G35 - out performs $200+ headphones. sad?

title says it...went to a local audio video store in my town and tried a bunch of different headsets trying to find something that i can use with my ipod...and nothing came close to my g35... tell me there is something im missing.

maby the audio port splitter they use has diminishing returns? they had over 30 sets plugged into one ipod dock somehow.

1.the iPod is known for one of the worst DACs available 2. Tons of headphones are prone to burn-in 3. Expensive headphones might require an amplifier to run well.

The g35 is mediocre at best, if you ask me, what did you try out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Those kinds of places are really hit or miss. Like the previous poster stated, who knows what kind of high hell those headphones have been through while being on display. I've worked a few retail jobs since I was a kid and know that people just toss them around like trash. I have the G930 (wireless version of G35 essentially) and I like the quality of sound so I'm sticking with it for as long as I can.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea don't trust anything on a splitter as you never know what condition that port is in. Get the salesman to let you plug your own media player directly into them, then judge em. That or it could just be overpriced pieces of junk as you didn't tell us what headphones they were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    1.the iPod is known for one of the worst DACs available
    Src please.

Chances are, USD200 headphones are 300
    Ω.
    Meaning, an iPod is too weak to run it. Meaning the inferior G35 appears better. G35 have pretty so-and-so sound.
    In my opinion, junk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iKenndac View Post
    Src please.
    i have 3 ipods, all 3 have bad internal DACs, they are for joe consumer with $5 earbuds, not high end audiophiles

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    Yea don't trust anything on a splitter as you never know what condition that port is in. Get the salesman to let you plug your own media player directly into them, then judge em. That or it could just be overpriced pieces of junk as you didn't tell us what headphones they were.

totaly forgot to...but the headphones that looked and were in my price range were "Shure" brand. sounded tinny