Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    What, there is no such thing as free healthcare? O-o
    Depends. On my plan, if the service is covered then I just give them my insurance card and leave. I've also heard where you pay up front, and the insurance company pays you back at the end of the month.

Deleted
    And this is when I'm happy of being Spanish and having our maravelous Health System.

Well, since it was a few days ago and it didn't kill you, you probably don't need to go to the doctor at this point. However, if your swallowing issue poses any chance of your airway closing or of you aspirating any consumed fluids/foods then you do need to see a doctor asap.

If it's just an extreme dryness at the back of the throat, it's most likely not serious. Unfortunately, it's also most likely not going to be going away very quickly either, probably a few weeks or so. Until it does, I suggest drinking lots of water and really keeping yourself hydrated to help your body heal up. Throat lozenges would also probably help you forget about it. I had a similar reaction the last time I took something with pseudophed in it. Extremely annoying and took forever to go away but nothing worth taking to a doctor.

More importantly, you should try to figure out what exactly caused the reaction and try to avoid it in the future. If you're pretty sure it was the apples, keep in mind that it may have been a chemical they were treated with and organic apples may not cause a reaction at all. Most things that cause an allergic reaction have the potential to cause a worse reaction every time they are encountered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vynka View Post
    And this is when I'm happy of being Spanish and having our maravelous Health System.
    Just saying, my insurance covers crap like this and I still wouldn't waste the gas to drive 20 miles to see my doctor for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn mac cool View Post
    Not the topic I both expected and hoped for. I'd give you advice but I'm far too disappointed with you to be helpful.
    Damn, someone got to this first.

OT: You really should be seeing a professional around this. It could just take a few days for your reaction to die down. Are you really willing to chance that, though?

Honestly, Nobody here will be able to diagnose you.

And if you really want advice, avoid the internet like the plague or risk Hypochondria (Fear of having certain diseases and stuff like that) - As i've had for nearly 2 long, long years.

Internet is the worst place you can look for a diagnosis on health issues.

I made that mistake several years ago, Had a small lump behind my ear - Looked it up, Came on to something scary. Starting scouring the internet for other things it could be, Found even more scary stuff.

At that time i became hyper observant of my body, started noticing every tiny little thing, everything felt strange like it didnt belong. And before I knew it I was paranoid about my health - and permanently terrified.

When I say things start feeling weird I mean stuff like when you are conscious of your breathing, It starts feeling heavy - When you keep on paying attention to a muscle ache - It will hurt even more. When you feel a tiny little lump in your mouth - You keep paying attention to it and it starts feeling bigger and bigger.

Luckely, I managed to get rid of it after nearly 2 years of weekly doctor visits & Psychiatrist appointments.

I'm not diagnosing you - I'm just warning you - Dont use the internet to look up anything medical or physical related. Go to a professional, And for the love of god belive the guy when he says there is nothing wrong, or that its just a minor irritation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.. Not sure whther or not an allergic reaction could cause this but; I once had a soar throat for days. Couldnt swallow. After about a week, if I were to nom a big glass of fluids; it would come out of my nose. The doctor said shit and that it would go over with some penicillin.
    Turned out to be a boil. In the throat. It had to be removed with a scalpel, while I was awake. Do you have any idea how hard is it, NOT to swallow with a syringe tranq'en you, and a scalpel slizzin? I shit you not brah, that is horrid. Go see a doctor. Asap.
    I like juice

Quote Originally Posted by Krageth View Post
    And if you really want advice, avoid the internet like the plague or risk Hypochondria (Fear of having certain diseases and stuff like that) - As i've had for nearly 2 long, long years.
    Hypochondria is just believing you are sick when you are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    Hmm.. Not sure whther or not an allergic reaction could cause this but; I once had a soar throat for days. Couldnt swallow. After about a week, if I were to nom a big glass of fluids; it would come out of my nose. The doctor said shit and that it would go over with some penicillin.
    Turned out to be a boil. In the throat. It had to be removed with a scalpel, while I was awake. Do you have any idea how hard is it, NOT to swallow with a syringe tranq'en you, and a scalpel slizzin? I shit you not brah, that is horrid. Go see a doctor. Asap.
    I honestly don't think it's that. My throat isn't hurting or anything, it just takes effort to swallow.

Either way, even if it's just something that will go away in a few days, I think I'd rather chance wasting my time going to the doctor than doing nothing and have it to escalate into something worse. Thank you for the helpful posts, I already decided that I'd be going to the doctor tomorrow. I just made this thread to see if there would be anything that would help my issue until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Finn mac cool View Post
    Not the topic I both expected and hoped for. I'd give you advice but I'm far too disappointed with you to be helpful.
    I think most of us got tricked
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Another person who didn't get what they expected.... This thread is nowhere near as hot as I thought it would be...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have any penicillin around try using it. I had an almost similar issue after drinking penicillin 3 times on the same day it went away
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    If you have any sort of problem with any part of your body, see a doctor. Always.
    This is nearly the absolutely worst advice you could have given. There was a time in human history where people had to rely on their own knowledge to remedy problems, not hope to the nearest socialized medicine facility to have a business prescribe shit you don't need to milk the most out of your insurance/wallet.

OP: apple skins are kind of rigid and can be sharp. You probably just scratched the inside of your throat and just need to wait for your body to naturally heal. Bodies do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've had an allergic reaction, you should see a doctor immediately. We don't like health topics here, too much potential for bad advice.