View Poll Results: Are people from NYC the coolest?

Voters
86. This poll is closed
  • AHYA

17 19.77%
  • Neisch Neirsch

69 80.23%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    I actually think a lot of people in NYC are assholes. Maybe that was just my experience? I mean everyone being angry...

People in Portland and Chicago were way better imo.

Even better still, and quite a bit more interesting, were people in Osaka. All kinds of people there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

No, I do not think the coolest people in the US are from NYC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by er0ckuh View Post
    I haven't been to NYC enough times to tell, but from what I've seen in Cali, Los Angeles has the coolest people. I've met sooooo many chill people visiting my relatives there. I'd much rather live there than where I currently inhabit.
    Its cuz here in SoCal we get all the sun =D

Also @ OP: NY is on my list of tourist destinations I never want to go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

idunno about the coolest but certainly the rudest. i grew up in NY so trust me on that.

If by cool you mean down to earth and genuine, I would have to say no. If you mean self-absorbed and uncaring, sure, NYC has the coolest people. Although by that definition I'd rather not be cool, just as I'd rather not live in/near NYC.

Deleted
    Coolest people? Probably more like most arrogant people.

Not sure about coolest but maybe most arrogant and dumbest so I'm sure you fit right in.

10+ Year Old Account
    most of those new yorkers you met in those bars are tourists from other places. dont kid yourself, dude. same with vegas.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 10:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Its cuz here in SoCal we get all the sun =D
    yessir! been here over 15 years. chill ass place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beefchorizo View Post
    yessir! been here over 15 years. chill ass place.
    I would move due to the shit government, but I love the ocean and the sun too much.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

San Diego.

Everytime I tell someone I'm from San Diego they think it's the most amazing place to live. Also we're so laid back and have the hottest women

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donax View Post
    San Diego.

Everytime I tell someone I'm from San Diego they think it's the most amazing place to live. Also we're so laid back and have the hottest women
    /brofist image

10+ Year Old Account
    Kentucky, HANDS DOWN has the coolest people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    From all the Americans I've met, the best were from Illinois, Kentucky and Florida which were all nice people, the worst were NYC, Washington and Texas, which were all loudmouth annoying morons in which I felt needed to have their tongues removed so they would shut the hell up.

God I hate Yankees (as in New yorkers)
    Kentucky is the best place in the states. Kentucky is about bourbon and horse-racing. We love everyone and are, actually, the coolest people in our hemisphere.

EDIT: We do not claim Jesse Cox as an actual Kentuckian. Please don't hold his mediocrity against us.
    "Where we have strong emotions, we're liable to fool ourselves."
    -Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by McBarty View Post
    I think it's quite the opposite, NYC has the most hot-headed people around
    That, and a lot of douchebags I know are from NY. Including my sister. Ooooooh, and I loathe their 'accents'.
    Coolest people I know are from Chicago.
    ...And Ohio. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by champ3000 View Post
    Kentucky is the best place in the states. Kentucky is about bourbon and horse-racing. We love everyone and are, actually, the coolest people in our hemisphere.

EDIT: We do not claim Jesse Cox as an actual Kentuckian. Please don't hold his mediocrity against us.
    Not to be a racist prick, and not to start a flame war, but I've been to Kentucky, and this only applies if you're white >.>

Im from LA(border la and oc) I went on vacation to ny/dc, I hated ny with a passion and you couldnt pay me to go back, not necessarily the people but the city itself, it just disgusted me honestly

10+ Year Old Account
    not pointing this at you but i know quite a few people from NYC and i don't like a single one of them and i hate the city.
    Last edited by dbach713; 2011-12-22 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm from LA and I disagree with this thread :-P
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Im from LA(border la and oc) I went on vacation to ny/dc, I hated ny with a passion and you couldnt pay me to go back, not necessarily the people but the city itself, it just disgusted me honestly
    Ca>all, u just dont find people happier than those who live in sunshine all year round only thing thats bad here is the traffic, but by what ive seen thats also worse in nyc
    Last edited by Sluggo; 2011-12-22 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Ca>all, u just dont find people happier than those who live in sunshine all year round
    I've been unhappy several times like when there were nice waves and I had to work or when I couldn't decide if it was too warm for jeans or too cold for shorts, there have been times when I surfed in the morning went snowboarding in the afternoon then driven to the desert to offroad before it was too dark... that's way too much fun stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donax View Post
    I've been unhappy several times like when there were nice waves and I had to work or when I couldn't decide if it was too warm for jeans or too cold for shorts, there have been times when I surfed in the morning went snowboarding in the afternoon then driven to the desert to offroad before it was too dark... that's way too much fun stuff...
    On the summer solstice I plan on going to the sunrise highway at like 5 or whenever the sunrise is and head down to OB at sunset cliffs for the sunset. SD is an awesome homebase, you're within 3 hours driving of pretty much anything you could wanna do, the beach, the bay, the mountains, snowboarding (if its season), the desert, and Mexico (if you're feeling lucky.)