Poll: rate the DH concept

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewinter View Post
    I was a Demon Hunter before I took an arrow to the knee.
    Trolled hard

I can see Demon Hunters being added at some point, due to popular demand, but I still voted "complete waste", because it's not a change I want made to the game
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I can see Demon Hunters being added at some point, due to popular demand, but I still voted "complete waste", because it's not a change I want made to the game
    I don't think there is any intent in changing the game with this class. It simply adds more to it. Sure, other classes will need to adapt against or with the demon hunter, but is that such a tantibus?

My issue is still that Demon Hunters are already a thing in the Warcraft universe and this class is talking about things that it is not.
    The abilities of Warcraft demon hunters are pretty clearly defined at this point, and most of their functionality is being boiled into the Warlock class as it is, except for the stereotypical glaives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    My issue is still that Demon Hunters are already a thing in the Warcraft universe and this class is talking about things that it is not.
    The abilities of Warcraft demon hunters are pretty clearly defined at this point, and most of their functionality is being boiled into the Warlock class as it is, except for the stereotypical glaives.
    The only thing that is not present in WC3 is the witcher spec. But we always come back to this ultra ceptic question, but then again the answer is always given. Blizzard does not need to be limited to the WC3 bestiary and manual information. We never thought about the draenei races apart from the broken, we never thought about the monk class and we never even dreamt of worgens. Even more in a MMO type of game, which is supposed to be in constant evolution and self-revolutionizing itself.

Deleted
    I do like the concept and its clear you have put a lot of work into this idea so before anything id like to say, awesome job but I feel the anti caster niche is kind of taken up by dks and to a lesser extent, rogues. I really like your ideas they are creative and different from the norm but i'm not sure wow needs another class just yet with the introduction of the monk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    I do like the concept and its clear you have put a lot of work into this idea so before anything id like to say, awesome job but I feel the anti caster niche is kind of taken up by dks and to a lesser extent, rogues. I really like your ideas they are creative and different from the norm but i'm not sure wow needs another class just yet with the introduction of the monk.
    Thx for the positive review =). I do agree that this hero class does not forcefully need to come for a reason other than being fun and different to play. If we'd narrow down the game to only the classes needed to play it, then we would only have 4. That would be boring no? So, this concept was created to answer most of the requests that have been going for so long, and I honestly think it would bring more players to the game. My intention is to bring to light the combat style of the Dh, giving it high speed moves like the rogue, honed comabt skill like the warrior and with the knowledge of fel magic like warlocks. Its an unique concept in it right I think, and even though I also agree that the anti-caster niche might be represented to some extent in-game, it sureley isn't has innovative as this one, nor as fun and not as developped =P. Sure DKs and rogues have some anti magic DEFENSES, but not anti magic ATTACKS =). at least I can't remember any...
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-05-08 at 06:38 PM.

It'll be interesting to see what classes Blizzard add to wow in the future.

With no minimal range on ranged weapons in MoP, another physical ranged class would be intredasting.

In addition to your Demon Hunter, Dragonsworn, Battle Mage

Dark Ranger
    Shadow Hunter
    Rune Master
    Necromancer
    Bard

It seems very unlikely that all of these will get a shot at being implemented in wow. However its not impossible that some where down the road, in the distant future, that perhaps fourth specs will be added to a few classes. Many of the classes not implemented, do over lap with existing ones so sharing abilities with them would make sense. Plus it's less work to make one spec instead of 3 new ones with all new and original abilities.

Edit:

You seem to be pretty good and enjoy making these new class ideas, i'll kinda point these things out i've seen before and maybe if you're interested you'll change them/ make it your own or just disregard it.

Witch Doctor
    - Shadow Hunter (Physical Ranged DPS)
    - Voodoo (Caster DPS)
    - Juju (Healing)

Dark Ranger (Will require some changes to range weapons)
    - Thrown Weapon Spec (Thrown weapons as effective as bows and other ranged weapons)
    - Cross Bow Duel Wield Spec (One hannded cross bows would need to be implemented)
    - Two Hand Bow/ Cross Bow Spec

Example:

At the same time I see most of these just becoming a fourth spec for existing classes.

Rogue - Dark Ranger - (Physical Ranged Spec)
    Warlock - Demon Hunter - (Melee Tank Spec)
    Mage - Battle Mage - (Melee Tank Spec)
    Death Knight - Necromancer - (Ranged Caster Spec)
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-05-08 at 08:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what classes Blizzard add to wow in the future.

With no minimal range on ranged weapons in MoP, another physical ranged class would be intredasting.

In addition to your Demon Hunter, Dragonsworn, Battle Mage

Dark Ranger
    Shadow Hunter
    Rune Master
    Necromancer
    Bard

It seems very unlikely that all of these will get a shot at being implemented in wow. However its not impossible that some where down the road, in the distant future, that perhaps fourth specs will be added to a few classes. Many of the classes not implemented, do over lap with existing ones so sharing abilities with them would make sense. Plus it's less work to make one spec instead of 3 new ones with all new and original abilities.

Edit:

You seem to be pretty good and enjoy making these new class ideas, i'll kinda point these things out i've seen before and maybe if you're interested you'll change them/ make it your own or just disregard it.

Witch Doctor
    - Shadow Hunter (Physical Ranged DPS)
    - Voodoo (Caster DPS)
    - Juju (Healing)

Dark Ranger (Will require some changes to range weapons)
    - Thrown Weapon Spec (Thrown weapons as effective as bows and other ranged weapons)
    - Cross Bow Duel Wield Spec (One hannded cross bows would need to be implemented)
    - Two Hand Bow/ Cross Bow Spec

Example:

At the same time I see most of these just becoming a fourth spec for existing classes.

Rogue - Dark Ranger - (Physical Ranged Spec)
    Warlock - Demon Hunter - (Melee Tank Spec)
    Mage - Battle Mage - (Melee Tank Spec)
    Death Knight - Necromancer - (Ranged Caster Spec)
    HAHA I think we share the same vision m8!
    I already have thought about the dark ranger as a hero class as well, and moreso the Witch Doctor, exactly with the same specs u put in here!(except for the Voodoo, I feel it can be a hexer type of support spec) Spoiler: The WD will be able to shift in and out of the living and spiritual realm, and all 3 specs will benefit accordingly from this special skill. As for the DR, I am thinking of giving it also the sentinel, scout and sentry specs, which are only just a vague cloud in my mind, but will definitly make use of thrown weapons and stealth abilities. They won't have traps, but one of the specs will have access to melee skills =) My other classes that I am thinking are the bard and tinker, being the bard mostly a support type of class, and the tinker a full out 4 spec with a spec for each role, which will use int plate. No spoilers this time, cos I want it to blow ur mind when they come out =P. Also, I am completely against giving a 4th spec to current classes other than druids, because that would just be spoiling teir uniqueness. PS: Necromancer is also in the plans 8^P

wait, did you just get back from a ban and immediately delete your old post and repost it to bump the thread? because you posted this post already, i read it.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    wait, did you just get back from a ban and immediately delete your old post and repost it to bump the thread? because you posted this post already, i read it.
    A glorious comeback and a bump ^^. But yh, it was also an update

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    A glorious comeback and a bump ^^. But yh, it was also an update
    you just did it again!
    i don't know, somehow that seems petty. maybe it's just me.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    you just did it again!
    i don't know, somehow that seems petty. maybe it's just me.
    OKI, this time I bring updates. They are on the zealot spec abilities =)
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-05-28 at 06:30 PM.

I'd say leave the classes to their respective games, but Barbarian is so similar to Warrior anyway I guess it could work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    I'd say leave the classes to their respective games, but Barbarian is so similar to Warrior anyway I guess it could work.
    Good point. demon hunter in diablo is the only class that has no equivalent in WOW.plz vote =)!

Good point. demon hunter in diablo is the only class that has no equivalent in WOW.plz vote =)!
    No equivalent in WoW?
    Have you played hunters in WoW...
    I played a Demon Hunter in D3 and I have a hunter in WoW...
    There are so many similarities...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    No equivalent in WoW?
    Have you played hunters in WoW...
    I played a Demon Hunter in D3 and I have a hunter in WoW...
    There are so many similarities...
    Indeed I completely missed that one. Then Witch Doctors are the only class left that has no equivelent in WOW, being it a necromancer type. I will, in time, create a necromancer hero class though =)
    Last edited by mmoc4874008d12; 2012-06-05 at 12:41 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have Demon Hunter be a melee spec available to the Warlock class. It would require, inseparably, the addition of Night Elf Warlocks since Night Elves *were* the first demon hunters and carry the torch. Not enough substance for a new class, and there really don't need to be new classes.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 03:19 PM ----------

Yes it does, they are a meld of a hunter, a rogue and a shadow priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darnassian View Post
    Have Demon Hunter be a melee spec available to the Warlock class. It would require, inseparably, the addition of Night Elf Warlocks since Night Elves *were* the first demon hunters and carry the torch. Not enough substance for a new class, and there really don't need to be new classes.
    Exactly that, forcing nelves to become warlocks only because of the demon hunter spec is just a stupid move. This is also an example that there is no implication of a warlock to become a demon hunter, since that's what nelves are. Demon hunters, not warlocks. And I completely disagree about demon hunter not having enough to become a class. It has, and it has been here proven.

If they would use leather then agility leather would have way to much competition, There needs to be another class that uses mail then all armor types would have 3 classes using them.

In my opinion there should never be demon hunters playable, Only a few races where demon hunters in the first place, They would never pick sides and fight other demon hunters, They give their lives to stop powerful demons at all costs, look at the night elf in blasted lands.

Most races misunderstand them and they have no special reason to start at a level higher then one, Long training excuses nothing they are not automatically make them better then a paladin because they are just a excelled demon hunter so are all the other player classes deathknights at least lived a life before they died and got raised again.

they are much more complex then being destroyed by becoming playable.
    Last edited by wrv451nlp; 2012-06-05 at 04:01 PM.