Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I feel marauder is a bit underpowered while levling, moderate amount of dmg, die fast.

(I'm a lvl 30 marauder atm)

I've never felt gimped leveling my Marauder, who is level 33 now. It actually feels pretty well balanced.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wkhalifa View Post
    read description. i didnt use any def cds AND companion for demonstration purposes.
    Thats like watching half a movie then complaining you don't understand it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoticehunter View Post
    The ranged BH/Trooper AC gets a skill early on that stuns and kills any normals in a group. I think the trooper one was called mortar volley.
    <3 Mortar Volley. On tightly packed groups Mortar Volley -> Sticky Grenade -> Pulse Cannon usually takes care of everything, without taking any damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Thats like watching half a movie then complaining you don't understand it.
    right. and what about BH and INQ(and probably IA but idk never played one)? they do the same without companions 10x better.
    i know its hard for kids that live in 3rd world countries. but unlike you, some of them are educated and know how to properly read ,and not just the things they want to hear

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosty View Post
    <3 Mortar Volley. On tightly packed groups Mortar Volley -> Sticky Grenade -> Pulse Cannon usually takes care of everything, without taking any damage.
    i know, and you dont even need companion =)

Marauders are weaker for leveling than lets say BH or SI , i have seen them solo heroic 2+ missions without trouble while Marauders and to some extent dps Juggs have trouble

It could be said its because BioWare packed all the good abilities and talents at higher lvl
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Deleted
    i know its hard for kids that live in 3rd world countries. but unlike you, some of them are educated and know how to properly read ,and not just the things they want to hear

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 03:32 PM ----------

i know, and you dont even need companion =)
    I'm well educated thanks, just fail to see how your "example" holds any sort of practicality. Yes the class starts weak, but we simply get stronger and stronger - we will always suck at any sort of aoe damage, so using that as any sort of measure stick is pointless.

Showing an example of "weak" marauder and ommiting things that readily available ingame, is just bias to your point of view - thus making it pretty redundant.

I disagree. Every person playing this class that I've spoken with in game has complained for example on the Choke Point quest. There are others but I can't think of the names of the quests off of the top of my head. Perhaps you're just a god among boys playing this game. But imho this class struggles relative to the jedi knight sent. But that's just my opinion and I've played both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    At level 26 and it feels like compared to other classes, Marauder damage feels pretty low. Anyone else leveling a marauder feel this way? Feels like it takes 2x's as long to kill groups of guys of similar level that other classes seem to be breezing thru.

Also trying to kill an elite the same level (the brightest gold ring around there name) seems pretty rough even with medipacks.
    I am finding that the gearing and survivability is gimped especially in story quests where the gear and mobs are also designed for heavy armor class.

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aleeha View Post
    Choke Point quest.
    God I had to do that after I finished everything else on Alderan, and to finally get past the twin Droids I had to run way out of combat and wait until the troopers on the right side died so I could stun one and focus on the second.

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 09:52 AM ----------

I should point out However that Marauder DPS is higher than most, in my guild we have a level 50 Juggernaut. At level 40 I am killing mobs faster than he is when we run through flashpoints with lower level guildies. Granted he is fully tank spec'd.

I don't claim to know a lot about this game but I don't think Mau is all that bad. I agree it feels pretty well balanced unless you are PVP'ing. Elites are supposed to be difficult. Do I feel like things get sticky, sure. I'm currently lvl 29 and I've used a mix of grinding that this game offers. If you get stuck in an area.... go back to another planet. Nobody says you have to go to the next planet right away. Can't seem to get xp fast enough, go do warzone. For 20 or 30 mins worth of work you get 10K'ish EXP. Win or lose. NOt to mention the money and the ability to get kick ass PVP gear. Go group, do heroic instances with a party. What is great about this game is there are tons of ways to level, NOT GRIND. Grinding sucks......

There was a point in my mid-teens where I thought, great, I'm stuck... what do I do now. I've rolled mostly Annihilation with a mix of Rage. One key point for me was figuring out fury. I didn't figure that out until my mid to early 20's. I don't do any defense skills and I tank.... I also use Juyo Form. I feel as if I can obliterate mobs. Get your DPS up, that is what you are designed to do.

I had been using Quinn and yes, I did die, but that is to be expected but most of the time it was because I wasn't full health and not paying attention. I can pretty much roll 3 to 4 enemy parties with out great difficulty. My girl is geared fairly well too.

I just got my apprentice and I have not really gone out to level with her yet. But she is DPS too.... we'll see if I return to Quinn.

-JP-

I view popping my cool-downs every elite fight fun... But I'm pretty sure other classes can just curb stomp the elite in 5 abilities.

There are a couple hard spots in the game for almost any melee class. One of which is the end of balmora, around the bonus series. Mobs ramp up in damage pretty hard core there. The next is toward the end of Alderaan which again, they start hitting really hard and you have to use defensives. Now that I am on Hoth, strong mobs just got HARD. You HAVE to use defensives every pull, which is how the marauder was designed with Cloak of Pain. But yeah, I agree, the marauder feels very weak in general. They need some sort of self heal. My Assassin up until Hoth had 100x easier time leveling than my Marauder, but Hoth did the same thing to him. Mobs just get really hard around Hoth. The leveling is much harder than WoW.

One other problem, you are FORCED to use Quinn while leveling.