Minimum requirement question

Hello, I just had a quick question on the system requirements. My system meets all of the requirements except the dual core processor for windows xp. I had heard during beta that it was still playable and now that the game has actually released was wondering if I could get any insight on if this was true before I went out and bought the game. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Novangelus View Post
    Hello, I just had a quick question on the system requirements. My system meets all of the requirements except the dual core processor for windows xp. I had heard during beta that it was still playable and now that the game has actually released was wondering if I could get any insight on if this was true before I went out and bought the game. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    my computer meets specs also, except NO dual core processor. Therefore, I downloaded the beta for 8 hrs and it WILL NOT play the game. It states that my computer does not meet the requirements of a dual core.. This is my experience and I tried and tried and I could not get it to work.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah not going to happen. The processor is a HUGE part of this game. Without a quality processor you will not be able to play this game at an enjoyable rate.

Deleted
    I'm running it with a single core processor. It's not exactly smooth sometimes but if you poke around you can find a lot of tweaks that'll make it a bit more playable. Depends what kind of expectations you have and how patient you are. The loading screens are by far the worst issue with a low-end PC.

Deleted
    try this site

Can i Run It

Thanks for all the input. What kind of twinks are we talking about Deylana? I would really like to try the game out and am a very patient person and don't mind if it doesn't run smoothly and my expectations are not high to be honest just would like to run around in the star wars universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I'm running it with a single core processor. It's not exactly smooth sometimes but if you poke around you can find a lot of tweaks that'll make it a bit more playable. Depends what kind of expectations you have and how patient you are. The loading screens are by far the worst issue with a low-end PC.
    This has been my experience as well. I play with a single core processor and while the game doesn't play as smoothly as most people, it is playable (with some patience). I basically just have all the graphics options shoved all the way down, and then went into my graphics card settings and turned them down further.

Deleted
    Any word of advice for me then?
    Im on green with everything on that can you run it site, beside my CPU.
    it gives Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 GHz or better and i got a Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz ( duel core ).
    Will i be able to run it or ?

I have a 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo and Radeon 4670. All settings low. When questing my fps is around 15-30 and in populated areas 10-15. It's not smooth, but it's playable.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velandra View Post
    Any word of advice for me then?
    Im on green with everything on that can you run it site, beside my CPU.
    it gives Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 GHz or better and i got a Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz ( duel core ).
    Will i be able to run it or ?
    To give you an idea meeting the minimum requirements means you may see 15FPS if you're lucky. With a Pentium D chip you would be lucky to push 10FPS.