Good, High Population Republic Server

Hello and i am wondering if anyone has the name of a good high pop. Republic server (Pref. Western time) for me and a friend of mine to roll on. Please if you can, leave a comment. I want to roll by tonight
    Last edited by Rhomrom; 2011-12-23 at 01:49 AM.

I was wondering the same. (eastern specific)...lol, like the Family Guy reference...

wall of light has been good

The Swiftsure is a good one. It's a western server, and has a bunch of high population republic guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by pwntzar View Post
    I was wondering the same. (eastern specific)...lol, like the Family Guy reference...
    I play on The Fatman, Imperial:republic is like 2:1 which is pretty good. We're starting to have competitive numbers.

Swiftsure, but that may change in a few days when the Aussies depart.

Jedi Covenant is a pretty high Republic server (shocking i know), it's eastern time zone though things seem to happen on it later in the evening.

Fatman is good for reps.

If swiftsure is a good republic server, I'd hate to see a bad one... Like the above said, most of us aussies are playing there and will be moving off on 1/03/12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    If swiftsure is a good republic server, I'd hate to see a bad one... Like the above said, most of us aussies are playing there and will be moving off on 1/03/12.
    You may be leaving but I doubt people in successful established guilds will follow. We have many aussie guilds and after talking with atleast 10 of them only one of them is as a guild leaving the server. I am sure people will leave but best to not speak as "everyone" and speak as yourself.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think overall there are more shifting to pubs... I play on Black Vulkars and I get (pre50) a 50/50 split on if huttball is vs pub or imp

So what your saying, is that after the oceanic community has been crying for years over having to deal with 300-600MS with american servers - that people aren't going to leave to go to localized oceanic servers where we can get sub 50ms? Yea. Right. Don't care how 'established' people are, they will move for better MS.
    Go put some pants on.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zik3l View Post
    So what your saying, is that after the oceanic community has been crying for years over having to deal with 300-600MS with american servers - that people aren't going to leave to go to localized oceanic servers where we can get sub 50ms? Yea. Right. Don't care how 'established' people are, they will move for better MS.
    All I am saying is it may not be the exodus you claim it will be. Our Aussies raid Nightmare modes with us just fine in the latency department ( on wireless to boot).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on The Harbinger (PvE west coast, republic faction) and the population there is still pretty heavy. It's also the unofficial oceanic PvE server but when I'm on at night there are still quite a few number of peeps on. It's hard to say who will stay and who will leave AU wise once the oceanic servers go up.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Jedi Covenant is a pretty high Republic server (shocking i know), it's eastern time zone though things seem to happen on it later in the evening.
    I was about to second this. I see about the same population on either side at the peak times.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I was about to second this. I see about the same population on either side at the peak times.
    Jedi Covenant has a nice community. Forums on SWTOR.com are pretty active and PvP is quite competitive. Quite a few guilds making PvE progression as well.

The Fatman had about 140 in the republic fleet at the same time the empire had about 178 at one point, it`s a very even server and there are VERY good PvPers on both sides.

The Crucible Pits has the Ruinous guilds on it and they actually spawn camp the empire outside their Ilum base.

and the Swiftsure is also another amazing one, depends on if you want est or pst.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    All I am saying is it may not be the exodus you claim it will be. Our Aussies raid Nightmare modes with us just fine in the latency department ( on wireless to boot).
    I would find it hard that there would not be a mass exit... even though they raid fine now; why would you not go to a lower MS if you are a min/maxer - as its the one thing that would always hinder you.

I agree. Having raided in the EU on sub 50MS, and Raided in Oceania on 150-800MS depending on what the weather here is like - you really really really feel it. Many Oceanics feel very strongly about this (Since we have got screwed in every other MMO with bad ping).

I'm not saying EVERYONE will leave - but I'm pretty sure the majority will.
    Go put some pants on.