Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

No active sub...

I am subbed. Have an email saying that I am. I log into my account and have answered all security questions. It shows me having put my code in on the 17th. Yet I still cannot get in. I cannot even make a post on the forums about it, it is locked to non subscribers which it thinks I am...

you know that the site and servers have been undergoing maintenance right?...due to stop at 12 today...servers are up but the site is still out.

Thanks but had all that already. I sent a ticket in to customer support and now it opened up. No idea what the deal was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    you know that the site and servers have been undergoing maintenance right?...due to stop at 12 today...servers are up but the site is still out.
    I'm looking at the site just fine. Try hitting F5 if it's still showing as under maintenance for you.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 02:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Thanks but had all that already. I sent a ticket in to customer support and now it opened up. No idea what the deal was.
    Might've needed some time to sync? I know it took a couple hours for my CE items to show up after putting in my CE key. Though the fact it took two days after launch to figure it out is odd. Oh, well, if it's working now, all's well that ends well. lol

Deleted
    Yeah, then you try to set up a subscription and you get redirected to EA site which is broken:

Oops!!

The page you are trying to access is not available.
    Thanks, but servers are up and I want to play, I don't care about EA's utter incompetence.

"Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code"

Why do i have to do this if i have 30 days free? ><

Looking for a casual weekend raiding guild - pref AU times for working people><

ya, so if you dont pay for an extra month or drop 30 bucks on a game time card, you cant play.

no other mmo has done this, its kind of bullshit, since its not really 30 days free to play (until you pay us for another one)

so its really bare minimum $95 bucks to play this game if you dont have a cc or feel comfortable putting your cc online. utter bull.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooricy View Post
    "Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code"

Why do i have to do this if i have 30 days free? ><
    It's like that for pretty much every game that does this. You have to put in payment info, but you aren't actually charged anything. There may be a $1 charge shown on your card statement - that's called an authorization charge and is done to make sure the card is genuine, and it falls off after a day or two and you get the dollar back.
    Last edited by Oerba Yun Fang; 2011-12-22 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith4130 View Post
    ya, so if you dont pay for an extra month or drop 30 bucks on a game time card, you cant play.

no other mmo has done this, its kind of bullshit, since its not really 30 days free to play (until you pay us for another one)
    Wrong.
    You just need to set up an subscription once, and you can remove it before the 30 free to play days are over and you won't be billed for another month.

How do i buy a game time card/code from australia?

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith4130 View Post

Just about EVERY MMO I've played has done this, and you are not charged anything. I'm playing right now and I haven't been charged a dime (for subscription time - obviously, I bought the game).

Deleted
    I can't even subscribe because the page won't load

Looks like it could be a few hours before we can do it.

What Moontalon said. Just setup a sub and then cancel it right after and you won't be charged anything at all.

Deleted
    problem at the moment that you cant actually set up a sub cause EAs BS servers seem to be down....browser constantly gives connection reset..

also theres an issue with visa cards...i tried to enter my visa the one time i actually managed to get it to work and then it said that card cant be billed ...

Quote Originally Posted by Malgo View Post
    I can't even subscribe because the page won't load

Looks like it could be a few hours before we can do it.
    i thought i was the only one with this problem

15 mins and still not loaded

10+ Year Old Account
    cos its EA and they want all our fucking money.... nuff said
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Mine loaded then died ....LOL

No one told me about this, wiyld have done it in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Just about EVERY MMO I've played has done this, and you are not charged anything. I'm playing right now and I haven't been charged a dime (for subscription time - obviously, I bought the game).
    my cc was stolen, and my replacement hasnt come in almost 2 weeks, its an EDD account through BoA, and the card number and account changes if a new card is ordered. so with that being said, i could care less and i know it wont be charged thats not what i was saying anyway, but i unfortunately cant produce those numbers so i can go eff myself, i guess.

Deleted
    I don't normally complain about computer games but i am starting to get a little tired of EA, i just read the guide on subscribing, which states we won't be billed immediately and then the 1st few responses contradict it. The swtor site is a really slow too