Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    awww i am kinda tired of all the SWtor hype everywhere...

so tell me guys:
    If this game is actually so great why are you spending precious time in a Forum creating another pointless Posting?

if this game was actually as good as every fanboy keep telling us why do you even take a break from playing?

If this game is as fantastic i hear everywhere i would keep playing it every second and dont wast time to type stuff like this in forums.
    I remember games that chained me to my Screen.. sometimes the dawning Sun was the only thing wich reminded me of the time...

i honestly doubt that the game is as good as everyone thinks... i got several Collegues at work who keep telling me stuff like this too. But they also say that they got bored of one class ans rerolled another. So if you can get bored that quickly within 10 days or so i think it cant be that great.

Even if i am wrong and you have a great time playing it i am very happy for you....

I dont want to hurt anybody nor the forum rules... i just kinda wondering....
    Gotta take a break at some point

Good points Uriel. It almost feels like we're being marketed to, and it's kind of annoying. I get that WoW is old, but what do they do that's so interesting? Haven't really seen anything about it. It's mostly just a bunch of fanboys going OMG THIS IS SO FUN!!!1!!11 and not really explaining what's fun about it, but more what's not fun about WoW.

(I did skim over OP's post though)

If this game is actually so great why are you spending precious time in a Forum creating another pointless Posting?
    if this game was actually as good as every fanboy keep telling us why do you even take a break from playing?
    Well actually YOU are in the wrong place, these forums are SWTOR forums m8
    Why you are here if you don't think SWTOR might be better than wow?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    Good points Uriel. It almost feels like we're being marketed to, and it's kind of annoying. I get that WoW is old, but what do they do that's so interesting? Haven't really seen anything about it. It's mostly just a bunch of fanboys going OMG THIS IS SO FUN!!!1!!11 and not really explaining what's fun about it, but more what's not fun about WoW.

(I did skim over OP's post though)
    Well, I love WoW and I'm really into ToR right now so I'll tell you what's so fun about ToR: IT IS THE SAME GAME AS WOW.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by abysscrystal View Post
    It was good at WOTLK. Since RS it's a joke. Dragons, dragons and dragons. Purple dragons, yellow dragons, blue dragons, REALLY boring. It's not epic at all, it's not evil at all. It's a fairy tale, but you cannot find any evil and dark thing in a fairy tale, cause it's too far from reality.

SWTOR really has that dark feeling, the characters are real badasses, like the Lich King was in WOTLK.
    I find the darkness in SW:ToR to be absolutely hilarious. I enjoy the dark side stuff but it's definitely as cartoony as WoW if not moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Well, I love WoW and I'm really into ToR right now so I'll tell you what's so fun about ToR: IT IS THE SAME GAME AS WOW.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 08:45 PM ----------

I find the darkness in SW:ToR to be absolutely hilarious. I enjoy the dark side stuff but it's definitely as cartoony as WoW if not moreso.
    But I quit WoW because it got to be too much of a pain to play. I got tired of wiping on 1 boss week after week hoping for a good RNG chain or for people to get their heads out of their asses long enough to kill a fucking boss?

I deleted all of my WoW characters and I'm sure Blizzard would love to restore them because they like monies, so why should I go play SWTOR? I don't see any reason to go play it, and that didn't help but it's nice to see an honest answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aman08 View Post
    The game reminds me of the BC days and I'm fucking loving it.

No achievements, titles for specific things you accomplished without some achievement tied to it, server-based community, fresh content, having to travel across huge distances to get anywhere (sounds crazy, but I find this a huge part of the MMO experience)...The game is great.
    I remember doing the initial quests for the Imperial Agent at the end of beta and getting a title without realizing it. Just randomly gave me a title cause I shot some people and turned in a few quests. Lol.

"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

WoW is old. No question about it, but I still have fun. TOR has taken a lot of what WoW did for the genre and grown on it, with very few really interesting additions for me. Its very pretty, the play is smooth, and the story is well thought out and somewhat engaging. My only issue is, after 4 years playing WoW, I'm moderately tired of that, but after more than 30 years of Star Wars I'm REALLY tired of it too.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TWBrien View Post
    I remember doing the initial quests for the Imperial Agent at the end of beta and getting a title without realizing it. Just randomly gave me a title cause I shot some people and turned in a few quests. Lol.
    Something funny about this situation? If you look in your codex for the entry you get for the title in question, the name is "Achievement: Title"

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 08:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EternalCynic View Post
    "If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."

WoW is old. No question about it, but I still have fun. TOR has taken a lot of what WoW did for the genre and grown on it, with very few really interesting additions for me. Its very pretty, the play is smooth, and the story is well thought out and somewhat engaging. My only issue is, after 4 years playing WoW, I'm moderately tired of that, but after more than 30 years of Star Wars I'm REALLY tired of it too.
    Grown on it? I would say the opposite. I would say that ToR feels like WoW from 5 years ago.

Deleted
    if the kids stay in Swtor Wow will die, and the remaining wow players will die from boredom

I had the same experience like OP when I logged back into WOW to say hello to guildies and others i knew. And I couldnt get over how the gfx looked and how much more grindy it felt compared to not SWTOR, but FFXIV Bash the game as much as you like, but nothing can stop me from enjoying it Its got better graphics hands down of all other MMOs, and animations is much more fluid and feels more real. And with each patch pr 2 months, ffxiv keeps on improving alot. Its way better then at launch which is the root for the hatred towards the game it seems.

Ive also written blizzard that they can cancel my wow account, cause all my other friends in it has left for either SWtor or joined my Linkshell (guild) in FFxiv. Ive had fun in WoW for 6 years, but I just felt like a change of scenery.

Hope you all have fun in your MMO of choice

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    I don't find the SW world interesting and WoW has indeed turned into a flaming pile of poo for me too. The people were fun but that was really it. Wrath opened up a whole new breed of casuals that are an insult to the word casual and now with LFR, everything is a loot pinata. I'd be fine with this if they actually put out a lot more raid content but every patch has been buggy and has barely added anything to the game.

~26 in Cata
    ~50 in Wrath
    ~I don't have time to count them in BC

(Doesn't include VOA or TB Bosses)

With all the money they have, they've barely put any serious effort into the game since Wrath for sure. They seem extremely distracted and it's not a surprise given all of what they've got coming out but can't they use the ocean of money they have to hire more workers to at least keep the content flowing out at a respectable rate?
    50 in wrath? Rose coloured glasses much. 12 icc, 5 toc - maly - sarth - 14 ulduar - hallion - 34 plus naxx reloaded which is far removed from 'new content'.

Cata has 28.

Deleted
    I can`t stand wow anymore but this won`t live that long, only ones that will remain after a couple of months will be star wars fans

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto View Post
    50 in wrath? Rose coloured glasses much. 12 icc, 5 toc - maly - sarth - 14 ulduar - hallion - 34 plus naxx reloaded which is far removed from 'new content'.

Cata has 28.
    Whoa whoa there. Tell me where I said that "new and not reused content" line you seem to have found? And if you really want to get technical, Nefarion and Ragnaros aren't exactly "new content" either. I consider Naxx to be one of the worst raids from Wrath for it's obvious rehashing, even though I started WoW in BC. We had pugs doing speed runs on my server.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nefarion and Ragnaros in Cata are absolutely new content because the fights are completely different.

This was not the case with Naxx 2.0. Naxx 2.0 was abominable because it was a more primitive raid shoehorned into a more modern game. Comparing the mechanics of 3D Sarth or Malygos to Kel'thuzad is kind of hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Nefarion and Ragnaros in Cata are absolutely new content because the fights are completely different.

This was not the case with Naxx 2.0. Naxx 2.0 was abominable because it was a more primitive raid shoehorned into a more modern game. Comparing the mechanics of 3D Sarth or Malygos to Kel'thuzad is kind of hilarious.
    The story was generally the same, so more rehashing to me. However, I'm not going to disagree that Naxx was a pretty shitty release raid. Though they definitely made up for it with Ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abysscrystal View Post
    Well actually YOU are in the wrong place, these forums are SWTOR forums m8
    Why you are here if you don't think SWTOR might be better than wow?
    You know i am a guy who likes to look at the latest posting window on the MMO champ Frontpage. Often there are interesting postings or offtopics i wouldnt even look for.
    However it kind of annoys me if 4 or even more or the 7 latest postings are like: "Tor better than wow" - "Love Tor wow Sux" - "Why wow is old compared to tor.." .. you get the point.

I mean is one threat not enough? The title is different but the content is quit the same...

For example there is only one SKyrim Megathreat and other Postings or questions about Skyrim got closed down with the request to post only in the Skyrim Megathreat...
    So im kinda wondering why there is only one Skyrimthreat allowed but hundrets of "Tor is so awesome" Postings?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This game is so amazing omg ! I don't get how people say they can't go back to wow from playing swtor ? Can you honestly not see how similar they are ?

Last edited by Slothanator; 2011-12-23 at 11:31 AM.

You know i am a guy who likes to look at the latest posting window on the MMO champ Frontpage. Often there are interesting postings or offtopics i wouldnt even look for.
    However it kind of annoys me if 4 or even more or the 7 latest postings are like: "Tor better than wow" - "Love Tor wow Sux" - "Why wow is old compared to tor.." .. you get the point.

I mean is one threat not enough? The title is different but the content is quit the same...

For example there is only one SKyrim Megathreat and other Postings or questions about Skyrim got closed down with the request to post only in the Skyrim Megathreat...
    So im kinda wondering why there is only one Skyrimthreat allowed but hundrets of "Tor is so awesome" Postings?
    Because SWTOR has it's own subforum, rather than being placed int he general 'videogames' forum. We can create as many threads as we like.

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slothanator View Post

This game is so amazing omg ! I don't get how people say they can't go back to wow from playing swtor ? Can you honestly not see how similar they are ?

Screenshots of looting a boss is the best you can do? if you even played it for one hour, you would see the huge difference. But its cool, keep being a blind idiot, posting other people's trollish thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to play both, did a DS raid today, but will shortly head back to my 34 juggernaut. So far so good!

This game isn't killing WoW, WoW is killing itself.
    No pandas for me, thanks.