Reforging help! (shadow)

hey everyone I'm just at a point of confusion atm, Ive been hearing mixed thoughts on reforging. Some are saying crit with VPLC, and some are saying mastery. Im mastery atm and pulling about 26k on ultraxion... which is low. heres logs and armory

worldoflogs .com /reports/rt-pqfy1tt2ykrl77z2/sum/damageDone/?s=6805&e=7089

us. battle .net /wow/en/character/twisting-nether/X%C3%A8norz/simple

Hottss, please read stickies before asking common questions.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ide-(by-Kilee)

It's pretty common knowledge that Shadow's most powerful secondary stat is Haste, and that information could be found in quite few threads with a simple Search.

That guide is basic, It doesnt say anything about VPLC or t12 2 peice.

[QUOTE=Kilee25;12026618]Kilee’s Shadow Priest Guide

In this later set of gear, crit rises above mastery because of the tier 12 2-piece bonus and the trinket Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor.

Set Bonus and Other Things

When looking at the Guild Ox Gear Lists, keep the following in mind.

Tier 11 2p - adds 150pp
    Tier 11 4p - adds 70pp
    Tier 12 2p - adds 288pp, increases Crit by .03pp
    Tier 12 4p - adds 170pp
    Tier 13 2p - adds 170pp
    Tier 13 4p - adds 194pp, increases Mastery by .05pp

Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor - increases Crit by .02PP

Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    Arg you're also reforging out of Haste...
    People look at reforging in a per item basis which is a bad way to do it. Reforging out of haste on one item may let you reforge out of hit/spirit to a greater degree on another item while maintaining the hit cap. Using a tool like wowreforge will allow you to maximise your reforgings.

There is also an argument that haste that puts you over a haste breakpoint is severely devalued, I for one have decided to go with haste only until the highest possible haste break point and decide to turn the remaining haste into crit/mastery.

To simply look that someone has reforged haste to something isn't indicitive of them not maximising haste.

Reforging out of haste and into mastery with 4 peice t13 can be beneficial if you have just broken a haste breakpoint; maybe even regardless of haste breakpoints.

I've ran multiple simcrafts with mastery reforging and everything I've done has told me mastery>haste>=crit for my gear right now. Currently I'm at 33% haste (breakpoint) with haste reforged to mastery above that point

Well seeing as he's talking about 2p t12, I doubt any of that is relevant. Interesting, but not relevant.

Oh, I didn't look at his gear =/

I think its viable to reforge after you reach later haste breakpoints no matter what gear you are in, though

Sure, and even that can depend on having DI, certain Haste enchants, etc. The OP didn't do much in the way of explaining any sort of understanding of those concepts. So, meh... He probably got what he came for...

Deleted
    For a lot of people with 2589 Haste, T12 2pc and VLPC, Crit is simming highest.

Personally, I'm currently reforging like this: Hit Cap > Haste (to reach 2589) > Crit > Haste (past 2589) > Mastery.

It's pretty negligible though. You will atleast want to stack Haste up to 2589 (unless you have Dark Intent) and after then, your other secondary stats will become very close.

That's what I'm showing up at the moment anyway.

Edit: Just in case I didn't make it clear enough, you do not want to be reforging everything into Crit or Mastery. The debates about Crit vs Mastery that you've been seeing are talking about when you're at certain Haste levels or what's best after Haste.