Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,411

    Guild war 2 fan sites

    Just wondering does anyone know of a good fan site that is updated alot and has active forums for guild wars 2? Apart from here(not saying mmochampion forums are bad:P) i really cant find any?. If anyone knows of any please link , ty and sorry if this is a repeat thread

  2. #2
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Guildwars2guru.com if you like jerks and idiot moderators

  3. #3
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Guildwars2guru.com if you like jerks
    And if you don't, Guildwars2guru.com anyway!
    Belief can become reality!

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,271
    guildfans.com

    not too active though
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  5. #5
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    guildfans.com

    not too active though
    Does Arenanet post or answer anything there?
    Belief can become reality!

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Does Arenanet post or answer anything there?
    Guess not, found it with google. ;D
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  7. #7
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Guess not, found it with google. ;D
    Is it random?
    Is it useful 0,5% of the times?
    No, it's Google!
    Belief can become reality!

  8. #8
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,411
    tried guildfans.com it isnt active:P but it does update a fair bit, ill check out the other ones ty for replies

  9. #9
    High Overlord Mad hat man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    110
    Guildwars2guru.com is probably the main site.

    ArenaNet posts there themself and whatnot, the community is nice, except the moderators, who actually acts like special snowflakes for being moderators and gives you warnings for no actual reason.

    Yes, i'm serious, those moderators are completely dicks.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Guildwars2guru.com if you like jerks and idiot moderators
    I remember guildwarsguru.com being a nice place
    what changed...

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthedbear View Post
    I remember guildwarsguru.com being a nice place
    what changed...
    The general population are nice, but special snowflake blue name posters and powertrip mods tend to ruin the atmosphere.

    Here's my favorite mod example. Heaven forbid you bring up such things in off topic.
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-12-24 at 02:34 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The general population are nice, but special snowflake blue name posters and powertrip mods tend to ruin the atmosphere.

    Here's my favorite mod example. Heaven forbid you bring up such things in off topic.
    They randomly edited one of my posts in the 8th profession anticipation thread. By edit I mean completely deleted it for no reason. (Was a prediction post which turned out to be right in the end HA)

    They sure love being special snowflakes.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  13. #13

    Guild Wars 2 Fan Site

    Hey all,

    I was doing my daily news search on GW2 and caught this thread.

    I am in the process of setting up and building my own GW2 update/news/community site.

    The project got put on hold due to other work and a worry that there was no need for it.

    After seeing this thread I feel I might not be the only one who has seen the lack of concise GW2 and info.

    If i go through with it it will be updated daily whenever there's new or interesting info on GW2.

    Would you guys be interested in something like that... Basically I am asking if I should finish it!

    Cheers,

    Sylvan

  14. #14
    wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_fansites some on that list are old GW1 fansites that have been around quite long time. Personally I prefer to post on incgamers (old gwonline), which is old GW1 fansite and host few alliance forums. Note there is several German and French fansites that are regular updated, so if you speak either of these languages you might want to check their fansites out.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysylvan View Post
    Hey all,

    I was doing my daily news search on GW2 and caught this thread.

    I am in the process of setting up and building my own GW2 update/news/community site.

    The project got put on hold due to other work and a worry that there was no need for it.

    After seeing this thread I feel I might not be the only one who has seen the lack of concise GW2 and info.

    If i go through with it it will be updated daily whenever there's new or interesting info on GW2.

    Would you guys be interested in something like that... Basically I am asking if I should finish it!

    Cheers,

    Sylvan

    TBH I don't think it's needed. There are quite a few GW2 fan sites out there, although the moderators at Guru are a bit of.... snowflakes... the main page always has weekly round up of information and posts information when it appears. Not to mention if you have any certain questions you can post them here and most of the time Mif beats anyone to the punch and answers them.

    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by simplysylvan View Post
    Hey all,

    I was doing my daily news search on GW2 and caught this thread.

    I am in the process of setting up and building my own GW2 update/news/community site.

    The project got put on hold due to other work and a worry that there was no need for it.

    After seeing this thread I feel I might not be the only one who has seen the lack of concise GW2 and info.

    If i go through with it it will be updated daily whenever there's new or interesting info on GW2.

    Would you guys be interested in something like that... Basically I am asking if I should finish it!

    Cheers,

    Sylvan
    I would definitely be interested if it was executed well and you maintained secure website. I HATE using gw2guru for forums because the mods are jerks and delete posts for no reason. I would love to have an active place to go for gw2 chat.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    TBH I don't think it's needed. There are quite a few GW2 fan sites out there, although the moderators at Guru are a bit of.... snowflakes... the main page always has weekly round up of information and posts information when it appears. Not to mention if you have any certain questions you can post them here and most of the time Mif beats anyone to the punch and answers them.

    I can see your point about guru although I must admit the news maybe there but I've never felt its done very well.

    And as many people have said the mods are not loved.

    But thanks for replying I will take yours as 1 no.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-24 at 08:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhiteWolf View Post
    I would definitely be interested if it was executed well and you maintained secure website. I HATE using gw2guru for forums because the mods are jerks and delete posts for no reason. I would love to have an active place to go for gw2 chat.
    Cool well that ties up the votes for the site. It would be active and using mmo champ as a guide to build upon.

    Thanks for replying! Ill keep thinking it over

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Cuchulainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On the Exodar, lecturing Neophytes.
    Posts
    1,058
    Well, I'm glad edge was nice enough to lift my ban on x-mas eve. Thank you for your understanding, and from now on I'll try to lower my tone.

    OT: I'm currently on a crusade to point out how the mods on GW2G are being egotistical. The ones I'm mostly worried about are Unlucky Slayer, Ryuzaki, and Corsair. Those guys are really terrible mods, especially unlucky slayer; that guy is a douche. I'm bringing it up to Kvinna, and hopefully will get a reply from her. My GW2G screen name is Butcher, so if you want to PM, go ahead, or just contact me here. I hope that wasn't too much "calling out", but it seems trivial on this site for mods to moderate an issue related to another forum board. Carry on.

    See, GW2G has the potential to be a great place to discuss things. Every board needs its' "i lold" and "1st" posts every now and then. Every board needs the random crap and silly threads every now and then, too. GW2G doesn't allow it, and most threads on that site end up stagnating into a vicious circle of "hurrr durrr, we don't know yet" posts. No one is willing to be bold and come up with crazy-ass threads/ideas because mods will shut them down in a heartbeat.

    Point blank: having any kind of discussion based on subjective thoughts is forbidden on GW2G. Everyone is forced into this "facts facts facts" culture on that site. It leaves nothing open for REAL discussion. I find it quite boring. However, the only way this is going to get changed is if WE, THE FORUM-GOERS badger Kvinna with PMs until she is forced to open her eyes on the issue and put her dogs in line. It takes a concerted effort from MANY people to make a change. Make an account, send her a PM about snowflake mods, ???, PROFIT.

    Otherwise, another great fan site for RPers would be http://www.gwrpc.org/

  19. #19
    I've been running a GW2 fansite for a little over half a year now at http://www.guildwars2journal.com - it's quite a bit of work but I enjoy doing it, so if anyone wants to check us out I'd be happy and I'm always open for feedback. I'm also looking for a few more staff members (news posters, writers or artists), in case someone is looking for such an opportunity.

    We're not as big as Guru by a long shot but we've been growing lately and I'm trying my best to update the news as often as possible. We also have an active guild section and I've been doing interviews with a few guilds which we posted as spotlights and we'll continue doing that. We also have a few hands-on articles/interviews from Gamescom and will focus on guides after release.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Cuchulainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On the Exodar, lecturing Neophytes.
    Posts
    1,058
    That's quite a nice site you got there, Yalu. It'd be a shame if something happened to it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •