Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When to replace Moonwell Chalice as Demo?

Hey guys,

I was wondering when I can replace Moonwell Chalice exactly and start using Meta on cooldown and stop pet swapping. I currently use Darkmoon Card: Volcano and Moonwell Chalice, my average Item Level is 392. Yesterday I obtained Will of the Unbinding in LFR.

Now what I'm unsure of is the following:

Should I replace Darkmoon Card Volcano with Will of the Unbinding and consequently use Moonwell Chalice + Will of the Unbinding and then replace MWC with Cunning of the Cruel as soon as I get it?

or

Should I replace Moonwell Chalice with Will of the Unbinding and consequently use Darkmoon Card Volcano + Will of the Unbinding and then replace DMCV with Cunning of the Cruel as soon as I get it?

or shouldn't I use WoB at all until I obtain Cunning of the Cruel so I can swap out DMCV and MWC at the same time?

10+ Year Old Account
    The MWC is still better than the DMC:V, so the DMC is what you replace first.

Deleted
    You only replace moonwell chalice if:
    1. You don't have tier 13 2piece.
    2. You have WoU (Heroic) + CoC (Heroic)

DMC:V is worse than any of the 4.3 trinkets.

I personally think that watiing MWC for Meta is kinda decreases the benefit we actually take from it. so any 4.3 reasonable trinket = win in my opinion

Since when would u pet twist in a fight with no downtime anyways .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evsizpire View Post
    I personally think that watiing MWC for Meta is kinda decreases the benefit we actually take from it. so any 4.3 reasonable trinket = win in my opinion
    And that opinion of yours comes from where? The huge amount of simulations you did to prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    And that opinion of yours comes from where? The huge amount of simulations you did to prove it?
    Its an OPINON , Opinions are NEVER wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Its an OPINON , Opinions are NEVER wrong.
    They are when there are facts that make them wrong. I can say, in my opinion, that blanket is red, then someone says, no that blanket is scarlet, to prove which one of us is right, you go to the blanket's catalogue, and you see that the blanket is indeed scarlet, so my opinion is wrong.

Just sim it. Simming my lock with LFR WoU + H VPLC = 100 more dps than LFR WoU + MWC or H VPLC + MWC.

Maybe it is just my current gear setup, but this is what happened in multiple 10k and 50k sims on 6 min fight since...nothing is that is remotely patchwerk is that long in this tier.

They are when there are facts that make them wrong. I can say, in my opinion, that blanket is red, then someone says, no that blanket is scarlet, to prove which one of us is right, you go to the blanket's catalogue, and you see that the blanket is indeed scarlet, so my opinion is wrong.
    -----his sarcasm-----

-----your head------

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    -----his sarcasm-----

-----your head------
    Internet sarcasm, really effective indeed.

once u replace meta, and u use it on CD, what about ur other coodowns like blood fury / ds , would u just use it on cd also?

definitely replace volcano with WoU

Deleted
    DMC:V is worse than any of the 4.3 trinkets.
    I beg to differ.

http://simulationcraft.org/430/Warlo..._Trinkets.html

EDIT: This was proven to be incorrect!
    Last edited by mmoc93fbe456e8; 2011-12-26 at 12:19 AM.

That sim doesn't account for passive stats on anything

Deleted
    Gosh darnit you're correct. My bad!

You know the only "when to replace mw:c" that has any sort of answer says that switching it out is only worth it for heroic trinkets, ej actually says reg CotC and WoU are bis.. it'd be great to have something conlcusive, although I assume my Cotc and mw:c will be with me for quite some time.

Can't wait to use that meta off cd... :/
    Gonna just test wou and cotc combo when I get the drop.

I don't understand how Simcraft/EJ ranks the trinkets. Waiting to use your Meta for the CD of the trinket seems clunky.

Right now I'm sitting on MWC, Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (Normal), and Will of Unbinding (LFR)

Right now I'm leaning towards just dumping Moonwell.

Every sim I've done has shown you need WoU+CotC, both regular (or better, obviously). Additionally, H IotCM seems to be a valid replacement, but not the normal version. I've done sims independent of t13 4pc as well as with it, each time it's said the same thing-- the gap just widens some more once you get the 4pc.

Obviously if you want to be 100% sure though, you should sim it in your own gearset.
    Verily, thou shalt rejoice in the house of the tentacle.