FPS Boost/Fix For AMD Phenom Processors (quad-core)

I have an older Phenom 9100e processor. I have always wondered why my FPS is so low; I bought a nice graphics card recently and updated my RAM. Long story short there was an update deployed to fix a bug in the Phenoms that causes massive CPU bottlenecking, negatively affecting WoW's/other game's performance. In turn, the update fixed a bug at the cost of CPU performance. Disabling this fix drastically increased my FPS.

I have tried many things to increase my FPS, and this is the ONLY THING that has ever worked.

Basically if you run Vista/7 and you have a phenom QUAD-CORE processor, read this:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...ur-phenom.html

Scroll down to the "With full credit to Sam2008 the following instructions are how to dig yourself out of the mire.
    Programs to download:" to skip all the explanation.

Make sure you set the task scheduler to run the program every time you start up. You can literally enable the fix again mid-game to see the FPS-loss, then re-enable it.

Happy gaming

this has helped out a lot! thank you very much for posting about this, boosted my fps by almost 100% on some games

Quote Originally Posted by Linkcube View Post
    this has helped out a lot! thank you very much for posting about this, boosted my fps by almost 100% on some games
    Not sure if trolling or double account but this fix has been present on Windows since the update was launched so this thread is a bit pointless.

Not sure if trolling
    Not trolling, might be stupid :P I accidently did the remove patch thing before trying a baseline test, but compared to with the patch fps went from ~60 to ~120. If what you say is true, then I'm still pretty happy that I didn't have to deal with that patch then

What CPU are you on?

I tried on my PII 955 and disabling did nothing but enabling it reduced my fps in half and crippled my whole PC.
    Been reading more on this and:

a) Only works on the 9XXX phenom (I) family
    b) Some motherboards have this option already inbued
    c) Windows 7 has a fix imbued aswell
    d) Problem was actually on Vista

Deleted
    I can't even launch this shit on my PII 965

It carried over to Windows 7, IDK read the post. Helped me, if it doesn't, was worth a shot. No need to be an ass

I do not what Phenom's were all affected, I just know it worked for me on Windows 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbliss View Post
    What CPU are you on?

I tried on my PII 955
    Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    I can't even launch this shit on my PII 965
    That's because it's made for the original generation Phenoms.

Fuzzeekee
    I just want to comment and say I have a B3 stepping 9950...

This is so crazy man wowww! YEARS AGO...I was going to buy a B2 stepping one like the OP has, but I went for a newer one! I heard about this patch and the problems with the phenom first gen b2 stepping...I feel so bad for you guys I know how it feels to have one of those things! It's not really much different from mine... They suck so much power and give off so much heat. And it's so punishing!