Thread: My DPS

Deleted

My DPS

Good evening everyone.

Last night raiding I just got Experimental Specimen Slicer, and was expecting for my DPS to go up by quite the margin. However, I got stuck at 43k on Zon'ozz, where I felt I should do somewhat more with my gear.

Points on improving I know of:
    Professions to 525, working on Blacksmithing and Enchanting at the moment. Going slowly, but I'll get there. That I know.
    Use DnD more often, I sometimes overlook it for a period of time where I could at least used it 2 or 3 times.
    Building up RP before a bossfight, sitting comfortably at 110/120.

Points going well:
    Noticing when diseases will drop and only then using outbreak.
    Sparing up runic power right before my abo turns back into ghoul, doing this quite well.

Things I'm not sure of:
    At the start, I always get up enough DC's to get my abo, then saving for gargoyle, however, sometimes my Rune of the Fallen Crusader has fallen of by then, so I'm wondering if it's not better to get gargoyle first, seeing as it takes a snapshot of my strength.
    Seeing as I've read that expertise is quite worthless, I got it down to only 150 points or so. Isn't this dangerously low?

Also, gemming for strength, unless the the combined weights of the stats + setbonus outweigh the pure strength gemming.
    Reforging for Haste/Crit, out of Mastery and Expertise.

My Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Fanged/simple
    (I know of the sad gem in my weapon, it was the only thing a JC in my raid group had with it at the time, and something is better then nothing no?)

So, my question is now, what could/should I change about my prio/gear, and what should be my max dps on Zon'ozz with stacks 7-5-7-3?

Edit: About the enchants in some parts (gloves, bracers need Strength, Cape needs an enchant aswell) waiting on the guild enchanter on those.

Thanks in advance.

Fanged.
    Last edited by mmoc908a6abc28; 2011-12-23 at 12:54 AM.

Fallen Crusader does not need to be up when using Gargoyle, otherwise you're gonna lose dps, because you really want to get your Gargoyle up asap, as it provides a ton of DPS. 15% strength is quite much, but you only want the "bigger" CDs up i.e. Unholy Frenzy, Rosary of Light, and Golembloods if you use those. 2nd prio is getting Shadow Infusion stacked.

Regarding Expertise, no it is not very dangerous with low exp. as most of our damage comes from our ghoul.

On your gear: Get a belt buckle, and throw in a Bold Inferno Ruby in your shoulder.

As for your spec, i'd pick up Contagion, otherwise your diseases are gonna suck when you use pestilence.
    Also, I'd get glyph of AMS, Pestilence and BB.

PS; This was written at 3:30 AM, please don't be mad if I made any mistakes guiding you!
    The DPS is the meteor that made dinosaurs extinct, the locust swarm that plunged nations into famine, the eruption that blanketed nations in soot and ash.

also, save your AMS for the dmg phase, to get more DCs off during the point at which he takes more dmg

also, FC has no ICD, so it's luck whether its up or not for garg.
    Last edited by RedFlame; 2011-12-23 at 03:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malt0602 View Post
    Fallen Crusader does not need to be up when using Gargoyle, otherwise you're gonna lose dps, because you really want to get your Gargoyle up asap, as it provides a ton of DPS. 15% strength is quite much, but you only want the "bigger" CDs up i.e. Unholy Frenzy, Rosary of Light, and Golembloods if you use those. 2nd prio is getting Shadow Infusion stacked.

Regarding Expertise, no it is not very dangerous with low exp. as most of our damage comes from our ghoul.

On your gear: Get a belt buckle, and throw in a Bold Inferno Ruby in your shoulder.

As for your spec, i'd pick up Contagion, otherwise your diseases are gonna suck when you use pestilence.

PS; This was written at 3:30 AM, please don't be mad if I made any mistakes guiding you!
    So low expertise ain't dangerous, that's a goodie then, I'll keep it that low.

Ah yes, should get contagion indeed, thought I had that! Thanks for the heads up.
    As for a belt buckle forgot they even existed, another piece of slack on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFlame View Post
    also, save your AMS for the dmg phase, to get more DCs off during the point at which he takes more dmg

also, FC has no ICD, so it's luck whether its up or not for garg.
    Using AMS at the first melee bounce and then it's back up during the damage phase, so if I don't have an abomination up, I'll have it then.

My problem was being at the start of a fight, since that's usually when FC procs. My problem is getting abomination first, losing FC during the time, and then gargoyle, or use gargoyle while FC is up and delaying my abomination?

Think the latter, but not sure on that.

Also have an idea what my dps should look like on a Zon'ozz normal fight?

Thanks for the replies!

If you find that at the start your RotFC has procced, definitely summon your Gargoyle instead of stacking SIs on your pet.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

You didn't say if you were or not

But if you macro Scourge Strike + Claw together you can force the pet to squeeze out a little more DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    If you find that at the start your RotFC has procced, definitely summon your Gargoyle instead of stacking SIs on your pet.
    Alright, was wondering this. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinoro View Post
    You didn't say if you were or not

But if you macro Scourge Strike + Claw together you can force the pet to squeeze out a little more DPS.
    Oh, sorry, thought I had made myself clear. My apologies.

How exactly does macroing SS with Pet Claw in crease your dps? I believe you, but just wondering.

Thanks aswell!

Sometimes our little ghoul buddy will not use his energy correctly by clawing. Leaving him sitting there autoattacking with a full energy bar. Binding his claw into the macro pretty much forces him to spam his claw whenever he has energy.

The other added benefit is a tighter method of pet control where he is always on your target, without needing to rely on the pet assist stance which tends to lag behind a little bit.

The ghoul has a habit of hoarding his energy sometimes, and can spend a bit of time at max energy just auto attacking, without using his claw ability.

Macroing has the effect of forcing him to spam the claw ability whenever he has energy, and as an added benefit it allows for some easier faster pet control.

The ghoul has a habit of hoarding his energy sometimes, and can spend a bit of time at max energy just auto attacking, without using his claw ability.

Macroing has the effect of forcing him to spam the claw ability whenever he has energy, and as an added benefit it allows for some easier faster pet control.
    This is no longer relevant, because it has been fixed. The ghoul now uses Claw every time it's available.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by malt0602 View Post

Um FC is up enough for you to use it with every gargoyle. Timing your gargoyle with procs is absolutely KEY to improving your dps.

Just as long as you don't miss a whole garg cooldown waiting fro procs to line up.

Hey my dps is realy nice im an IMBA machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    This is no longer relevant, because it has been fixed. The ghoul now uses Claw every time it's available.
    Link to when it was fixed?

Link to when it was fixed?
    There were no official patch notes regarding this fix.
    However, it's been in place since 4.2. The ghoul now uses Claw as often as possible, hence the macro is not necessary.

I'm glad to hear that it was fixed then

I guess then the primary reason to macro the claw would be to just have an alternate method of pet control over the assist function.

Deleted
    So as far as I've gathered from the latest post:

Ghoul macro isn't necessary anymore.
    Use gargoyle as soon as RoL and FC are up at the start. (Delaying your cooldown.)

But then I wonder, since Gargoyle and UH are on the same CD, and usually are only used twice a fight on normal (sometimes 3 times) isn't it better to wait with using them for FC or RoL to be up since I can only use them X amount of times anyway (unless I delay it a retarded amount of time.)

Since usually for CD's as heroism I wait with using my UH+Garg CD until it's up, then do Garg and afterwards only use UH. Can only get it twice a fight so rather wait for a CD to pop rather then use it immediatly without any extra benefit of using it again.

And the question remains, with my gear (iLvL 385ish) what DPS should I do on Zon'ozz normal? 43k normal, low or high with 7-5-7-3 stacks?

Heroism and UF do not stack so using it then is a waste.

43k sounds about right I guess for 385

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Heroism and UF do not stack so using it then is a waste.

43k sounds about right I guess for 385
    Sorry if I was being misunderstood, but I was trying to imply that I'd wait using my Gargoyle until heroism was cast (if it won't take too long) and when heroism runs out, only then I'd use UH.

So 43k is about right... I'd like to improve however, what benchmark should I aim for now? (realistically) Is 45k possible, or 46/47/48?

In questions like this a WoL parse would be very helpful. The DPS difference in decision making is usually higher than a few small itemization optimizations.

43K does sound low.

You say you delay Garg for DT and have problems with procs falling of. I say don't delay Garg!

What I would do is start the fight, wait for procs to alligh and get enough RP, which should take no longer than 10 seconds, then pop Unholy Frienzy (assuming you don't lust at the start) and Garg. The premise is that your ghoul still does damage while not transformed, while Garg does 0 DPS when not there. In addition, your Ghoul benefits from procs dynamically as they proc, while Garg only benefits from the procs on summon. Finally, since you also pop UF you should be able to pop DT faster.

It is very important to have procs up before summoning your Gargoyle. A fully buffed Gargoyle will do about 12K DPS while active, while a difference between a transformed Ghoul and a non transformed one might only be 5K or so. Having FC proc up is a must have. Extra 15% of your best stat is one of the strongest buff your Gargoyle can gain from. Always maximize your major CDs uptime!

You are in your tanking spec/gear in Armory right now, but looking at your Unholy spec I would put two points from RPM to Butchery. Every point past one in RPM is diminished in value since 1 point is enough to have 3 enough RP for 3 back to back DCs, while even 3 points are not enough for 4 DCs. 2 Points in Butchery is a better investment, especially on fights with adds where you can gain up to 20 RP per each mob assuming you can score a killing blow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killabee View Post
    In questions like this a WoL parse would be very helpful. The DPS difference in decision making is usually higher than a few small itemization optimizations.
    Think I should start using that indeed...

43K does sound low.
    Any mark I should aim for?
    You say you delay Garg for DT and have problems with procs falling of. I say don't delay Garg!
    No I don't have issues for the procs to fall off, just the decision at the start is what I'm wondering about. I usually did get my Gargoyle first when I had a few procs aligning, however, I've been told that DT always had priority. This is what confused me, but apparently I was doing the right thing there.
    What I would do is start the fight, wait for procs to alligh and get enough RP, which should take no longer than 10 seconds, then pop Unholy Frienzy (assuming you don't lust at the start) and Garg. The premise is that your ghoul still does damage while not transformed, while Garg does 0 DPS when not there. In addition, your Ghoul benefits from procs dynamically as they proc, while Garg only benefits from the procs on summon. Finally, since you also pop UF you should be able to pop DT faster.
    Have a macro that does UH first and then Gargoyle, since they're on the same CD anyways. Always use that one at the start. (Usually I use them seperatly later on in the fight as I try to align my Gargoyle with Hero then.)
    It is very important to have procs up before summoning your Gargoyle. A fully buffed Gargoyle will do about 12K DPS while active, while a difference between a transformed Ghoul and a non transformed one might only be 5K or so. Having FC proc up is a must have. Extra 15% of your best stat is one of the strongest buff your Gargoyle can gain from. Always maximize your major CDs uptime!
    With this I have issues. I can manage it at the start but later on in the fight I have difficulties remembering what procs would be off cooldown soon. Have any suggestion for an Add-On that could help me with proc managing?
    You are in your tanking spec/gear in Armory right now, but looking at your Unholy spec I would put two points from RPM to Butchery. Every point past one in RPM is diminished in value since 1 point is enough to have 3 enough RP for 3 back to back DCs, while even 3 points are not enough for 4 DCs. 2 Points in Butchery is a better investment, especially on fights with adds where you can gain up to 20 RP per each mob assuming you can score a killing blow.
    Good idea, gonna change that now.

And again people, thanks for the loads of replies, this is better then I had expected!