Page 1 of 2
LastLast

so how does stealth work in this game

i figured it was like every other mmo ive played with classes with stealth you get pulled out of it on combat and cant go back in stealth unless you use some kinda ability that takes you out of combat and puts you in stealth

i was thinkin about makin a operative/scoundrel thats why i was wondering

Jedi shadow here, Pretty much like any other mmo really, really feeling like im playing my rogue some times, Even thou it seems less stronger in pvp, seems like your pretty easy spottet, but cant confirm.

really feeling like im playing my rogue some times
    hmm,i heard operative/scoundrel played more like a rogue then shadow/assassin's did

although i guess i could be wrong.the only actual playing ive seen is just watching warzone videos
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-12-23 at 10:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Operative is exactly like a rogue with ranged skills as well. oh and they are awesome healers. Stealth works just like a rogue and they have a 'vanish'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stealth is very similar, but imo it is not as powerful as in WoW. I know shadows have an ability that they pretty much have to use to be able to stealth up to anything and not be seen. I am not sure about smug/IA, but I kind of like that restriction.

My closest comparisons would be shadow/ass = feral druid, and scrapper/Op = rogue. Not exact copies, but similar.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    i figured it was like every other mmo ive played with classes with stealth you get pulled out of it on combat and cant go back in stealth unless you use some kinda ability that takes you out of combat and puts you in stealth

i was thinkin about makin a operative/scoundrel thats why i was wondering
    It's exactly like WoW except for the fact that you get pulled out of stealth upon entering combat instead of upon being damaged.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also rolling a jedi shadow. Entering combat brings you out of stealth, like Dacu said. Not a game-breaker or anything, but stealth isn't nearly as attractive in TOR as it is in games like Rift where you look like a goddam badass Predator!!!.

Deleted
    If you want a typical rogue style of gameplay, Scrapper(Smuggler) or Operative(Imperial Agent) have much more of a rogue playstyle than Shadow(Consular) or Assassin(Inquisitor) do honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    shadow/assassin plays like a rogue and an enhancement shaman mixed together, stealth isnt very strong unless you talent into it
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Entering combat doesn't break you out of stealth. Although, you can't enter stealth while in combat and enemies in this game tend to be very good at spotting you unless you aproach from behind.

I have noticed a lot in game on my assassin that stealth is very easily detected my enemies of the same level unless you are behind them but I actually like it. It gives me more of an immersion feeling because you shouldn't be able to stand right in front of someone and they can not see you. You actually need to use the stealth properly to sneak up behind to do your ambush with maul or what ever other ability

Is the classes on the difrent sides not just mirrored with difrent names? right? :3

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm,i heard operative/scoundrel played more like a rogue then shadow/assassin's did

although i guess i could be wrong.the only actual playing ive seen is just watching warzone videos
    Operative is probably the most rogue like but assassin/shadow are definitely from the same tree. I would compare assassins/shadows to rogues in Rift though (not counting combo points). I play an assassin and you will be very comfortable with the class if you have played rogues in the past though. At lvl 40 my playstyle consist of watching several procs and managing my resources. You have a couple of moves that build stacking buffs for other moves, a strong back stack that can instakill some mobs and knock 5-10% off strong mobs, and an even stronger version of your big hit ability at only half the cost when a mobs health gets low.

In PVP an assassin can go the route of picking off enemies (healers are a good target), harassing, and protecting. Depending on what role I adopt in a match I usually come within the top 5 if not top in either damage, protection or objective.

In PVP an assassin can go the route of picking off enemies (healers are a good target), harassing, and protecting.
    hmm,harrasing kinda sounds like what i was lookin for but when i was kinda askin around about classes i thought assassin/shadow was more(i guess ill use wow classes for examples cuz thats kinda what ive been doing i dont know if you've played it)like a enhance shaman then a rogue type

although i gotta admit,maybe its different in star wars the old republic.but ive always kinda hated classes were you gotta watch procs so maybe i should stick with operative/scoundrel but i dont know.i havent actually played any class yet(havent got the game yet)ive just watched warzone videos
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-12-24 at 03:20 AM.

I have had more fun as an Operative than I ever had as any other stealth class in any other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwa View Post
    I have had more fun as an Operative than I ever had as any other stealth class in any other game.
    in any other game? or just star wars the old republic

cuz ive played rogues in world of warcraft.which i guess could be called a stealth class,but that was one of those classes that was really fun at lower lvls,but then you get to the higher lvls and it wasnt that fun anymore(you basically 2 shot everyone in pvp at lower lvls)

although i might make a smuggler scoundrel though.depends on what side i pick cuz im not sure yet if im goin empire or republic but im assuming that smuggler scoundrel is pretty much the same only the republic version of it
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-12-24 at 04:06 AM.

I think the addition of the cover system adds a lot to the Imperial Agent. Call me crazy. I haven't played any of the other assassin type classes in SWTOR, but I would wager the Operative is the most fun. From what I have read and seen in groups, the force wielding stealth classes didn't really appeal to me, so to each his own.

for me playing as marauder feels like rogue ;s (and its my main 6y now)

hmm,i thought marauder was more of a warrior playstyle

hmm,i thought marauder was more of a warrior playstyle
    the basic strike is sinister strike and the rage is really combo points. Seemed a bit like combat to me =/ not like combat ever really made use of stealth.

One thing I miss while leveling is an "opener". Ops and scoundrels don't get something like that untill like the mid 30's I think? But there are other things to have fun with like using grenades to line people up for the AoE cone (carbine burst for agents) and dropping crowds like dominos (assuming weak and standard).