Shadow Tier gloves for healing spec

Hello guys, I was looking at our healing tier and noticed the gloves are pretty shit with crit on it and shadow ones have spirit (35 spirit less than healer tier ones) and mastery on so im thinking for using those as healing, any thoughts?

WOha I've been asking this question for 2 weeks and convinced myself there just wasn't a suitable heroic offset piece!

Thanks for this, good find.

In other words: EXCELLENT idea.

Definitely. Generally, the tier system allows you have one "off-set" piece in your tier slots. Basically, you have 5 tier pieces and you get to choose one of them to not wear, which is either usually determined by the secondary stats on a particular tier item, or there's a particularly juicy alternative for that slot. Shadow tier gloves, for a healing priest, would count as your "off set" item.

Deleted
    I'd still prefer more intellect from the deathwing gloves. Even without the spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    I'd still prefer more intellect from the deathwing gloves. Even without the spirit.
    Well the difference is only 1 socket

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bornams View Post
    Well the difference is only 1 socket
    And higher ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    And higher ilvl
    IThere is a much higher chance of getting heroic tier gloves before heroic deathwing pieces. Also, if it is just normal, there are Valor Point spirit gloves as well.
    Last edited by Afflictid; 2011-12-23 at 05:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    I'm going for this option too. But the Shadow tier idea I freely admit didn't actually occur to me until this thread. Then again the way Conqueror tokens are dropping in my guild raids it's going to be a very.... very..... VERY long time until I will ever see a token for OS given it's got to get through two Paladins and a Warlock first. *sigh*

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I'm going for this option too. But the Shadow tier idea I freely admit didn't actually occur to me until this thread. Then again the way Conqueror tokens are dropping in my guild raids it's going to be a very.... very..... VERY long time until I will ever see a token for OS given it's got to get through two Paladins and a Warlock first. *sigh*
    Don't roll for OS if you are not going to use them for OS. If you are healing MS and are planning to use them for MS, that's perfectly acceptable since you are using the other tier pieces for the healing set bonus and the gloves just for stats (there are no heroic spirit gloves in DS)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Don't roll for OS if you are not going to use them for OS. If you are healing MS and are planning to use them for MS, that's perfectly acceptable since you are using the other tier pieces for the healing set bonus and the gloves just for stats (there are no heroic spirit gloves in DS)
    because fuck everyone else and their tier bonuses. GO TEAM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I've already picked up the non-spirit gloves. The other 3 people mentioned will be using their tokens to achieve their MS 4sets unfortunately. So in the spirit of fairness, and the fact I'll get verbally lynched over Vent, my fellow Conquerors will be receiving their tokens first. Fortunately, I am definitely the first of the OS receivers as I'm the Healer that changes spec for the 2healer fights.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfo_my_internets View Post
    because fuck everyone else and their tier bonuses. GO TEAM.
    Exactly, paladins had their moment in wrath.

AGE OF PRIESTS.

Whats a warlock

---------- Post added 2011-12-23 at 01:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I've already picked up the non-spirit gloves. The other 3 people mentioned will be using their tokens to achieve their MS 4sets unfortunately. So in the spirit of fairness, and the fact I'll get verbally lynched over Vent, my fellow Conquerors will be receiving their tokens first. Fortunately, I am definitely the first of the OS receivers as I'm the Healer that changes spec for the 2healer fights.
    If you already picked up the non spirit gloves off spine, then the only upgrade would be heroic. By that time you get Warlord on farm everyone should have their 4 set and picking up herioc tier tokens will only be for a stat upgrade. You have the right to get them first just as anybody else.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

In my ~385ilvl gear my priest doesnt not oom from PoH spam for 6 minutes on end.
    So int is the obvious choice.
    If you canot kill heroic Zanozz, the Spine gloves are BiS, if you can kill it you would be looking at Shoulders/Chest from Morchok.

Deleted
    I go for 5 pieces t13 healing, as the Crit gloves aint to bad for a mastery/crit heavy disc priest.

So i go for VP head Disc and for Holy i take T13 Head (haste) and Shadow gloves as I actually do play all 3 specs and shadow's shoulders aint all that so im getting the t13 shadow gloves anyways. (got Morchok normal shoulders already)

Those gloves are also easy to obtain, with a BH run.