Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hagara HM Bugged?

Hi, my guild is attempting Hagara HM right now on 10 man. For some reason, shattered ice is hitting some of our players for 170k to 250k with cooldowns up and no stacks of the ice lance debuff. Anyone else experiencing this?

Deleted
    Only with several stacks of the icelance debuff, never without.

But how many stacks would one have to have to get hit for 257k? Seems like it would be 15+ and taking ice lance that high is unhealable. Seems like a bug to me.

Quote Originally Posted by natijs4 View Post
    Hi, my guild is attempting Hagara HM right now on 10 man. For some reason, shattered ice is hitting some of our players for 170k to 250k with cooldowns up and no stacks of the ice lance debuff. Anyone else experiencing this?
    One of the 10-man guilds on our server reported seeing this issue too. They said it stopped happening to them this week; got their first time kill.

Not a bug, our shaman was getting hit for ~180k after ~6-7 stacks. Easier to just swap every 4

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    Not a bug, our shaman was getting hit for ~180k after ~6-7 stacks. Easier to just swap every 4
    Read my post. Our boomkin got hit for 170k with barkskin up and 0 stacks.

I call BS on 0 stacks. It definitely is buggy and hits for 150k-180k with 2-4 stacks, but I've never seen anyone hit remotely hard without stacks.

Anyways, grounding totem the ones you can, and trade the ice lances at 3. Typically we never see more than 1 person get 1 shot over the entire fight if any, so we can always just res them if you do frost/lightning correctly.

Bug wise, this fight is just irritating. HF, I know we did not.

our druid just died with 0 stacks. It was the very first shattered ice cast in the encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bug, read Ice Lance and then ask yourself if your raid is doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It's not a bug, read Ice Lance and then ask yourself if your raid is doing something wrong.
    Read my post. I'm looking at our logs now. People have 0 stacks and are getting hit for over 170k. I clearly have read Ice Lance as in my initial post, I talked about Ice Lance stacks debuff.

With 1 stack our priest got hit for 190k so I guess it's a bit bugged... (1 STACK, yes.)

Question. Shattered Ice is and instant cast on a random target. For what reason would your boomkin have barkskin up if he wasn't getting hit by Ice Lances?

Deleted
    It can oneshot priests without them having any stacks

Well the base damage is 150k so yes it can 1 shot people. Thing is any form of resistance is enough to drop it down to manageable levels. We've never seen anyone get hit for over 100k at 0 stacks.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a shaman? Grounding totem ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    our druid just died with 0 stacks. It was the very first shattered ice cast in the encounter.
    Expanding on this, we had about 3 people get 1 shot tonight at sub 3 stacks, all for well over 190k damage (I think the druid got hit for 200k with 0 stacks).

Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    Do you have a shaman? Grounding totem ftw.
    wanna take bets how long it will last? Valiona grounding was fixed the same week it became well known

Deleted
    As long as it last, the spell (grounding totem) it's doing what it's supposed to do and it should be used. Although hagara already got his share of hotfixes, it seems strange to leave this one out if it's not intended. Anyways, at least in 10 man you usually won't have that many shamans to completely pass over the mechanic... If it were for class abilities making mechanics far easier, the first one to get the shaft here will be the hunters and its aspect of the pack. Now that's OP here.

OT never saw this. Sometimes one of our raiders claimed to have no stacks and still got oneshot, but a log check always probed otherwise.

Deleted
    >> Grounding totem ftw.
    > Valiona grounding was fixed the same week it became well known

The BIG difference between valiona's blackout and ice lances is that blackout was a ONE-hit damage for all the raid, so the grounding totem would remove everything for everyone.

Using grounding totem here will remove ONE single hit of ONE ice lance. THus it's not overpowered, compared to blackout removal, and won't be "fixed".

TLR : using grounding totem on hagara is a good thing, as it might help soak part of the damage. It's not über powerful but it's there to be used !

not only 50+50=100, but 1+1+1+1+1...=100. Every part of the raid, as small as it is works and counts toward the desired objective

Question for Grounding Totem, will it always grab the Shattered Ice at any time or it can absorb a ice lance and be a waste?