just keep doing your class questline, you'll get her.

As an imperial agent, I use Kaliyo. I like that she gains affection from my being a smartass, but she's pretty neutral so you can choose light or dark and gain affection sometimes with either. She seems like a complex character and it's interesting that I've noticed she sort of hates the empire and the sith. Someone yelled at me for going Empire because I was a "dirty sith", but my character and I have a history of being anti-sith even as we're forced to sometimes do their bidding. I did a quest on Tatooine where a sith lord died, and I was extremely harsh to him as he was breathing his last words. I like that this game allows for you to be a citizen of the Empire and part of the empire without being an actual evil person.

SI class quests are boring???

SI

Khem val is a good tank but being a solo leveling healer, it takes longer for mobs to die with him

I like Andronikos, high damage plus AOE. He can't take a hit though

Haven't tried the SI droid yet because I'm also a healer.

Ashara is another high dps that I like, plus I can give her my force user loot that I don't use

Haven't gotten to the Khaleesh apprentice yet
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US