Hard drive questions..

Hello!
    2 questions about hard drives.
    I currently got a 5200 RPM 2 TB hard drive in my computer, Windows installed to it and all. I got a 160 GB 7200 RPM drive from my friend for free. If I want to install Windows on the 7200 RPM, do I have to format the 5200 RPM HD first, or can I just install Windows on the 7200 RPM and leave Windows on 5200 RPM?

Also, is it dangerous/will it cause damage to hard drive if I leave it lying on the bottom of computer? Kinda hard to explain but there's.. "parts" missing which hold the hard drive in my computer. So if I want both plugged in I have to keep either on the bottom of computer.

Thanks in advance

You can install Windows again on the smaller drive, just take the big disc out while doing it if you dont want the other installation in boot menu. 160GB disc is so small that it's probably very old and wont be much faster than the new 5200rpm disc. Worth a try though.

You can leave the HDD just lying there if you want to. Biggest problem is vibration when it's not attached anywhere which causes noise and will lower the lifespan of the disc.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Okay thanks. I'm not completely sure how old the hard drive is, found a review from 2007, it's Western Digital WD1600AAJS hard drive.

I might have to figure out something to attach the hd somewhere in my case..

Thick double sided tape should work. Will attach the HDD at the bottom of the case and kill most of the vibration. It just might pop out if you tip the computer over while moving it (which is also problem when HDD is completely unattached).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Thanks for the tip, gotta see if I have any left