Endgame not fun w/o good and stable guild

I dont know if Im just unlucky, but i cant see endgame. Main reason is that I cant find guild who play on level im at now.
    When I was gear-ready for EV/KP HM, my guild of 50 memebers fell apart due to Diablo 3 came out. Ppl just didnt log on anymore, there were only 3 of us. We waited and waited for others to come back and then decided to find another guild.

I was gearing for Denova raid, but new guild didnt need my melee dps or my healer for raids. I waited and waited to get a spot and then GW2 came, and this guild stopped raiding with only 4-5 ppl left online. Again others stopped logging in.
    Tried asking other guilds, but they were all at Denova Hm level, and i thought I need to learn from story modes to get to HM denova, so again im guildless.
    If at least there is group finder option for denova sm, but bw didnt implement it.

Since I dont PVP and cant see endgame, story mode at least, only whats left was leveling new char. Leveling in ToR for 1st toon is best part of the game for me, but leveling a 3rd toon with same linear progress of planets doesnt feel very refreshing.

In one month there will be MoP coming out and Im afraid it will hurt ToR a lot and my chances to see endgame due to more ppl leaving for MoP.
    I feel im stuck in the game I love, with no chances of progress my main char and i dont see any light in the horizon.

Anyone in same situation with some advice?

Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    I dont know if Im just unlucky, but i cant see endgame. Main reason is that I cant find guild who play on level im at now.
    When I was gear-ready for EV/KP HM, my guild of 50 memebers fell apart due to Diablo 3 came out. Ppl just didnt log on anymore, there were only 3 of us. We waited and waited for others to come back and then decided to find another guild.

I was gearing for Denova raid, but new guild didnt need my melee dps or my healer for raids. I waited and waited to get a spot and then GW2 came, and this guild stopped raiding with only 4-5 ppl left online. Again others stopped logging in.
    Tried asking other guilds, but they were all at Denova Hm level, and i thought I need to learn from story modes to get to HM denova, so again im guildless.
    If at least there is group finder option for denova sm, but bw didnt implement it.

Since I dont PVP and cant see endgame, story mode at least, only whats left was leveling new char. Leveling in ToR for 1st toon is best part of the game for me, but leveling a 3rd toon with same linear progress of planets doesnt feel very refreshing.

In one month there will be MoP coming out and Im afraid it will hurt ToR a lot and my chances to see endgame due to more ppl leaving for MoP.
    I feel im stuck in the game I love, with no chances of progress my main char and i dont see any light in the horizon.

Thnx
    find a new guild.
    or
    form a group in trade chat.
    or
    run heroics and befriend new people.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    find a new guild.
    or
    form a group in trade chat.
    or
    run heroics and befriend new people.
    New guild? All 5 of them ive been in fell apart when new games came on.
    Group in trade chat? I cant lead raid since i have no experience there
    Heroic? doing them every day and ppl are usually silent, waiting to get thru it as fast as poss, not to mention talk

New guild? All 5 of them ive been in fell apart when new games came on.
    Group in trade chat? I cant lead raid since i have no experience there
    Heroic? doing them every day and ppl are usually silent, waiting to get thru it as fast as poss, not to mention talk
    Find a 6th guild.
    Watch youtube videos to learn all the fights.
    If they are silent, then you have to be the one who starts talking to them.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I hear ya, OP. Guilds are run by people, and people are fickle creatures. And I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who play WoW are gamers (I know several who aren't), and they aren't gonna stay with playing just one game. You just kinda have to do the best you can. Myself, I've been in approximately...lemme see if I can count, here. I'd say 7 or 8 guilds since Wrath. I forget how many in BC, I just remember that when Wrath started, I got in a guild with my cousins.

Anyway, shit happens man. I had a guild disband because the GM and the raid leader were dating, and split up. The whole guild got disbanded from that whirlwind. It's not right, it's unfair, and it pisses me off at times. But it's a game, and there are plenty of other guilds out there. Just make sure you're putting yourself out there and making it known that you're looking for a guild that does what you want to do.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    I hear ya, OP. Guilds are run by people, and people are fickle creatures. And I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who play WoW are gamers (I know several who aren't), and they aren't gonna stay with playing just one game. You just kinda have to do the best you can. Myself, I've been in approximately...lemme see if I can count, here. I'd say 7 or 8 guilds since Wrath. I forget how many in BC, I just remember that when Wrath started, I got in a guild with my cousins.

Anyway, shit happens man. I had a guild disband because the GM and the raid leader were dating, and split up. The whole guild got disbanded from that whirlwind. It's not right, it's unfair, and it pisses me off at times. But it's a game, and there are plenty of other guilds out there. Just make sure you're putting yourself out there and making it known that you're looking for a guild that does what you want to do.
    lol this is EXACTLY the same thing happened in my wow days.
    I feel for ya OP as well my guild just DROPPED outta existence and i was stuck in non guild limbo for 3 months but got lcky. just keep trying dude

Thnx
    Not to echo the other posters, but keep trying.

I assume you're on one of the Destination servers at this point because I think everyone either is by now or will be soon. On my server (Pot5), there are literally CONSTANT PUG groups running EC SM and EC HM, in addition to things like NiM/HM KP & EV, NiP, etc. You've gotta jump in one of those groups and get yourself some experience.

If you get into a raid for the first time, be honest with the raid at the first boss, and let them know that you don't know the fight but are willing to learn quickly. Then do it.

On Pot5, there are also guilds constantly recruiting for both PvP and PvE endgame.

If you can't find SOMETHING out of all of that, my guess is one of three things: 1) you may not be trying hard enough, 2) you may not fit in very well, i.e, weird work hours and can't stick with a guild's raid schedule, or 3) you've made an ass out of yourself ingame and no one will join/invite you. You seem nice enough, I hope it's not the latter.

Finally, I would tend to agree with you that Endgame is not fun without being able to do Endgame. That's why my top priority has been to find a good guild (which I have and am extremely happy with). I wouldn't play without being able to raid on a weekly basis. If that's your intention as well, you need to make it your #1 priority to be knowledgeable, geared, and to show that you have something to contribute to the group.

Most guilds are always looking for good players - not always the most geared, etc... but for good players. HOWEVER, they're not going to go out of their way to find the guy who is always sitting on Belsavis doing dailies and gathering. Help them help you by being visible, active, and a contributor.

What server are you on? What class do you play? If you are a tank, you will have an easy time finding PUGs, but a hard time finding guilds...
    Last edited by iceberg265; 2012-08-31 at 03:06 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was in the same boat as you. I was in three guilds and kept leaving to play other games myself. This last time I came back I found a great guild and it really does make the difference for the raid experience. It's like a whole different, and better, game to me.

Sometimes finding a guild is just sheer luck. If things aren't going your way, you have to step out of your shell and make a guild on your own. Start running randoms all the time and invite people who need a guild. It's a careful science, but the only way to ensure you're giving it a shot. If you can't find a guild, make one.

As far as leading raids, if you want to raid then you need to step up as well. Getting out of your comfort zone normally helps teach you to be ab better player. If it's something you absolutely want no part of, then you might want to reroll on a different server or not play for a while.

This is true of any game. You need a good guild to experience good content and have fun doing it. Sure there are PuGs for most stuff once it isn't the most current anymore, but to me that isn't as fun as running it when it first comes out, with a group of people I am familiar with and play with often. I think that is one of the reasons I could not get into SWTOR, the guild I joined at launch sucked balls, and before the transfers, there just wasn't much there recruiting on my server. I ended up going to Rift with some people I played WoW with years ago, joined their guild and am having a blast. I was also really lucky in WoW. I was in the same guild in WoW for over 5 years. It's really the only thing that kept the game alive for me after Cata came out.

So knowing that having a good guild makes the game great is only half the battle. You really do need to work hard to find a good guild. Knowing the signs of a crappy guild and things to look out for make a difference. In my experience, you may find a decent guild in-game, but the great ones you find online. You search around forums and online and find a guild that makes it's players register on a website and fill out an App. This weeds out lazier players and depending on the questions asked makes sure people that get in are a good fit for the guild. Normally I will never join a guild that just spams chat, or randomly invites people looking for a guild in chat, as those are the ones that tend to have drama and usually fall apart.

Others have given good advice too, talk to people you group with, be active on your server. If others aren't talking, you have to. You have to get to know people. If you were in a run, and noticed 2-3 of the other people are in the same guild, talk to them, ask them if they are recruiting. Ask people in every run you are in if their guild is recruiting. Look around on forums. Also, consider looking at a guild that is running Denova HM. Just because that is where they are progressing does not mean they do not run other stuff. They may farm older content for a specific peice someone never got or do alt runs that you could go along to. Once they get to know you, and you get some gear, they may invite you to the later stuff if someone doesn't show up. If not, well, you made some friends and got some gear and are now ready to look for a guild that will bring you along. Be sure and add those friends you make to your friends list. Talk to them once in a while. Maybe they leave to a new guild and can get you in with them. It's about networking. You can't sit in your bubble and hope to be brought along unless you are a super exceptional player.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did I join a great guild? I worked to become great at what I do. Its not hard since there are so many helpful guides, videos, and players. After that all it took was messaging the guild master and getting a trial. Just assert yourself. Being passive and going with the flow doesn't build recognition.