Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Most profitable profession? Raiding.
    Selling achievements(like glory of the xx) and mounts to people who would like to buy it. And there are many of them.
    200k per 2-3 hour run, 500k per week if you have 2-3 geared alts or if you can play buyer's character yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    The best way to make gold that i was able to come up with in cataclsym involves having Enchanting, Blacksmithing, Mining. Basically farm your own ore to craft
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=76286 and DE it. The heavenly shard will usually almost always end up being more profitable then the item, with the chance of you getting more than one especially with guild perk. Just buying the mats and DE'ing is also very profitable with one shard basically covering cost of mats and any DE procs being pure profit.

The key is the heavenly shards will be sold almost instantly so you can do this all day and make gold cap very fast like i did

Benefit is that it doesnt get boring since you are constantly seeing your items selling and realize you cant even keep up with demand, so your motivated to farm harder better faster stronger.
    Did you really gold cap with this method? I want to do it, buy by buying the mats.

always has been, and will be mining/herbalism.

Anything else requires you to waste time finding customers, and crafting stuff. While you could simply dump everything on the AH and be done with it.

JC/Ench/BS
    but you need to have some miner to have max profit

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    always has been, and will be mining/herbalism.

Anything else requires you to waste time finding customers, and crafting stuff. While you could simply dump everything on the AH and be done with it.
    Alternatively, as a gatherer, you have to waste time gathering ore/herbs whereas I have a cheap supplier and turn the ore (47g a stack) into roughly 160g a stack in terms of sales all in the same time you took to farm a second stack.

I'd definitely say JC/Enchanting
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

15+ Year Old Account
    My income comes from the following combination of characters:

Paladin with Enchanting
    Warrior with Blacksmithing & Mining (and Master flying for speed gathering)
    Warlock with Jewelcrafting
    Druid with Alchemy & Herbalism (and Master flying for speed gathering)

One to two hours of Ore/Herb farming usually brings in anywhere from 10-15k.
    Ore gets prospected, blue gems get cut and sold.
    Herbs (Heartblossom especially) get transmuted with green gems to make more blue gems that get cut and sold.
    Every non-epic BoE gets sent to my paladin for Disenchanting. Maelstroms get shattered and sold. If I have a lot of Essences I make a few vellum and sell them for serious bank.
    If the market isn't flooded with Ebonsteel Belt Buckles they are worth making, but you'll probably make more from gems unless you're on a dead server.

With minimal effort (and I do mean minimal... I'm lazy as hell) I pull in 25-30k a week without really trying. I'm fortunate enough to have an unsupervised 3rd shift job so I can farm ore/herbs while making IRL bucks.

TheUndermineJournal.com is a great resource for determining what's most profitable based on your server's demand and availability.

JC, Enchanting, and Alchemy. I make a lot of gold with these.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiphage View Post
    My income comes from the following combination of characters:

Paladin with Enchanting
    Warrior with Blacksmithing & Mining (and Master flying for speed gathering)
    Warlock with Jewelcrafting
    Druid with Alchemy & Herbalism (and Master flying for speed gathering)

One to two hours of Ore/Herb farming usually brings in anywhere from 10-15k.
    Ore gets prospected, blue gems get cut and sold.
    Herbs (Heartblossom especially) get transmuted with green gems to make more blue gems that get cut and sold.
    Every non-epic BoE gets sent to my paladin for Disenchanting. Maelstroms get shattered and sold. If I have a lot of Essences I make a few vellum and sell them for serious bank.
    If the market isn't flooded with Ebonsteel Belt Buckles they are worth making, but you'll probably make more from gems unless you're on a dead server.

With minimal effort (and I do mean minimal... I'm lazy as hell) I pull in 25-30k a week without really trying. I'm fortunate enough to have an unsupervised 3rd shift job so I can farm ore/herbs while making IRL bucks.

TheUndermineJournal.com is a great resource for determining what's most profitable based on your server's demand and availability.
    So 2 hours per day farming is minimal effort for you? lol so you are playing lets say 5-6 h per day?
    But all that you are doing is the perfect way for farming and doing money - I was doing the same when I have more time for it before!
    Last edited by cleverkiril; 2011-12-29 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    JC/Enchanting will make you rich!
    These 2 by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavlet View Post
    Did you really gold cap with this method? I want to do it, buy by buying the mats.
    On my server the raw mats to make http://www.wowhead.com/spell=76286 are worth more than the shard it de's to ...