View Poll Results: Are people from NYC the coolest?

Voters
86. This poll is closed
  • AHYA

17 19.77%
  • Neisch Neirsch

69 80.23%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by TWBrien View Post
    It's not that people from NYC are cooler. It's that their tolerance for BS is extremely low and they are ready willing and able to call you on the aforementioned BS. As such if a true New Yorker were to step into this thread and see the poll about coolness in New Yorkers he'd probably pick up your laptop and beat you to death with it where as an LA guy would probably try to make it into a reality show, someone from Philly or Chicago would make a your mom joke of some kind that we'd all find horribly offensive but hilariously funny anyway and someone from the northwest down to say around San Francisco would start some form of protest about the lack of representation in the poll while smoking some extremely potent weed. If they were from Arizona or Texas they'd probably ask to see your citizenship papers and/or shoot you. but really all that matters in the end is that we're all cooler than the Dutch.
    What no Florida in your rant? We have plenty of stereotypes to be made fun of. Walt Disney, old people, drunk colleague kids, overweight people wearing speedos, ect.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    Also that stuff that tony montana lliked
    Hehehehe, that actually made me laugh .
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-12-22 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    I'd have to say the coolest people are in Antarctica... But that's just my opinion.
    I agree with this statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just gonna say the coolest people come from California, this is proof:
    I mean the cool is just so good I can only say a couple of things:
    1) Kim Kardashian reading a Quantum Physics book
    2) Jonas Bros. in Disney Land
    3) And muhta fuhckin Betty White!

Doesn't get any cooler than that imo
    (I have yet to figure out if I am being sarcastic or not, oh well go with either or)

10+ Year Old Account
    Coolest people are from Northern Indiana.

I'm kidding, everyone here sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revrant View Post
    Yeah, that's not cool, people in the US usually call that being an insufferable hipster, let me guess, they were all iMacs, right?

Then again, there are other things we consider insufferable, like foreigners who don't visit the Twin Cities and brush off the entire midwest as farm land while wasting their visit in Texas, of all places.
    Well, if you want to drive from New Orleans to the west coart, Texas is sort of in the way. Even though six weeks is a long time, we spent a lot of time driving and couldn't visit every place we wanted to. Some of it had to be overlooked.
    When someone asks, “What is best in life?” there’s only one answer: “To crush the newbs, see them driven before me, and read their lamentations on the forums” - Lylirra

The most awesome yank I've met is from Arkansas(my dads best buddy), seriously one of the nicest dudes I've ever met.
    2nd coolest yank I've learned to know is from San Francisco(a young professor at my uni), totally cool dude who I've hanged out with quite a lot.

New Yorkers seem to be like any big city people... busy busy busy and therefore less inviting and less friendly, not true for all of them of course but people from big cities are usually that way... from my experience :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Aurust View Post
    Are the coolest people in the US from NYC? I think so.

Every single time i have traveled to another state or major city on business and then when i go to a bar or whatever after, ive been by far the cooleset person there to the point where the ladies AND guys just sorta flock to me and are amazed at how awesome I am. It usually starts with, wow where is that accent from, and when they find out im from NYC they sorta just get that amazed look on their face.

Would like to know if anyone from outside of NY metro area met anyone from there and what they thought.

Also, the popularity of Jersey Shore where half of them are from Staten Island I think.

EDIT
    AHYA= YES, Neisch Neirsch= NO It was from a Bruno Skit when he was interviewing some kind of weirdo fashion stylist
    So when you go to a bar in another city in New York the first thing people ask is where's that accent from? Cool story bro. You are the coolest!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Skelington does not know what 'AHYA' and 'Neisch Neirsch' mean.
    Skelington can talk in first person! (Check my signiture).

On-topic: Any of the people i've spoken to from NY just sound whiny. They're always complaining and arguing. Not cool...

I say, if France was to be in the US, the people from France would be the coolest people in the US.

Hence, one can reasonably say that the coolest people in the US are from France. People from NYC are also pretty cool though.

One of the biggest problems for the United States is that its culture has lost its work ethic and focuses on being cool and having fun. Most PhD candidates in math and science are foreign born. Something like 60% of math and science students are first generation Americans, once they reach second-generation status and more, they are too distracted by fun and games to study.

I remember being in 400 level calculus classes in college and I was the only American in the classroom. It was filled with Chinese and Indian students. The teacher was from India and barely spoke english. And let me tell you, those kids didn't joke around at all. They were totally focused on their work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Oh wait, you're from Staten Island? That doesn't even count as NYC. Manhattan or bust. I've tried to start a petition to sell Staten Island to Jersey, but even that trash heap won't take it.
    WINNING! lol

Lol is this topic for real? Well I'll play along. I've never met anyone from NYC that I liked more than people from my home state(Massachusetts)

Oh and our sports teams are definitely way cooler. That's the most objective thing anyone could say about Boston vs NYC. Buncha twinkies down there.

This thread is missing nation-bashing.
    THERES NO COOL PEEPS IN THE USA DERP.

But really, what?
    "cool" is highly different per person.

people from the any city or country are as cool from any other city country - no matter what your believes.

Coolest people from NYC? LMAO.

I'd rather shoot myself in the face than live in one of the 5 boroughs

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    This thread is missing nation-bashing.
    THERES NO COOL PEEPS IN THE USA DERP.

But really, what?
    "cool" is highly different per person.

people from the any city or country are as cool from any other city country - no matter what your believes.
    DAMN IT, you beat me with the US bashing :P.

Anyways, whenever I meet a New Yorker, they YELL at me, seem obnoxious and not adaptable to a different culture. Californians seem pretty chill, although they can have an ego problem which ruins the coolness factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Glow View Post
    One of the biggest problems for the United States is that its culture has lost its work ethic and focuses on being cool and having fun. Most PhD candidates in math and science are foreign born. Something like 60% of math and science students are first generation Americans, once they reach second-generation status and more, they are too distracted by fun and games to study.

I remember being in 400 level calculus classes in college and I was the only American in the classroom. It was filled with Chinese and Indian students. The teacher was from India and barely spoke english. And let me tell you, those kids didn't joke around at all. They were totally focused on their work.
    You are simplyfing it, if you want the best talant you have too look abroad as well as at home, saying those % is down to americans focusing on having fun and being cool is the same as saying "we are the best, we got the best phd candidates but they play around instead" and needless to say that is not very flattering for the rest of the world.

Believe it or not but there are people that are not from the USA that simply are more talanted and got better ideas, why would a university take an american native over someone who got more talant? It would just make your top unis worse.

That Univesities in the USA got international talant doing their phd's isnt a problem its an asset as it enriches your Universities.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    You are simplyfing it, if you want the best talant you have too look abroad as well as at home, saying those % is down to americans focusing on having fun and being cool is the same as saying "we are the best, we got the best phd candidates but they play around instead" and needless to say that is not very flattering for the rest of the world.

Believe it or not but there are people that are not from the USA that simply are more talanted and got better ideas, why would a university take an american native over someone who got more talant? It would just make your top unis worse.

That Univesities in the USA got international talant doing their phd's isnt a problem its an asset as it enriches your Universities.
    There's isn't a limited supply of PhDs to award. They don't have to choose one over another.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. And I think they are amazed at you, because you are still alive with all the bad rep NYC gets for crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    Seattle has the coolest people cause we're passive aggressive.
    I'm no longer in the great pacific, I'm in Florida. Which only makes me agree with this statement more.

No, everyone knows the coolest people come from Michigan.
    Last edited by anveena; 2011-12-22 at 05:20 PM.