Deleted

Frost Death Knight rotation priorities and runeforging

Greetings, Death Knight community!

I recently dusted of my Death Knight alt, which I never really focused on, currently 83, planning to hit 85 tomorrow.
    I just popped in to ask a couple of questions to the more experienced Death Knights out there.

Frost. Great spec, enjoying it a lot! But I have no clue about the rotation, except for that the Killing Machine procs should be used on Obliterate if possible. In most cases so far, I've been doing that, but besides that. I am usually having a total 4 of damaging skills to press. Howling Blast, Plague Strike, Obliterate and Frost Strike to dump the Runic Power.

What should I press when enemy has both deseases on it? Howling blast and Plague Strike? Those are the 2 already giving the debuff so It's kind of awkward, Frost Strike? What if I have no Runic Power? Say, at the start of fight when you use Outbreak? Should I just go with obliterate in those cases? Even though there are no Killing Machine procs?

I would just like to get this thing cleared up, because so far, in all dungeons I've done, I've been using Howling Blast even though the debuff would not be necessary.

Also, about Runeforging. Should I go with Fallen Crusader on Mainhand and Razorice on Offhand, or the opposite?

Could you please provide some info in those matters? Any useful link would be just as much appreciated! Thanks a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    hit obliterate if the target had both diseases up

Outbreak (if avail and target has >3 sec of Blood Plague or no dieseases)
    Howling Blast (if no Frost Fever)
    Plague Strike (if Outbreak not avail and >3 sec of Blood Plague)
    Oblit (Killing Machine proc)
    Rime (Free Howling Blast)
    Frost Strike (KM proc and no runes)
    Oblit
    Frost Strike
    Howling Blast

Ideally you want to maximize diesease uptime as it boosts Oblit's damage. Proiritize Oblit over most everything.

My DK armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akonran/simple (and yes, not uber geared. my alt)

Gearing is HASTE HASTE HASTE HASTE > Mastery > Crit

Deleted
    That clears any confusion I had about the rotation. Thanks a lot for the fast responses!
    About the runeforging though? Which way is it better?

Oh and one little more thing: About Pestilence, I use it after my target has both deseases to spread the Blood Plague. Am I doing it right?
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2011-12-23 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Also, about Runeforging. Should I go with Fallen Crusader on Mainhand and Razorice on Offhand, or the opposite?
    The opposite

According to Elitist Jerks, RI on main, FC on off

Reasoning is that it maximizes FC proc uptime (offhand specials never miss) while providing maximum uptime on RI debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankoku View Post
    Outbreak (if avail and target has >3 sec of Blood Plague or no dieseases)
    Howling Blast (if no Frost Fever)
    Plague Strike (if Outbreak not avail and >3 sec of Blood Plague)
    Oblit (Killing Machine proc)
    Rime (Free Howling Blast)
    Frost Strike (KM proc and no runes)
    Oblit
    Frost Strike
    Howling Blast

Ideally you want to maximize diesease uptime as it boosts Oblit's damage. Proiritize Oblit over most everything.

My DK armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...akonran/simple (and yes, not uber geared. my alt)

Gearing is HASTE HASTE HASTE HASTE > Mastery > Crit
    Concerning reforging, would this also apply to PvP also? or would mastery be the priority.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    Concerning reforging, would this also apply to PvP also? or would mastery be the priority.
    I dont pvp on my DK. I suggest checking ArenaJunkies for their recommendation.

my PERSONAL idea is mastery, but again, it is just my PERSONAL (highly uninformed) idea
    Last edited by Zankoku; 2011-12-23 at 03:57 AM.

Deleted
    WOW, I had it RI on OH and FC on Main.... All that time... Thank you very much. I wont go deeper than search into why exactly it is that way, but I trust you ^^

I dont know where from but I always had in my mind that FC was mainhand! Anyway, Thank you very much!

As per the pestilence question, it is a DPS loss to pestilence, except in some two target situations in which you will be switching targets and its faster to move diseases with pestilence other than re-applying.
    Protocol - Borrowed Time - US-Twisting Nether

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont pvp on my DK. I suggest checking ArenaJunkies for their recommendation.
    OK, cheers for the reply
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    WOW, I had it RI on OH and FC on Main.... All that time... Thank you very much. I wont go deeper than search into why exactly it is that way, but I trust you ^^

I dont know where from but I always had in my mind that FC was mainhand! Anyway, Thank you very much!
    in WotLK, FC was mainhand

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusTN View Post
    As per the pestilence question, it is a DPS loss to pestilence, except in some two target situations in which you will be switching targets and its faster to move diseases with pestilence other than re-applying.
    So, say in an AOE situtation you wouldnt recommend it for the extra desease damage and for when you'll switch targets when your current is dead?

in WotLK, FC was mainhand
    Might explain why I had this feeling :P

Razorice is mainhand because of the 2% increased weapon damage as frost damage. If you put it on offhand you'd be gimping your damage while Fallen Crusader still procs on cooldown regardless of which weapon it's on.

Deleted
    Hello.
    I have a question regarding DKs.
    I'm currently using DW Frost,however i've been wondering how effective my haste truly is.
    Sitting at 84.92% haste unbuffed atm,I ask myself whether the more haste i have,the less useful it becomes.
    I'm hit and expertise capped and reforging all my crit/mastery into haste...
    Should I stop at a particular haste rating?Or the more haste the better?
    Would reforging some into mastery be a nice boost to my dps?
    Thank you for your time.