Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

KIN Raiders Heroic Spine of Deathwing Coverage, Diablo III Beta Giveaway, Blue Posts

KIN Raiders Heroic Spine of Deathwing Video
    Now that Stars has defeated Heroic Spine of Deathwing 25, KIN Raiders has released their video of the kill.

KIN Raiders Raid Composition / Damage Meters
    KIN Raiders defeated Heroic Spine of Deathwing 25 utilizing lots of high burst DPS classes. You can see their damage meters from the Spine fight (only the tendons) and raid composition for both Madness and Spine below!

KIN Raiders Spine of Deathwing Raid Composition
    데***
    약관확*
    Versaille
    철수와초*렛
    Fiddlesticks
    Evocation
    *운님
    위업
    Christiane
    Zedka
    신학
    엘*에
    Zacard
    Kz
    배*픈*크
    *행청년
    *규*
    셀**셜
    Gooddog
    Detonator
    Ziltoo
    Yuribie
    *꾸
    Dartyu
    쫘파게*

KIN Raiders Madness of Deathwing Raid Composition
    쫘죽*
    괴**팡
    Jubeto
    데***
    Gortyu
    Lurker
    Versaille
    철수와초*렛
    공허의배신자
    엘*에
    Zedka
    *제*진
    Kz
    Yoko
    배*픈*크
    *행청년
    *규*
    Detonator
    Ziltoo
    Excaliber
    Yuribie
    *꾸
    Neichell
    Dartyu
    Vincente

KIN Raiders Post Spine of Deathwing Interview
    Playforum interviewed KIN Raiders after their Spine of Deathwing kill, and Utsusemi was nice enough to translate the interesting questions.

Q: How did you farm and prepare to clear DS?
    A: As many people know, US & EU had some troubles involving LFR. As for us, we brought 3 mains that did not overlap with each others' tier drops and 23 alts that have already done LFR, which facilitated the gearing of our mains. All in all, each member has gone through LFR about 26 times.

During the first week of the patch, in normal mode DS, we formed 6 teams - each consisting of 8-9 mains + alt fill-ins. We also had 1 team farming 10 man mode. When hard mode became available, we focused on gearing up the guild as a whole rather than prioritizing loot based on ranks. We formed 3 teams mixing mains and alts - and consistently farmed for progression. This has helped a lot in the latter half of DS.

Q: What did you feel the 'best' DPS class was for this raid?
    A: In all circumstances, a class with good survivability and DPS can be considered the best. In this dungeon, a class that can survive well while providing great burst was the best DPS class. And we think Mage and Rogue were the two classes that best fit that criteria.

For Rogues, subtlety tree was buffed (great survivability and burst) so they were very viable. And for Mages, arcane provided better burst than any other class while fire gave better survivability. However, it's impossible to defeat the latter half the encounters with just these two classes. It is critical that other classes provide support/utility for them.

Q: Can you provide the raid comp for Spine and Madness of Deathwing encounters? Also, the number of attempts for them as well?
    A: Regarding the raid composition, you can check that through armory. According to our DBM log, we gave about 300 attempts for the Spine. And for the last encounter, we downed it on our 108th attempt.

Q: A lot of people are speculating about the 4 shamans involved in the Spine encounter. Can you clear things up for us?
    A: For the Spine, we had 3 restoration shamans and 1 elemental shaman. Two of the resto shamans were alts. Also one of those two alts' main spec was elemental.

As a side joke, one of our elemental shamans (Detonator is the name) had to be benched for 3 hrs because he could not pull the DPS needed. He had to practice DPS on dummy before getting pulled back in lol.

Q: In US & EU, many people are claiming that you used an exploit using SLT, which allegedly negates a debuff that lowers your health.
    A: Regarding that, we have received personal apologies from MMO-Champion and Paragon website (From the people that made such claims). At that time, I wasn't too concerned about it because I was focused on the next encounter. But when we finally release the video of our kill, all of the suspicions will go away.

Q: The time you spent on Madness, compared to Spine, was rather short. How would you compare the difficulty between the two?
    A: Spine was harder. It was as if a huge wall was blocking your way. Every time you first encounter a difficult boss, you can naturally feel that way. For Madness, it was like "hey, this isn't so bad". As for the Spine, it was more like "we don't wanna repeat this next week..." But no matter what, the members that had to be on stand-by had to go through the most stress by far.

Q: When will you be releasing a kill video of the last two encounters?
    A: Once another guild has achieved a kill, we'll be releasing the video.

Q: It seems like more alts were part of the raid than mains for this dungeon. Is this correct?
    A: Yes, it is. For the Spine, 3 of the Mages were alts and 2 of the resto Shamans were alts. We wanted to prepare for the unexpected. So since FL, we consistently farmed for alts.

Q: Is there a reason why you did that?
    A: Every patch, we as a guild, had problems with limited roster. However, we feel that composition is far more important than the number of raiders. Say we have 25 people online. If those 25 people have access to most of the classes, creating a fitting raid composition becomes very easy.

For DS, each member had 2-4 classes ready for progression.

Q: For this raid, class specs seemed very critical. Can you give us a word on that?
    A: For tanks, Paladins were far inferior to DKs and Druids. Thus, prot Paladins were benched. Also, enhancement Shamans and Hunters had to be benched for Madness encounter as the pets weren't attacking tendons. For healers, holy Paladins and resto Shamans were good. Other healing classes had to be on stand-by. And for caster DPS, boomkins had to be benched most of the time. I want to thank all of them for sticking around for the entire duration of the fights.

Q: Would you like to say a word to other guilds that are attempting to clear DS?
    A: Never give up! It is imperative to stick together and have faith that you can do it. Every guild wants to give up at one point or another. But nothing can be achieved with one big shot. If you take it one step at a time, you will be rewarded for your effort.

Q: Any shout outs to the fans?
    A: Thank you for your supports. We want to be remembered as raiders that always enjoy raiding. Thank you.

@BlizzardCS Diablo III Beta Twitter Sweepstakes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    @BlizzardCS is giving away 500 keys for the exclusive Diablo III beta test over the next five weeks. If you want to lead the charge against the minions of the Burning Hells before the game’s official release – follow the instructions below and enter the drawing for your chance to win.

Starting December 20, 2011, we’ll be randomly selecting 100 winners each week to receive a key to our exclusive Diablo III beta test. Drawings will occur at the end of every Tuesday for five (5) weeks for the total 500 keys.

What you need to know:

How to Enter:
    1. Have an active Battle.net® account
    2. Be a registered user of Twitter®
    3. During the Contest period become a follower of BlizzardCS® by visiting http://twitter.com/BlizzardCS and clicking “Follow;”
    4. Use the hashtag #DiabloBeta and @BlizzardCS in a Tweet
    5. Send an email of the tweet to cstwitterfeedback@blizzard.com. With a link to your tweet.

If you have not registered a Battle.net account, visit http://www.battle.net to register for a Battle.net account at no cost to you; and if you are not a registered user of Twitter®, simply visit http://twitter.com/signup to register at no cost to you.

Sweepstakes Starts
    December 20, 2011 @ 1:00 pm (PST)
    Sweepstakes Ends
    January 23, 2012 @ 11:59 pm (PST)

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Daily Quests and Boredom
    Dailies and grinding. You want X, you have to perform Y dailies for Z period of time. You grind rep and gold and then you get what you want. This is what I explained. "But that's just like a job. I already have a job. When can we do something fun?"

It's easy to design a better system than dailies, pump out infinite amounts of content, it's just not feasible to pull off. Some people want to spend more time in the game than others, maybe even every day, and we want to make sure they have something to do. While we'd love for that to be fresh and unique content every time, it's simply not feasible. Thus, dailies. Give people something to do each time they log in (if they choose to do so every day).

Not to toot the Mists of Pandaria horn too hard, but I think our general zone design, daily, and scenario approach is pretty solid. Part of what makes dailies a bit tedious, aside from being tedious, is the rewards are desired but may not always quite fit the time investment. I see quite a bit of that being solved and making sure if you're logging in to do some dailies or scenarios, you feel like you made a good chunk of progress toward advancing your character.

It's not going to be a revolution or anything, don't get me wrong, but I think it'll at least feel better. No one likes being the guy on the assembly line putting the left index finger on the doll 250 times a day, 5 days a week. They might not mind it as much though if they're paid $100k a year. Right? (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Last edited by chaud; 2011-12-22 at 10:26 PM.

The tank kiting those bloods is insane, can't believe how many are there!

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All in all, each member has gone through LFR about 26 times.
    Level: Asian

insane vid WELL DONE

10+ Year Old Account
    How does this twitter contest work, how do you do the hashtag thing.

Edit: Nevermind it wasn't that complicated, but now I can't figure out how to make a link for it
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2011-12-22 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    13 min long fight :P. To long for my taste.

They dont even hide chat since nobody understand what written there

15+ Year Old Account
    The first answer is part of their success. A lot of guilds just grouped all 25 mains up into a group to try to world first the first 5-6 bosses. KIN Raiders didn't care about that, they split into alt-main hybrid raids to gear up as much as possible.

"Be a registered user of Twitter"Oh well, no giveaway for me then.

The video clearly doesn't look as intense as it probably was (to me at least) - the only bit of intensity came up when the 2nd time the 3rd Tendon was vulnurable it almost closed again, which I know is pretty much the key so yea. But apart from that.... Sure the tank kiting bloods looked amazing and it was nice to watch that, but... nope. Not nearly as intense as I imagined it to *look* (again, this is not me saying the fight is not intense. I'm just saying the video doesn't reflect that. Obviously just my opinion.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh... as usuall it's a damn twitter contest.
    Ofcourse people can read it, not all of us obviously. Plenty of people that know korean outside of korea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    How does this twitter contest work, how do you do the hashtag thing.

Edit: Nevermind it wasn't that complicated, but now I can't figure out how to make a link for it
    Click on the tweet, click Details, copy Paste link in adress bar... DONE

Deleted
    Epic gz boys :d

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The first answer is part of their success. A lot of guilds just grouped all 25 mains up into a group to try to world first the first 5-6 bosses. KIN Raiders didn't care about that, they split into alt-main hybrid raids to gear up as much as possible.
    Yeah I can only imagine how many hours they have spent just gearing all those alts.

Bring player, not class

I love the fact that some classes were simply left aside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gameleon View Post
    Click on the tweet, click Details, copy Paste link in adress bar... DONE
    I don't see a details button anywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Paragon also doesn't hide it, and it's much easier to type in Finnish than Korean in a translator.