Thread: Space combat

Space combat

Now that I have gotten to the second tier of missions I must say...

I need more.

Not just starfox even though it is amazing.

I need off the rails PVP/Missions.

I need to drop through the atmosphere and assault a republic base.

Maybe get me a mobile suit.

I DON'T KNOW.

Just moar.

Now.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The game has so much potential. I'd love if at some point the starships evolve past an onrail shoot and some rooms and cutscenes.

Space Combat is kinda meh for me. Though I do remember reading something somewhere that they are planning on expanding this, not sure when though. They have a lot of other stuff to work on before this becomes a major issue.

I think this topic has been started before too.

They have been saying that they're planning something big for space combat. If that's true and if it won't take years to implement though, we've yet to see.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I am with ya. I do my space combat missions first thing. Get all the dailies done, then go questing. Then again, if there were more, it would be hard to leave my ship and go actually quest....

I'm having some serious trouble with these missions

- How do I upgrade my ship? Is it worth the cost? (I've been saving every credit so I have enough for my speeder training when I hit 25)
    - My main trouble seems to be identifying/hitting the specific target elements (e.g. turrets, hangars, etc) Is there a way to pause that screen where it gives you your mission objectives?

Quote Originally Posted by obiwannknowlton View Post

- How do I upgrade my ship? Is it worth the cost? (I've been saving every credit so I have enough for my speeder training when I hit 25)
    - My main trouble seems to be identifying/hitting the specific target elements (e.g. turrets, hangars, etc) Is there a way to pause that screen where it gives you your mission objectives?
    In each major planet's starport, where your ship lands, there is an NPC with the title "Startship Upgrades Vendor", you can buy stuff for your ship here. It is definitely worth the cost. After the first tier of missions, if you don't have all level 1 upgrades, it will be very challenging. Each mission description lists what expected level of upgrades you should have.

Identifying the elements has an audio queue. When you hear the R2 murblegurgle after killing somthing, you know that is one of the bonus objectives. They add more and more bonus objectives as you level so you basically have to kill everything at one point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Descent: Freespace, here we come!

Seriously though, the on-rails thing is so 90's. While it IS really enjoyable (I do all of the space quests I can every day!) it's definitely lacking. Being able to freely move around inside the quest area would be a huge start. I'm not really asking for the huge open free space of Galaxies, but at least being able freely move in a limited area would be nice.

Space combat in SW:TOR brought back fond memories of TIE Fighter and a hope that a remake of it would be done.

Quote Originally Posted by obiwannknowlton View Post

Mission objectives are in the corner. And your blaster should be able to power you through the beggining missions easy. One thing i advise is picking up the 40 missile pod early. Use those on the big ships and you dont have to worry about targeting the turrets. Use your laser on the regular fighters.

A lot of people didn't like the space combat but I think it's really fun for being a "mini-game".