Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Ok, this is pissing me off too now.

Why the fuck won't they take my credit card?

Amazon takes it, everyone else takes it...sup with EA/Bioware?

Honestly, after all the fuss this was the last thing I expected.

The great thing is, it won't even let me play without subscribing, despite the 30 day trial-period.

FFS Bioware. I'm not creating a Paypal account jst because they can't get their act together.
    It's all a conspiracy to get more people to make PayPal.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

It may have something to do with the location your IP address provides and your credit cards billing address. Annoying security feature...I haven't tried playing SW, but battlenet occasionally won't accept my CC if I am using an IP address way off from my billing address; that and my account is often locked when traveling from coast to coast due to "suspicious activity"

Crowe, it may be because you're from a "Restricted" zone, I know it may sound frustrating but Paypal is the only way to go atm.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Crowe, it may be because you're from a "Restricted" zone, I know it may sound frustrating but Paypal is the only way to go atm.
    But why would the Netherlands or Germany be part of any "restricted" zone. I can understand having stuff like that for 2nd world countries but it doesn't make much sense for Central Europe. And it still begs the question why I can use it for everything else?

I'm sorry, Pay Pal is not an option just because Bioware's too incompetent to do their job. I'd rather watch my trial period expire and burn the game to ashes than bow to their incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Nah, even people in green zones and the US are having difficulty. It's just their (Bioware/EA) fault is all.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I'm having the same issues. Since I'm Swedish and am using Swedish credit cards, but I currently live in Brazil, I thought perhaps my location was causing these issues. Thus, I had a friend of mine in Sweden log in to my account and use my card to register for me, but that didn't help. I still get "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one". I have tried one VISA debit card and one Mastercard credit card and both have the same problem. So what did I do? I asked my friend to use HIS card that works just fine for his account, but guess what, HIS card did NOT work either on my account. He then logged back in to his account, and the card was accepted. So why does the card get accepted on one account and not on the other?

Conclusion? Bioware's billing system is f***ed up. My cards work just fine ANYWHERE else.

sw:tor is shit!

Don't post if you can't contribute please. ~Rag
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-02-08 at 09:40 PM.

Some times banks will not allow some charges to be applied to their users cards from sources, or if the information on the account does not match the billing information on the card.
    Case in point. I use my card for WoW subscription and stor purchases without a issue. Go to Blizzcon and can not buy anything from their in convention store. It is not Blizzards end blocking it but my banks as the source for their sale system is seen as a non approved gaming source. Some banks put blocks on sources such as these as.

Not to say it isn't EAs point of sale system but it can also be the end users bank. But alas the same ole forum "Gaaaaaaaa "insert game maker" sucks" works out much better.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

CONFIRMED Way to get past this error!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When trying to add a subscription or cartel points, I was getting the error 9 message and was not able to purchase anything.

Possible Solution to that annoying Purchase Error

If you guys were getting that purchase error to try again after 24 hours, than this is what the solution is for. It appears when you read the steps below, it is tied into saving your credit card details. I had the error for like 2 months now and doing the below steps fixed it. Please note that I already had a debit/credit card on file with updated information before I even started these steps.

1. Select a subscription plan or cartel points you want to buy.

2. Click 'Change' on the 'Verify and Complete' part. DO NOT CLICK "PLACE YOUR ORDER"

3. Delete your saved information (Details become useless due to the error) DELETE your card or paypal or whatever you are using for your payment.

4. Now add a new card/paypal and Complete your card/paypal information and Purchase.

I hope this helps for the majority who has been having issues with purchasing cartel coins/subscription due to that annoying error.

I came back to the game after a break and I was not able to purchase anything, I called support and they couldn't help. If this does not work you can also try getting a Prepaid gaming card from Gamestop/BestBuy/ etc.
    Last edited by pinecone911; 2013-12-31 at 08:18 PM.