10+ Year Old Account

Queue times got better

Is it just me or did the queues just lessen by a whole lot the past couple days? Did Bioware increase server caps this week? Just this past Sun-Mon, my queues would be atleast a little over 1k now on a friday night its barely over 100, and this is on Swiftsure.. quite possibly the busiest US server.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they increased the roof, think it was Stephen Reid who commented on it on the forums. It's also partially because some people reroll on other servers. It's quite expected to even out after the first rush.

They definitely did. Swiftsure, which is the most populated server, was only very heavy tonight and not full. Couple days ago had 4 hour queues.

yesterday i had my first queue in sw:tor ever. i must be the exception of the rule?

Their servers can hold a lot of people but they just induced articifial pop caps for testing purposes, they wanted to see how the lag was. Obviously it remained fine so they raised the pop cap up much higher.

Deleted
    Much better yes, I generally have 5 minutes queues now as opposed to the 20-30 minute ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    aye, it's gone down to 10/15 mins, WORST case scenario 30 mins, instead of the old 1hr plus, usually 1hr 30 /2hr queues, and last night I got on WITHOUT a queue, was amazing :P
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they issued a statement saying that they were working on decreasing queue times and that we should see a difference soon, although I was quite surprised when it actually happened, so kudos to Bioware.

The Crucible Pits went from 25-35min Friday night queues to less than 10 second queues.

Or maybe people are playing less due to family holidays? i expect ques to be back in 2-3 days

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    Or maybe people are playing less due to family holidays? i expect ques to be back in 2-3 days
    Servers can hold 80-100k players, none of them are even close to 20% of that.

Yea they put artificial level caps on them, my server was full with 200 queues, day later it changed to heavy pop and seemed to be same people on all zones still.