Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Leveling as a Jedi Sage, healer spec, no issues what-so-ever. I solo most 2+Heroic quests, I can do the 4+heroics with just one other person whether they're DPS or Tank. Really the companions make this game easy if you're a healer just have to know which companion to use We don't need 2 specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just leveled 30-35 on my sorc as a healer just to see if there was any merit to those topic.
    There isn't.
    Putting Khem Val(tank) on the shelf and getting out Andronikos(ranged dps) and there was practically no difference in leveling speed between the two.
    My guess is it's a l2p issue.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-12-22 at 09:36 PM.

I think duel spec was a great move by Blizzard. I personally would love to see it in this game. It's just more convenient to switch over as a healer so you can get something done you know? JMO.

Dual spec should def be added, but the situation isn't as bad as the OP makes it out to be.

Dual specs...bah! A jedi craves these things not.

I don't really see the need for PvE. I'm leveling as healer and I don't believe my leveling speed/efficiency is much less than others. In fact, I can easily solo most the 2man heroic quest thanks to my ability to heal and the various CC options they give healers. Likewise, I'm sure I spend far less time LFG for Flashpoints or Heroics. Unlike WOW, healers get an impressive amount of damage output. You've also got companions who can tank or dps. You don't ever have to farm because your companions will do that also.

That said, maybe its because I'm not concerned with how fast others are leveling? I'm enjoying the game and really couldn't care less about how quickly others are eating up content.

PvP is the only place I can see Dual Spec being a valuable addition to the game.
    Last edited by nazrakin; 2011-12-22 at 09:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people act like Blizzard just puts options in the game no one wants. . . . blizzard has a database of 12 million players, full of data that bioware doesnt have. If blzizard makes a move, in regards to in game mechanics, you better believe there is a damn good reason to. Dual spec was a massive fucking success. No one cares if you dont like it, 12 million pay to play MMO gamers LOVED IT.

SWTOR not having dual spec is stupid, thats like selling a car with no Alternator. The devs have stated, at least twice on the beta boards that DUAL SPEC WILL BE IN THE GAME SOON. So everyone can STFU now, because BioWare wants it in the game, weather you want it or not.

There is no reason to have multiple specs as all classes are hybrids and do just fine. This isn't WoW where healers are useless at DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemili View Post
    They've said dual spec will be in after launch. The game just launched on the 20th.

"I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience." - Yoda
    why dont they just make all the whiners happy and add in everything that world of warcraft has.that pretty much seems like what everyone wants

oh and while were on the subject of world of warcraft.is outlaw's den kinda like arena in world of warcraft cuz thats what it sounded like

10+ Year Old Account
    You can easily level as healing spec. Your companions are your friends and you have DPS abilities. It may not be as fast, but it won't be so much slower that you fall weeks behind in leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    why dont they just make all the whiners happy and add in everything that world of warcraft has.that pretty much seems like what everyone wants

oh and while were on the subject of world of warcraft.is outlaw's den kinda like arena in world of warcraft cuz thats what it sounded like
    There's a reason people are leaving WoW in droves...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Apart from all those derping DPS, that think because they have access to a tank or heal spec, they can now do it. Then your flahspoints and PvP will be ruined by people that are incapable of actually playing those specs.

There's plenty of downsides to dual spec.
    Disagree. As someone that played a DPS for a long time and decided to try my luck with healing when dual spec came out. When a selfish healer dropped out of a dungeon and there were no healers popping up I asked whether I could try and we'll just replace a DPS as it would be faster. I healed really well and decided to take a more active roll in healing in my guild. Without dual spec I never would have had the opportunity to try it out.

Bad players will be bad players regardless of their option of specs and in PvP a lackluster healer is better than no healer. I don't see your point. Seems rather pessimistic to me.