Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

What do you think about the Deathwing encounter?

guys what do you think of the deathwing encounter so far?

EDIT: Could be awesome if the healthbars of the tentacles etc that we kill, if they could share a shared healthpool with Deathwing, so we could feel like we´re killing him instead of his mutated limbs... and also, make the deathwing encounter a bit harder in all versions of the raids. Your thoughts?

im just trying to compare it to the LK encounter and Kil´Jaeden encounter at its not really that great in my oppinion :/

Like LK and Kil´Jaeden took forever to get down, but the Deathwing encounter is available to random pugs without any labour put in it!

I want to hear your view on this, to determine for myself, what this endgame boss has felt like for me, after downing him in the LFR tool.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2011-12-24 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Spark of the mind!

It's ok one time, but I never liked these fights which is so boring and simple in the start and got a "nasty" last phase and whats up with blizzard and their ability to make the most boring first phase of a fight again and again? once you've done a phase 10times without deaths you should be able to get an option to skip til the hard part.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    yea i thought tbh it would be cool, if the healthbars on the tentacles etc that we need to nuke, if blizzard could make their healthpool like a shared one with Deathwing´s pool, so we by the name atleast could feel like it was really the endboss that we're killing, and not his mutated limbs.

Spine is actually a challenging encounter by design, but in the end doesn't really feel all that fun.

Madness is just completely and horribly "meh".

So downing him in LFR can't compare to downing KJ (which I never did pre nerf) or LK (which I did do when the buff was at 10%), however downing him in regular mode it is a much better fight then LK I feel. I actually really enjoy the fight and the way our raid comp is (1 tank 2 heals 7 DPS) requires everybody to play really well to get a quick kill.

I'm personally not a big fan of the whole "repeat step one four times then do step two". I was expecting something even more epic than Ragnaros heroic. To me, Madness of Deathwing was a letdown. (granted, I have yet to kill it on heroic, but judging by the dungeon journal, the mechanics stay relatively the same)
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I think they did what they had to with the fight while sticking to the lore. I mean how could 25 puny people hope to be able to kill Deathwing in a straight fight. From what Ive seen so far Rag does appear to be a more entertaining fight but then again he isnt Deathwing and it makes sense to stand toe to toe with him and duke it out.

i dislike the fact that we are not fighting him directly

and i HATE that all the wipes occur on the 4th platfrom or in p2. meaning you have to grind your way through 10+ mins of boring easy fighting to get to the actual hard part

There are too many threads on this. Like seriously, WAY too many.
    Either way I thoroughly enjoy the fight. Don't know why, but it makes PLENTY of sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    i dislike the fact that we are not fighting him directly

and i HATE that all the wipes occur on the 4th platfrom or in p2. meaning you have to grind your way through 10+ mins of boring easy fighting to get to the actual hard part
    Then again, it has always been like that for endbosses. It's just that in Deathwing's case, the first 3 platforms are basically identical to the 4th one.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    guys what do you think of the deathwing encounter so far?

EDIT: Could be awesome if the healthbars of the tentacles etc that we kill, if they could share a shared healthpool with Deathwing, so we could feel like we´re killing him instead of his mutated limbs... and also, make the deathwing encounter a bit harder in all versions of the raids. Your thoughts?
    Each limb tentacle you kill takes 20% off deathwing's health. That's why he starts at 20% when his head comes down. Pay attention.

I think it's a fun fight.

The point of LFR is for random pugs to see the content without putting any effort into it. If you're looking for a challenge, LFR is the wrong place for you.