Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Insane Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    15,769

    Patch 3.2 : Rise of the Emperor - Live

    Find out more info here: http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/rise-of-the-emperor

    - New Feature: Outfit Designer
    - New Planet: Ziost
    - Numerous travel improvements including no cooldown quick travel with legacy buffs

    As a note, the 12x XP buff is active May 4th. Apparently it ends in the Fall. http://www.swtor.com/may-the-fourth

    Here is a run down from Eric:

    Originally Posted by SWTOR

    Great question, I thought it might be a good idea to spell out some of the improvements that are a part of the Epic Story XP Boost. A lot of these changes can be found in the 3.2 patch notes which can be found here. Also, since I love bulleted lists, I am going to give you one those:
    • The Epic Story XP Boost applies to the Class Missions of each class in the core game. In Rise of the Hutt Cartel it applies to the main story mission for each Faction.
    • Each Class Mission now rewards far more Basic Commendations than before, which is a great way to stay geared as you level.
    • There have been a ton of improvements to make travel easier (I will list them shortly).
    Here are some of the relevant patch notes surrounding the Epic Story XP Boost:
    • All Class Missions that previously rewarded 1 or 2 Basic Commendations now reward 8 Basic Commendations.
    • The Planetary Modification and Equipment Vendors have gone through a large rework: The vendor's stocks have been adjusted to have a better variety of Modifications at a lower Commendation cost. In addition, the title of the NPCs has been changed to reflect the level of the items they sell.
    • All Taxi Destinations are now available to all players.
    • All Quick Travel Bind Points within a map region are now automatically discovered when the region is revealed.
    • The cooldown on the Quick Travel ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 6 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 26 minutes.
    • The Legacy Travel I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Quick Travel ability by 2 additional minutes each.
    • The cooldown on the Emergency Fleet Pass ability has been reduced. For Subscribers and Preferred players the cooldown is now 90 minutes, and for Free-To-Play players the cooldown is now 180 minutes.
    • The Legacy Fleet Pass I, II, and III unlocks now reduce the cooldown of the Emergency Fleet Pass ability by 30 additional minutes each.
    • The base cooldown on the Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy Perk has been reduced to 6 minutes. Each Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship unlock will reduce that cooldown by an additional 2 minutes.
    As you can see, travel, especially with Legacy Perks is now much easier . I hope this wall of text makes the whole Epic Story XP Boost thing a bit simpler!

    -eric
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2015-04-28 at 06:29 PM.
    BAD WOLF

  2. #2
    Well damnit, now I'm going to have to try to find time to patch and login tonight/tomorrow -_-

  3. #3
    The Insane Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    15,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well damnit, now I'm going to have to try to find time to patch and login tonight/tomorrow -_-
    Yeah same. I kept it installed after I finished the Revan story because there was nothing much to do, but I always have to jump back in for a new segment of story. I edited my post a couple of times after conflicting info re 12x XP. It still doesn't start until May 4th, so you may want to wait. Lasts until the fall though.
    BAD WOLF

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah same. I kept it installed after I finished the Revan story because there was nothing much to do, but I always have to jump back in for a new segment of story. I edited my post a couple of times after conflicting info re 12x XP. It still doesn't start until May 4th, so you may want to wait. Lasts until the fall though.
    I still haven't picked up SoR yet, so this would mainly just be for the travel related features etc.

  5. #5
    The Insane Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    15,769
    Yeah...being a subscriber and having all the legacy perks is instant travel anywhere. All the things besides quick travel aren't really needed as you can already hop to a stronghold from anywhere and then go from your stronghold to your ship or to the fleet with no cooldown on any of it, but it's still nice to see such a radical change of ideology from how they introduced themselves with F2P.

    It's like now that they have money they realize they can actually reward people instead of punishing them. I approve.
    BAD WOLF

  6. #6
    Yea gonna need to patch up myself and play around with the Outfit Designer (Super excited about this), and get my leveling armors/mods ready to abuse some 12x XP

  7. #7
    The Insane Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    15,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Uproot View Post
    Yea gonna need to patch up myself and play around with the Outfit Designer (Super excited about this), and get my leveling armors/mods ready to abuse some 12x XP
    The awesome part is the new class quests planetary comms. Should be a lot easier to keep geared up if you don't want to spend lots of time on alts crafting. Granted if you've been playing for a while it's likely no problem, but last time it was rough for characters to stay geared enough to compete with the class quests. I had a couple of spots, but just used the GTN to keep it rolling.
    BAD WOLF

  8. #8
    Man, patching is always so slow for TOR for me.

  9. #9
    After trying it I have to say travel anywhere without cooldown coupled with all taxi destination unlocked is even more amazing than I thought it'll be for leveling. Really you have to experience it to understand

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    The awesome part is the new class quests planetary comms. Should be a lot easier to keep geared up if you don't want to spend lots of time on alts crafting. Granted if you've been playing for a while it's likely no problem, but last time it was rough for characters to stay geared enough to compete with the class quests. I had a couple of spots, but just used the GTN to keep it rolling.
    Been playing awhile, have sets of purple armorings, mods, and enhancements for roughly every 5-9 lvls. Just pass em around in my BoL sets. I'm a terrible alt-o-holic and that system made it so much easier for me.

  11. #11
    The Insane Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    15,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    After trying it I have to say travel anywhere without cooldown coupled with all taxi destination unlocked is even more amazing than I thought it'll be for leveling. Really you have to experience it to understand
    One of TERA's sub perks is a travel system this open as well as being able to bind points over the world to immediately return to. It was pretty rad. Glad to see SWTOR with something equivalent.
    BAD WOLF

  12. #12
    This is the greatest patch for I can finally fulfill my dreams of being a Jedi Pirate:




    All MMOs please steal this if you don't have already!

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberrict View Post
    This is the greatest patch for I can finally fulfill my dreams of being a Jedi Pirate:

    All MMOs please steal this if you don't have already!
    I already saved like 3 or 4 outfits on my main. One red, one blue, one green, one black xD
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/razaelsilva
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

  14. #14
    Dreadlord Ryas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    760
    Kind of sad to find out that only a part of it came out today. Once you get to a certain quest, the rest isn't being released til Monday, May 4th in celebration of Star Wars day. It was fun up to that point then I got bummed out.
    After 10 years, I've finally put down WoW for good. It was a good run.
    Playing SWTOR again. Get 7 days free: http://www.swtor.com/r/JRHJkx

  15. #15
    The Insane Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    15,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Kind of sad to find out that only a part of it came out today. Once you get to a certain quest, the rest isn't being released til Monday, May 4th in celebration of Star Wars day. It was fun up to that point then I got bummed out.
    Ahh boo. I didn't catch that in the notes. I'm glad I only stopped after the first two quests then. Saw the story setup, then told myself I would wait until closer to the 4th anyways. I'll reactivate right around that time, finish up the new story then rock out an alt or two. It looks like the story is going to be pretty epic.
    BAD WOLF

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk Sills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    Kind of sad to find out that only a part of it came out today. Once you get to a certain quest, the rest isn't being released til Monday, May 4th in celebration of Star Wars day. It was fun up to that point then I got bummed out.
    Yeah I was kinda bummed about that too but the story that we could complete was amazing, so I'm really looking forward to seeing it continue! Also, I think I would've consumed the entire storyline in one night anyway so I like that I can sit back, take a breath and think about what's going on before continuing.

    Also I love that we get the Outfit Designer. I can finally make my Sorc. look like the badass Sith she is. I knew it was a good idea to horde all of those old items xD

  17. #17
    The outfit designer kind of ruins the coolness of custom gear. It's neat, though.

  18. #18
    Checked out the wardrobe system (after not knowing much or doing much research) and found out it's basically Rift's old wardrobe system. A nice improvement for sure, but I don't think it's enough to get me to dump a ton of time into this just yet. I'll keep it on the back burner for now.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    The outfit designer kind of ruins the coolness of custom gear. It's neat, though.
    What coolness and how exactly did it ruin it?

    All it did was removed the massive fuck around that was re-augmenting any piece of gear that looked good just to be able to use it. This feature beats all other "gear customization" in Swtor.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Checked out the wardrobe system (after not knowing much or doing much research) and found out it's basically Rift's old wardrobe system. A nice improvement for sure, but I don't think it's enough to get me to dump a ton of time into this just yet. I'll keep it on the back burner for now.
    Yeah it is nice like the old RIFT system, but the newest RIFT system is likely the best I've seen in an MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Marriage nowadays is just you betting another person that they will love you enough not to take half your shit.

  20. #20
    New content seems about 2 hours long to complete the story. No space baring either. Not too bad given the rest of the patch stuff.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •