Deleted

need help finding a new MMORPG!

ive tried ALOT of free MMORPGs, and the only one i find good is Allods Online. however, due to allods low pop and cash shop i dont want to play it.

the game im looking for doesnt need to be f2p. i´ll gladly pay for it if its a good game!

requirements:
    fantasy genre
    high pop
    custimizable classes
    more races than 1
    movement and camera following like wow and allods

it cannot be:
    diablo-ish camera and movement
    sluggish and non respondant (like ROM, forsaken world, aion, 4story etc.

now, ive checked out RIFT wich seems kinda awesome, but my pc cant handle it im looking for an MMO with lower graphics (like wow basically) that my pc can handle.

is there any game left for me to try??

if you know one that might fit then please post it here! thanx for reading

Deleted
    swtor

thats all you need.

If his PC can't handle Rift, it will likely have problems with SWTOR too.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to video games. Future warning: General Discussion is meant to discuss World of Warcraft, not seek help on choosing another video game. Please select the correct forum in the future

Quote Originally Posted by nimie View Post
    swtor

thats all you need.
    Also not so much part of the "fantasy" genre.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried Lord of the Rings? My computer handles it, and it's a low end computer. It has a bunch of players. It's free so you can try it out and you can also ofcourse pay for it. It had alot of costumisation aswell what I remember.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    try Age Of Conan or Lord of the rings online, both are free to play and worth giving a try!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Otherwise you have this site to check if you want a game that's not dead.

http://mmodata.blogspot.com/

Everquest 2 is now f2p and it is still awesome.

its a old fantastgame that now have became free to play. ithe name is Lineage II. unfortantly its only one EU open server yet , and 3 USA and russian. The part they have make free to play is last edition, Godness of destruction.

U can choose several chars ,and it works like all mmo with lvling and questing, some bossraiding and sieges.

For fantasy.... other then WoW and the original EQ (still has a decent player base from what I have heard) I can't think of any.

I downloaded DCUO (I know not fantasy) when it went f2p and I while I went in expecting maybe an hour or two of fun, I have logged hundreds of hours. If you have not tried this I would give it a look. If you tried it at the beginning also give it another look. From what I have heard it has greatly improved from what it was at the beginning (controls, balance, etc). I know nothing about the PVP but it does seem interesting. Even when I am not in the mood to do any of the alerts/questing/etc I find it oddly soothing to just travel around the large cities looking for collectibles.

I may have to check out Allods. Never heard of it. Is it worth even trying if I am not going to be spending cash (can I progress at all without it)? If so not my thing. DCUO you can spend cash for cosmetic changes, or more character slots, but since you can just create more email addresses for further free accounts who cares. None of this cash shop stuff is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealbinder View Post
    I may have to check out Allods. Never heard of it. Is it worth even trying if I am not going to be spending cash (can I progress at all without it)? If so not my thing.
    I have heard that at some level it becomes exactly that: pay to progress.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Also not so much part of the "fantasy" genre.
    I'm not convinced. I see it as fantasy with some sci-fi mixed in. Much in the same way WoW is fantasy with some crazy mixed in. If you want pure-fantasy, you'll have to play UO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealbinder View Post
    For fantasy.... other then WoW and the original EQ (still has a decent player base from what I have heard) I can't think of any.

I downloaded DCUO (I know not fantasy) when it went f2p and I while I went in expecting maybe an hour or two of fun, I have logged hundreds of hours. If you have not tried this I would give it a look. If you tried it at the beginning also give it another look. From what I have heard it has greatly improved from what it was at the beginning (controls, balance, etc). I know nothing about the PVP but it does seem interesting. Even when I am not in the mood to do any of the alerts/questing/etc I find it oddly soothing to just travel around the large cities looking for collectibles.

I may have to check out Allods. Never heard of it. Is it worth even trying if I am not going to be spending cash (can I progress at all without it)? If so not my thing. DCUO you can spend cash for cosmetic changes, or more character slots, but since you can just create more email addresses for further free accounts who cares. None of this cash shop stuff is needed.

allods is the best f2p MMO ive ever seen or heard of. its extremely polished and i really dont know why it has such a low pop. and about the cash shop, it has stuff that makes ur char better wich is a pity, but i dont know how bad the issue is cus im only lvl 17. however, do check it out its a very polished and almost unbelivable that its f2p!

I will have to check it out at some point.