Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    i really cant understand why mmo companies cant incorporate their own versions of the most useful addons into the game
    Because their publishers force the game out the door early. They can start collecting money and hopefully add the features post release if the game isn't a bust.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by gerdts View Post
    It is pretty apparent you are casual and not skilled.

I'd rather have a main healer than an alt any day.
    There is class filtering in every game...WOW Especially, and yes you obviously havent played level 50 in SWTOR yet enough to notice the class imbalance.
    How can you not figure out your rotation...It's pretty simple if you factor in GCD's Procs and damage of Spells etc. Obviously you will wait for someone to spoon feed you a rotation...
    In my experience, the best players I've ever run into are those that care about performing as well as their character is capable of. The ones who actually sit in front of target dummies and test different things. Healers who care about all the little things that add-ons can surface in the UI like curable debuffs, duration of HoTs, etc.

The ones who brag about being super awesome but who are afraid you can see how little DPS or the poor spell choices they're using in an add-on are typically pretty bad players.

Oh, and anyone who thinks eyeballing tooltips allows you to create the perfect rotation is almost definitely a bad player. Did you notice some of the fixes Bioware is releasing in the next big patch are due to some tooltips being inaccurate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    To be honest after i hit 50 and run some heroics and i have close look on the raids I can say 1 thing 6-10 months after this game start losin subs ... You ask why ?? Well lets see first HC all the items that trop there look exacly the same have almost the same stats no mether whot hc youre doin so jou can just do 1 and thats enugh..... Second after you done with the quests you have apsolutly nothing to do no events no nothing , Spendin 2 h to find a group for an instance is a Joke .This game sure is Greate but not for long Bio need to move faster right now SWTOR is 2 yrs byhind WoW .
    whats so different than wow now, once you hit 50 you can pvp, do OPs, collect all the datacrons, finish unfinished quests, do dailies for some more creds and epic mods, finish finding all the lore locations and finish up your codex, wow is pretty much the same pvp,raids, dailies and acheivements.

yes SWTOR needs some fine tuning but its only just been out a short while and it will continue to improve while wow stays the same, BW have many things they can do, add more planets in the future, evolve space combat further, more class quests, more OPs etc, while wow is still doing good it will continue to lose players as for me it is just completely boring and brings no excitement whatsoever.

the main test in SWTOR is what its like in 6 months where most of the fine tuning should be ironed out by then and just the need for more content and things to do will be on the cards.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Because their publishers force the game out the door early. They can start collecting money and hopefully add the features post release if the game isn't a bust.
    well thats electronic arts for you lol, i personally despise electronic arts and everything theyve done since the end of the sega megadrive era (showin the age now "cough" lol) and wish theyd die a orrible death the greedy fifa spammin mofos ;p
    i only got this game cos of bioware and starwars so i just pretend EA dont exist. this is the only EA game ive ever bought !! (i dont play other games tho as i dont got the time, so ive gone from wow to tor lol)
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

I understand the UI and what they have done so far. but my main issue is the use of addons like a threat meter dps meter (ie) recount or skada type addons that help you to advance your skills. i have a warrior on the imperial side and I have a really hard time holding threat mostly due to the fact i have no idea how high my threat is compared to the dps in the group. that is the only reason i am not raiding black hole i dont like my healers getting pwned because i didnt get enough threat on a npc in the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by DTFR View Post
    I understand the UI and what they have done so far. but my main issue is the use of addons like a threat meter dps meter (ie) recount or skada type addons that help you to advance your skills. i have a warrior on the imperial side and I have a really hard time holding threat mostly due to the fact i have no idea how high my threat is compared to the dps in the group. that is the only reason i am not raiding black hole i dont like my healers getting pwned because i didnt get enough threat on a npc in the mob.
    Did you necro this without knowing that swtor has recount and that tank threat was doubled last patch?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Did you necro this without knowing that swtor has recount and that tank threat was doubled last patch?
    Two words for you HK, that I believe will answer your question:

One post.