Thread: Titan

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Titan

I've heard rumors that Blizzard's upcoming MMO Titan will be a facebook MMO. Any thoughts on it?

Personally, it sounds like something Blizzard would do, and sounds like something my grandmother would play.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now where exactly is the source of this rumor OP or rather where did you even hear that?

It's going to be much worse than WoW in terms of subscription numbers I think, as it's a new intellectual property.

In fact I'd be surprised if anything got WoWs sub numbers ever again.

Totally, Blizzard's new huge MMO is on Facebook.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keese View Post

Personally, it sounds like something Blizzard would do
    No it seriously, really doesn't..

/thread

inb4 lock.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post

/thread
    Actually if battle.net and Kotick have anything to do with it that's exactly something they'd be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post

/thread
    Actually, seriously, it really does. Blizzard has been trying to move towards more social integrations in recent history (real id, real id in the forums, and now battletags). Why wouldn't Blizzard want to integrate facebook into their new game? it makes it super easy to get more people to play and allows for more microtransactions (vanity gifts/pets/etc.)

Integrating facebook features in some fashion (like a lot of games have done) or creating a facebook MMO are 2 completely different things. In that same fashion it might as well be an iphone app game seeing as they already have the auction house and other apps for WoW already.

Also, nobody knows yet but seeing that the production is taking a long time it will probably not be some farmville 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolling threads FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    In fact I'd be surprised if anything got WoWs sub numbers ever again.
    I agree with you there. I think WoW was the pinnacle of MMOs. In the next few years there will be so many competitors/alternatives to WoW, that the playerbase will be scattered all over. Not a bad thing, IMO.. smaller communities might be better that WoW's huge, horrible community.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Isn't this what people were claiming MoP was going to be? trololololol

Hasn't blizz confirmed that Titan is going to be a fps mmo with a scifi theme? Doesn't sound like much of a facebook game to me.

Competition is a good thing, but previously that has been far too much based on replicating wow, in trying to cherrypick what someone deems to be the best bits.
    That is why there has been no wow-killer, because too few are willing to leave time and money invested behind to go into more of the same.
    We need something really different, something which nobody has yet come up with.

I've heard rumors that Blizzard's upcoming MMO Titan will be a world first Excel MMO. You will have to send excel pages via email to members of your party to exchange information about what dropped from boss and who did most dps.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I've heard rumors that Blizzard's upcoming MMO Titan will be a world first Excel MMO. You will have to send excel pages via email to members of your party to exchange information about what dropped from boss and who did most dps.
    I could get behind this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Doing math in excell is hard yo

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone though about the fact, that the supscription model is dieing out?
    So, what new forms of income are there? Blizzard ist trying something new with D3s RMAH.

What if this is only the first step in a new subscription model direction? Maybe we even see ingame advertising in titan - which would be fitting for a universe in the future, and maybe a facebook game. So, hum, could be possible. But could be anything at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Papalenin View Post
    Isn't this what people were claiming MoP was going to be? trololololol

Hasn't blizz confirmed that Titan is going to be a fps mmo with a scifi theme? Doesn't sound like much of a facebook game to me.
    I thought it was rumored to be a scifi mmo fps. I have believed all this time the game would be an FPS MMO, likely the scifi genre. I'm betting we find out a bit about the game at the next Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Yep all these years of keeping it under wraps and various ''next gen mmo'' job vacancies on the website for a Facebook mmo......

Only thing missing from the OP is a Star Wars TOR sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch out farmville!