Thread: Gold Spam...

Gold Spam...

Anyone else noticed the wonderful lack of this so far? Since the 15th I have gotten a total of one /tell advertising credits. I reported it and have not gotten another one.

I haven't had a single whisper/trade gold spam/whatever since I started
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Deleted
    Think you are in the wrong forum.

There is gold spam in SWOTOR already? Thought it would take a little longer
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    There is gold spam in SWOTOR already? Thought it would take a little longer

I got that one whisper and that was it. I haven't seen anything being spammed in general channels.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen no gold spam at all, people talking all sorts of native languages in general is noticeable tho. (EU PVE English Red Eclipse, Republic Side)

Haven't seen any advertisements, and people are only speaking English in general chat. (Sith'ari EU Empire)

I had a couple of whispers and saw some gold spam in general a couple of times about 2 days ago, nothing since.

Every game that deals with currency that can be sold online will have spam

They still need time to build up credit reserves but the community must stand strong against this, everyone needs to report it when it happens, so spread the word.

Speaking of community is seems really enjoyable so far, hopefully it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Every game that deals with currency that can be sold online will have spam

We'll see how much. Was already a guy complaining on the official forums because his "friend" got perma banned for "joking around acting like a gold farmer in /general"

10+ Year Old Account
    When you work(farm) to make money, you work in the most popular games, not in a 2 days old game

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be any gold selling in SW:TOR, ever.

Credit selling on the other hand...

To be fair though most new MMO's won't have much in the way of "gold spam" this early on, it does take some time for the sellers to farm their own reserves and/or to hack enough other people's accounts to build a reserve that way. Plus, the lack of free trial accounts and such that most MMOs have on release also helps cut down the numbers of spammers.

It'll most likely increase dramatically as time goes on. Hopefully Bioware stay on top of the bans and reports but it's inevitable that as a game gets older and especially more popular the gold spam will increase. Can always hope though.

The IP block on Asian countries may have caught some of the farmers off guard. I suspect once they get their VPNS working and phish some accounts the spam will come.

Deleted
    I'd imagine it will increase as time goes on, the games only a few days old so not much chance for gold farmers to build up stores of it. So i'd wager it'll increase a load over time.

Quote Originally Posted by gridalien View Post
    I'd imagine it will increase as time goes on, the games only a few days old so not much chance for gold farmers to build up stores of it. So i'd wager it'll increase a load over time.

Fair enough, but Aion and Rift had it from day one. Aion was a nightmare in the chat channels because of it. Rift got it under control for the most part.