Deleted

[TV] What's next?

Me being a fan of DEXTER, NCIS, NCISLos Angelesand House, am looking for a new interesting show to watch.
    Are there any serials which you think are worth watching? (Canceled or still running)

If possible, please give me a Trailer vid with your suggestion.

Thanks alot

Following Dexter, you could easily go with the other great Showtime shows.
    Homeland, Weeds, The Big C, Californication, Shameless US version, Secret Diary of a Call Girl
    HBO Shows are also good and somewhat along the same vein as Showtime shows.
    True Blood, Big Love.... that's all I can really watched from HBO.

Umm... Shows like NCIS, do you like NCIS because of the detectives or the .... CSI type stuff? Labwork and such. If labwork the CSI series.
    If detective, go with the other USA shows!
    Law and Order SVU/CI are both good. Monk. Those are the detective shows I watched on USA.
    Other USA shows I really enjoyed are:
    Covert Affairs, White Collar, Psych, Royal Pains, Necessary Roughness, In Plain Sight, Fairly Legal

Also, Castle. It's amazing.

Umm... I don't really know what else to suggest, because I'm not sure on your tastes exactly. I could always post up my favorite shows, if you want.

Breaking Bad (from AMC) is the first show that comes to mind after seeing that mix of shows. (I'd assume you want one with a couple seasons to catch up on.)

Castle's a great detective show with very quirky murders that might strike your fancy.

Deleted
    Instead of listing the shows you like, why don't you tell us what type of shows you enjoy/are looking for, that would make things much easier.

Some suggestions to get you going:

NAME: Firefly (2002-2003) CANCELED [but there is a movie, Serenity, which you can watch to tie some loose ends]
    PLOT:Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small, spacecraft tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them.
    TRAILER: click (couldn't find the official trailer or one that doesn't contain spoilers)

NAME: Game of Thrones (2011-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros.
    TRAILER: click

NAME: Breaking Bad (2008-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Informed he has terminal cancer, an underachieving chemistry genius turned high school chemistry teacher turns to using his expertise in chemistry to provide a legacy for his family... by producing the world's highest quality crystal meth.

NAME: The Wire (2002-2008) FINISHED
    PLOT: Baltimore drug scene, seen through the eyes of drug dealers, and law enforcement.

NAME: Carnivale (2003-2005) CANCELED
    PLOT: During the Great Depression, an Oklahoma farm boy and a charismatic minister learn that they are key players in a proxy war being fought between Heaven and Hell.

NAME: Boardwalk Empire (2010-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Chronicles the life and times of Nucky Thompson, the undisputed ruler of Atlantic City, who was equal parts politician and gangster.

NAME: Justified (2010-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Old-school U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens is reassigned from Miami to his childhood home in the poor, rural coal-mining towns in Eastern Kentucky.

NAME: Twin Peaks (1990-1991) FINISHED [There is a movie (prequel) you can watch afterwards, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.]
    PLOT:An idiosyncratic FBI Agent investigates the murder of a young woman in the even more idiosyncratic town of Twin Peaks.
    TRAILER: click [the quality of the trailer sucks, the show is amazing though]

NAME: Mad Men (2007-) RUNNING
    PLOT: A drama about one of New York's most prestigious ad agencies at the beginning of the 1960s, focusing on one of the firm's most mysterious but extremely talented ad executives, Donald Draper.

NAME: Six Feet Under (2001-2005) FINISHED [Michael C. Hall, the guy who plays Dexter, is in this show]
    PLOT: A drama series that takes a darkly comical look at members of a dysfunctional California family that runs an independent funeral home.

NAME: Oz (1997-2003) FINISHED
    PLOT: A series chronicling the daily activities of an unusual prison facility and its criminal inhabitants.
    TRAILER: couldn't find a good one, sorry. The show is great though.

NAME: Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009) FINISHED
    PLOT: After losing the war against the Cylon robots, the Battlestar Galactica crew speed toward the fabled 13th colony, Earth. Galactica Commander Adama and President Laura Roslin face waning supplies, crushed morale, ... and the credible threat Cylons aboard the ship.

NAME: Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000) CANCELED
    PLOT: A television show about two unique groups of teenagers dealing with life in high school during the 80's.

NAME: The Sopranos (1999-2007) FINISHED
    PLOT: Modern day morality tale about New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano, as he deals with personal and professional issues in his home and business life.

NAME: Castle (2009-) RUNNING
    PLOT: After a serial killer imitates the plots of his novels, successful mystery novelist Richard "Rick" Castle gets permission from the Mayor of New York City to tag along with an NYPD homicide investigation team for research purposes.

That's it for now. I hope you find something you like. If you post exactly what you are looking for I can give you more specific suggestions. (list what you like about a show, the genre, comedy or more serious etc.)

Deleted
    What i'm looking for is a show, which has, Comedy,Action, and some exciting plots, which keeps you speculating untill you watch the new season/episode. Also i will be watching Castle, as you guys say its worth watching . I will look at your list, Nektar. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Zergegh View Post
    What i'm looking for is a show, which has, Comedy,Action, and some exciting plots, which keeps you speculating untill you watch the new season/episode. Also i will be watching Castle, as you guys say its worth watching . I will look at your list, Nektar. Thank you
    You should definitely check out my list.
    There are several that are just comedies and not action. But most the things I listed have some action in them and are comedy.

Weeds, Californication, Sons of Anarchy.

The West Wing, The Wire, and the Shield for cancelled shows for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Instead of listing the shows you like, why don't you tell us what type of shows you enjoy/are looking for, that would make things much easier.

Some suggestions to get you going:

NAME: Firefly (2002-2003) CANCELED [but there is a movie, Serenity, which you can watch to tie some loose ends]
    PLOT:Five hundred years in the future, a renegade crew aboard a small, spacecraft tries to survive as they travel the unknown parts of the galaxy and evade warring factions as well as authority agents out to get them.
    TRAILER: click (couldn't find the official trailer or one that doesn't contain spoilers)

NAME: Game of Thrones (2011-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Seven noble families fight for control of the mythical land of Westeros.

NAME: Breaking Bad (2008-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Informed he has terminal cancer, an underachieving chemistry genius turned high school chemistry teacher turns to using his expertise in chemistry to provide a legacy for his family... by producing the world's highest quality crystal meth.

NAME: The Wire (2002-2008) FINISHED
    PLOT: Baltimore drug scene, seen through the eyes of drug dealers, and law enforcement.

NAME: Carnivale (2003-2005) CANCELED
    PLOT: During the Great Depression, an Oklahoma farm boy and a charismatic minister learn that they are key players in a proxy war being fought between Heaven and Hell.

NAME: Boardwalk Empire (2010-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Chronicles the life and times of Nucky Thompson, the undisputed ruler of Atlantic City, who was equal parts politician and gangster.

NAME: Justified (2010-) RUNNING
    PLOT: Old-school U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens is reassigned from Miami to his childhood home in the poor, rural coal-mining towns in Eastern Kentucky.

NAME: Twin Peaks (1990-1991) FINISHED [There is a movie (prequel) you can watch afterwards, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.]
    PLOT:An idiosyncratic FBI Agent investigates the murder of a young woman in the even more idiosyncratic town of Twin Peaks.
    TRAILER: click [the quality of the trailer sucks, the show is amazing though]

NAME: Mad Men (2007-) RUNNING
    PLOT: A drama about one of New York's most prestigious ad agencies at the beginning of the 1960s, focusing on one of the firm's most mysterious but extremely talented ad executives, Donald Draper.

NAME: Six Feet Under (2001-2005) FINISHED [Michael C. Hall, the guy who plays Dexter, is in this show]
    PLOT: A drama series that takes a darkly comical look at members of a dysfunctional California family that runs an independent funeral home.

NAME: Oz (1997-2003) FINISHED
    PLOT: A series chronicling the daily activities of an unusual prison facility and its criminal inhabitants.
    TRAILER: couldn't find a good one, sorry. The show is great though.

NAME: Battlestar Galactica (2004-2009) FINISHED
    PLOT: After losing the war against the Cylon robots, the Battlestar Galactica crew speed toward the fabled 13th colony, Earth. Galactica Commander Adama and President Laura Roslin face waning supplies, crushed morale, ... and the credible threat Cylons aboard the ship.

NAME: Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000) CANCELED
    PLOT: A television show about two unique groups of teenagers dealing with life in high school during the 80's.

NAME: The Sopranos (1999-2007) FINISHED
    PLOT: Modern day morality tale about New Jersey mob boss Tony Soprano, as he deals with personal and professional issues in his home and business life.

NAME: Castle (2009-) RUNNING
    PLOT: After a serial killer imitates the plots of his novels, successful mystery novelist Richard "Rick" Castle gets permission from the Mayor of New York City to tag along with an NYPD homicide investigation team for research purposes.

That's it for now. I hope you find something you like. If you post exactly what you are looking for I can give you more specific suggestions. (list what you like about a show, the genre, comedy or more serious etc.)

This is really very good, it should be stickied and added too imo--

Docter Who is always a good choice.
    traveling trough time and space!

Deleted
    Supernatural, supernatural and supernatural you wont regret watching it because it is the most badass show and there is high risk of getting addicted to it. Currently running on 7th season.

It has action, comedy and very exiting plot that keeps you interested all the time

Deleted
    Supernatural is a pretty good series. I've recently started watching Fringe and Breaking Bad and both have seemed pretty good so far.

Deleted
    True Blood is simply amazing! 100% worth watching.
    I would also recommend The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, and Generation Kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    This is really very good, it should be stickied and added too imo--
    Many of those shows are already represented in our index.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...on-Media-Index