View Poll Results: Are people from NYC the coolest?

Voters
86. This poll is closed
  • AHYA

17 19.77%
  • Neisch Neirsch

69 80.23%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by regennis View Post
    oh wait, you're from staten island? That doesn't even count as nyc. Manhattan or bust. I've tried to start a petition to sell staten island to jersey, but even that trash heap won't take it.
    you bastard!!!! Yea i moved here from Brooklyn, but ive gotten used to it, I love, JUST FREAKIN love that you could actually park your car without wasting 20 min ( brooklyn) or having to time the street cleaning regulations ( Manhattan)

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, I dont want to be offensive but every time I met a New Yorker with an accent. They always thought "they" were the coolest person in the world, not really the other way around, but that is with my objective, limited experience. Most the time, the new yorker accent is fairly horrid. Almost like a city version of a southerner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I'd have to say the people I've enjoyed most (in America) are those in Seattle and the surrounding areas. Outside the U.S. I've enjoyed Hamburg, Germany the most.
    So it's safe to say that *puts sunglasses on* you like Hamburgers?

Sorry for that, I'll be on my way out now.

Come to Florida, we absolutely cannot stand you snowbirds from NYC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    lol, I dont want to be offensive but every time I met a New Yorker with an accent. They always thought "they" were the coolest person in the world, not really the other way around, but that is with my objective, limited experience. Most the time, the new yorker accent is fairly horrid. Almost like a city version of a southerner.
    Yeah the really really thick ones, but i have a slight one i think, but enough to notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    An outsider's perspecitve:

NYC: Crowded, people are stressed and impatient. An official who sees a camera bag over your shoulder assumes they have to TALK REALLY LOUDLY for you to understand. Nightlife is better than being a tourist in the daytime. Far too uptight to be cool.

Washington DC: I was here for the 4th of July. People were friendly and happy. Family pic nics in front of Capitolium. The security personel were very civil and not at all as "permanently annoyed" as in NYC.

New Orleans: One bar owner summed it up as "In New Orleans, you can do whatever you want." Burlesque, hot, humid, open, bustling, personal... Every day seemed like a weekend here.

Texas: Friendly, sleepy, baking hot. Difficult to get around with a British accent. I met people here who had never been outside the state at 20. Texas were a lot of fascinating things, but cool wasn't one.

Vegas: Tassles, tourists and Texas hold'em. I'm not sure I talked to anyone who was actually from Vegas.

California: Open, sexy, laidback in an almost self-concious way. In your typical LA coffee shop, people who lounged in their chairs with a black coffee and a laptop were so cool they almost had to fidget a bit not to stick to their seats

The Midwest: CORN FIELDS.

New England: A feeling of detachment from the rest of the country. One of the coolest things on my entire trip was a bluegrass jam session in the middle of the day with a bunch of 70+ OAPs in a small town in Rhode Island.

I spent 6 weeks travelling in the US in 2009.
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

15+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was Chicago, based on my limited experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennydabull View Post
    Come to Florida, we absolutely cannot stand you snowbirds from NYC.
    I'll be going a third time soon. You guys seem to love the British.

new york has the most self entitled people that think theyre cool.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    I'd have to say the coolest people are in Antarctica... But that's just my opinion.
    Truth be told. I've never meet somebody from Antarctica that I didn't like.. or spoken to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I always thought it was Chicago, based on my limited experience.

Happy to have European tourists, just as long as you aren't the speedo wearing kind.

As far as Florida goes, our two biggest imports are speedo wearing foreigners, and old people from the other 49 states.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-12-22 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Happy to have European tourists, just as long as you aren't the speedo wearing kind.

As far as Florida goes, our two biggest imports are speedo wearing foreigners, and old people from the other 49 states.
    Also that stuff that tony montana lliked

Quote Originally Posted by Yavannie View Post
    In your typical LA coffee shop, people who lounged in their chairs with a black coffee and a laptop were so cool they almost had to fidget a bit not to stick to their seats
    Yeah, that's not cool, people in the US usually call that being an insufferable hipster, let me guess, they were all iMacs, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yavannie View Post
    The Midwest: CORN FIELDS.
    Then again, there are other things we consider insufferable, like foreigners who don't visit the Twin Cities and brush off the entire midwest as farm land while wasting their visit in Texas, of all places.

15+ Year Old Account
    NYC is the best city. Ever.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like 30% think nyc has the coolest people, not bad considering the vast majority here are probably not from there

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From all the Americans I've met, the best were from Illinois, Kentucky and Florida which were all nice people, the worst were NYC, Washington and Texas, which were all loudmouth annoying morons in which I felt needed to have their tongues removed so they would shut the hell up.

God I hate Yankees (as in New yorkers)

It's not that people from NYC are cooler. It's that their tolerance for BS is extremely low and they are ready willing and able to call you on the aforementioned BS. As such if a true New Yorker were to step into this thread and see the poll about coolness in New Yorkers he'd probably pick up your laptop and beat you to death with it where as an LA guy would probably try to make it into a reality show, someone from Philly or Chicago would make a your mom joke of some kind that we'd all find horribly offensive but hilariously funny anyway and someone from the northwest down to say around San Francisco would start some form of protest about the lack of representation in the poll while smoking some extremely potent weed. If they were from Arizona or Texas they'd probably ask to see your citizenship papers and/or shoot you. but really all that matters in the end is that we're all cooler than the Dutch.
    Last edited by TWBrien; 2011-12-22 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    It's the accents.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    looks like 30% think nyc has the coolest people, not bad considering the vast majority here are probably not from there
    Nah the majority isn't. Only 30%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    So you think the coolest people are from where you're from? You're entitled to that opinion, I suppose.
    More like, you think you are the coolest person,

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, "cool" is a subjective term.

What's so special about people from New York? I've been there, wasn't really impressed. I think the best thing about it was that I got to go to a White Castle after seeing the first Harold and Kumar movie and seeing the Statue of Liberty.