fellow fire slingers

so i have just hit a road block...

updated RAWR and according to it if i "optimize" to its specs i LOSE dps....

has anyone else had this problem? and do any of you see any problems i may be missing.

can't post links so Frostez-Rexxar-US

ty for the help

I have changed to using an in-game addon called Reforge Lite and so far so good. Rawr and AMR (Ask Mr Robot) seem to give me the same issue as you have mentioned. Its purely a reforging tool and does not list BiS item lists etc like the others do but its great none the less.
    Last edited by Kavorka; 2011-12-22 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by demcans View Post
    updated RAWR and according to it if i "optimize" to its specs i LOSE dps....
    That occurs when you already have maximum possible output for your gear and optimizing without options that could grant DPS gain. In this case, Rawr just messes around with your gemming/reforging a bit, which may result into DPS loss. Long story short, if Optimize displays a DPS loss, your character is perfect within given options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor11 View Post
    I have changed to using an in-game addon called Reforge Lite and so far so good. Rawr and AMR (Ask Mr Robot) seem to give me the same issue as you have mentioned. Its purely a reforging tool and does not list BiS item lists etc like the others do but its great none the less.
    Yep, a random reforging addon is definitely the way to go.

Considering that "random reforging addon" gives the same results as rawr assuming matching gems and enchants, it's completely viable. I use both in tandem, because rawr tends to screw up my haste rating unless I put in hard limits for it. Last time I optimized without haste rating constraints it wanted to give me 2600 haste.

Use Rawr to see if something is an overall upgrade, then run ReforgeLite set to your haste cap, and you'll get comparable results.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor11 View Post
    I think you don't grasp what AMR and Rawr do.

YOU enter YOUR simmed stat weights, it does math. Math can't be wrong, 1+1 = 2 is not an opinion.

You're letting those tools pre-entered stat weights screw you up, you can't be lazy, you need to find your stat weights and tell those tools what you need, tell it your caps, tell it your breakpoints, ect.

I'm starting to think that people on MMO-Champion think that math is a magical construct, because you'll shoot down 1 mathematics tool then boast a different one in it's place, when they both add fucking numbers together.

There's one large flaw in your argument: ReforgeLite's stat weighting is completely adjustable and allows for setting haste caps, minimums, etc. My ReforgeLite is set to weight Mastery at 0, Crit at 140 and Haste at 150, with a condition that above 2005 haste, weight it to 0. I get within 3 rating points on hit and haste, and never below on either, every time.